Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Police Clearance Certificate after 15 years since stay in a country

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh

A field in the DS 260 form asks if the applicant previously lived in countries different than his present address. If he lived in different countries, he is required to obtain and submit Police Clearance Certificate from those countries with the visa application.
It is given on the webisite travel.state.gov that countries such as Austria, Finland, Japan etc. deletes the police records after 5 years (for minor offences) and after 10 years (for major offences).
If the applicant is applying for a family based USA immigration visa after 15 Years since his stay in a different country, then his police records in that country is already deleted (and cleared).
To complete his DS 260 visa application, does he still need to obtain Police Clearance Certificate from the countries in which he lived 15 years before?
Thanks for any help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the immigration process you will be going through serious background checks and yes you will need to get police clearance no matter when or how long ago you lived in a country for more than a certain amount of time. If you try to obtain police record from those countries he mentioned after 15 years guess what? They will not find anything but at least you can submit to the communication to the US Embassy as a proof that they did not find anything. You are responsibile for providing the documentation they're (embassy)looking for.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...