TandD2016

I-129F October 2016 Filers (merged thread)

1,449 posts in this topic

30 days?? Isnt the estimated time on the USCIS website like 5 months?

TandD2016 already replied to your previous question..:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/612049-i-129f-october-2016-filers/?p=8348724

Look through August and September filings and see what people are actually receiving.

K-1 VISA

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Spoiler

N-400

Spoiler

So while I was waiting, I was looking through the case tracker app, it looks like that yesterday they were processing applications received in the Dallas lockbox on the 19th September...it's getting closer and closer!!!

K1 VISA
10/03/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/05/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/07/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/11/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
10/17/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received
11/02/16....NOA2 Approval (USCIS website)

11/08/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received
11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F
11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Case left NVC for consulate

12/02/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"
12/07/16....Medical (Knightsbridge London) - Completed

12/10/16....Received Approved Petition Letter from Embassy
12/15/16....Interview - APPROVED!!!!
01/10/17....Visa Issued
01/13/17....Visa in Hand =)
02/10/17....POE at Chicago ORD

I use an iphone app called USCIS Case Tracker & Searcher.

K1 VISA
10/03/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/05/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/07/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/11/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
10/17/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received
11/02/16....NOA2 Approval (USCIS website)

11/08/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received
11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F
11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Case left NVC for consulate

12/02/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"
12/07/16....Medical (Knightsbridge London) - Completed

12/10/16....Received Approved Petition Letter from Embassy
12/15/16....Interview - APPROVED!!!!
01/10/17....Visa Issued
01/13/17....Visa in Hand =)
02/10/17....POE at Chicago ORD

So a question. Looking ahead - once NVC forwards the case to the embassy, can my fiancee contact the embassy after 1 week to see if they received it and schedule an interview asap? Or does she have to wait to receive her packet with instructions from the embassy?

K-1 VISA

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Spoiler

N-400

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All. As per checking the timelines here in visajourney, a NOA1 dated sept 21 was approved last oct 17! It IS really getting closer! Good luck to all of us!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So a question. Looking ahead - once NVC forwards the case to the embassy, can my fiancee contact the embassy after 1 week to see if they received it and schedule an interview asap? Or does she have to wait to receive her packet with instructions from the embassy?

Hi, it is okay to call them to know if they received it but i don't you could schedule an interview when your fiance do not have the packet yet since the instructions are there. Hope this helps!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Every embassy works differently, but usually the beneficiary needs to wait for the embassy to contact her/him. You can't schedule an interview before getting and following their instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.