goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Siskaa said:

Its easy to say but hard to implement it. I just want to be reunited with my husband soon and it has been 9 months waiting while others has move forward from to NVC or even interview or even already in US with their spouse and family. And me? Still waiting :(

You are so right about that.   But there is nothing we can do.  If there is. I'm sure we would. ..  it will happen eventually. Keep faith.  And good luck !!  Praying for u 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I paid my fees on Jun 28th and received receipts from out immigration lawyer that day. A few weeks later... no money had been removed from my account. Finally, on Jul 21, after emailing the lawyer a few times the lawyer realized the payment wasnt actually processed by the NVC because it wasnt a US account that the money was coming out of... so frustrating 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, josephjia said:

Please help. Can Anybody tell me what I can submit as "Proof of Domicile"? I have no utility bills. Thank you.

Hello there, I know this is very old, but just incase no one answered you yet....for me I also had no utility bills. I used my library card, my local bus system card, my driver's license with my home address, some mail that was addressed to me, a bank account, other bills I am paying, and my voter's registration card. We got approved at USCIS and now we are half-way through NVC, and no problems yet.

Good luck to you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
50 minutes ago, goobies said:

Hello there, I know this is very old, but just incase no one answered you yet....for me I also had no utility bills. I used my library card, my local bus system card, my driver's license with my home address, some mail that was addressed to me, a bank account, other bills I am paying, and my voter's registration card. We got approved at USCIS and now we are half-way through NVC, and no problems yet.

Good luck to you!

Hey! 

We are also halfway through NVC, sending package sometime this week! 

Anybody knows how long are they taking to finish cases at NVC? They told me up to 11 weeks! But hopefully less.... thanks! Best wishes to all and we'll be reunited with our loved ones soon!!! 🙌🏾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

To all of you who are going through the NVC process,

how many of you are using a lawyer as their agent and how many are doing it on their own?

Also, I did use a lawyer to help prepare the I-130 petition, can I choose a diffrent agent or does it have to be that same lawyer?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/26/2017 at 2:42 AM, Beatriz and Luis said:

Hey! 

Anybody knows how long are they taking to finish cases at NVC? They told me up to 11 weeks! But hopefully less.... thanks! Best wishes to all and we'll be reunited with our loved ones soon!!! 🙌🏾

Randomly I met someone from my hometown who is going through the same process and they were told that the NVC would take up to 11 weeks to finish the case.. but within 2 weeks they received the letter with an interview date! I'm a little jealous since they applied about 3 weeks after we did and their interview is already scheduled haha. Hopefully the NVC can continue to be that quick!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, carriiej said:

Randomly I met someone from my hometown who is going through the same process and they were told that the NVC would take up to 11 weeks to finish the case.. but within 2 weeks they received the letter with an interview date! I'm a little jealous since they applied about 3 weeks after we did and their interview is already scheduled haha. Hopefully the NVC can continue to be that quick!

It's not. I've been sick at this stage forever. I completed NVC May 19th and still haven't heard anything about an interview. They just keep feeling me to wait. 70 days in this step! Ugh. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, Beatriz and Luis said:

Hey! 

IT depends on your country, but the average is 9 weeks...some take less.

Timeline

Hi y'all!

for all of you who already sent the I package to Nvc

This are the documents i have:

copy of my birth certificate

copy of my passport

2 pictures

copy of marriage certificate

police certificste

AOS FORM I-864EZ

Federal income tax and W2's from 2016 

Pay stubs as proff of income 

Proff of domicile 

husband's civil documents (naturalized citicenship paper, divorce certificate, copy of pasport) 

ls this enough? 

Thank you!!!

Timeline

Also, i am from Mexico so my birth certificate and police certificate are both in spanish. The Nvc agent told me i dont need to get it translated since its supposed to be in my country's language since my interview will be in Ciudad Juarez, anybody in the same boat? 

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
23 hours ago, Beatriz and Luis said:

Hi y'all!

for all of you who already sent the I package to Nvc

This are the documents i have:

copy of my birth certificate

copy of my passport

2 pictures

copy of marriage certificate

police certificste

AOS FORM I-864EZ

Federal income tax and W2's from 2016 

Pay stubs as proff of income 

Proff of domicile 

husband's civil documents (naturalized citicenship paper, divorce certificate, copy of pasport) 

ls this enough? 

Thank you!!!

I sent the last 2 years of my taxes. I also requested IRS transcripts and sent those with my package. I sent 6 months worth of Paystubs which was what an attorney advised me to do. I also got a bank letter. She said the more you send the better.  I believe I also sent the translations of anything that was not in English in my package.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 7/12/2017 at 10:17 AM, Beatriz and Luis said:

So quick!! 

Good luck!!! Let us know how did it go!! 

Sorry, I forgot to let everyone know what it is going on. We made it!!!! After the trauma of USCIS stage I was completely unprepared for the NVC expedite. My wife interviewed 2 weeks after the expedite was approved, and it was approved easily. No hard questions, just basic stuff. Where does he work, what are his hobbies. My wife couldn't remember the name of my position, but it didn't matter to the interviewer. (to be fair, I'm the Teacher Advisor for Indian Education Program for the Los Angeles Unified School District, so it's a bit hard to remember). The visa arrived in her mail 5 days after the interview, and we bought her ticket to the US. She'll be arriving on August 31.

Thank's to all the support from all the October filer's and I pray/wish daily for everyone else here.

14 minutes ago, vizthum said:

Sorry, I forgot to let everyone know what it is going on. We made it!!!! After the trauma of USCIS stage I was completely unprepared for the NVC expedite. My wife interviewed 2 weeks after the expedite was approved, and it was approved easily. No hard questions, just basic stuff. Where does he work, what are his hobbies. My wife couldn't remember the name of my position, but it didn't matter to the interviewer. (to be fair, I'm the Teacher Advisor for Indian Education Program for the Los Angeles Unified School District, so it's a bit hard to remember). The visa arrived in her mail 5 days after the interview, and we bought her ticket to the US. She'll be arriving on August 31.

Thank's to all the support from all the October filer's and I pray/wish daily for everyone else here.

How did you expedite ? What was your reasoning please help 

Filed: Timeline
On 2017-5-14 at 11:50 AM, yee2yeec said:

Hi JessieABC.  Thanks for your advice.

I called USCIS and they told me that there may be a typographic error in my case (they did not tell me which).  One officer suggested me to mail the service center responsible to explain my situation along with providing proofs that my husband is living overseas.  We just did it yesterday and hope the issue can be fixed soon.  I am frustrated and feel helpless about how I may track my case progress from now on.  Perhaps I will have to call them once in a while and see.  Has anyone dealt with similar cases before?

I am guessing my problem has something to do with my Question 22 on I-130.  I crossed out that question and didn't put my city and country on the right side, though I think this should not really have been a problem since everything else clearly indicates that we are applying this from overseas.  This is very frustrating

Wow... guess what... after 3 months of waiting, Texas finally recommended our case to be amended and fixed on the error before transferring it to NVC!  Just hoping to share with you here if you are going through the same pain as mine with one typographic error hindering the whole process... Good luck, everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.