*BestDayEver0425*

Administrative Processing 221g Just Wondering on Your thoughts.......

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi-

My fiances interview was today (9/9/2016), his was in Mumbai, India. We have received an administrative processing letter 221g as well......We are praying for a positive outcome, but he told me that they were not leaning either way. They issued him the AP letter which indicated:

We have received your application for an immigrant visa. Unfortunately your file is incomplete......... (but there is no indication of what is incomplete nor did they tell him of anything)

Your case is under administrative processing. We will contact you once the processing is complete,

and at the bottom of the letter it indicates:

When you are contacted, please present this letter and your passport to any one of the 11 document drop off locations.

He said the CO told him they need to reprocess your case and will be in touch in two to three business days and he said they added that you can submit your passport from your local are (at one of the locations), so I was wondering if anyone had any insight, it would be helpful.

CC

(L)(L) Our Story (L) (L)

11.11.2015 Met
(L)04.25.2017 Married(L)
       (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hmmm..sounds like denial..if I am right, they didn't find legit case. If they approve, they will keep his passport.

Maybe I am wrong, that is just due to my country seen so far.

AP will takes forever, and once they return some answers, they said at this time we can't grant visa. that is happened to my buddy before in Vietnam

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Did you have engagement? pics together?

I-129F sent August 6th 2016

NOA1 Received August 8th 2016

Approved October 11th 2016

Hard Copy NOA2 Received October 17th 2016

NVC Received October 25th 2016

NVC Case Assign October 26th 2016

Left NVC October 31st

Paid Visa Fees November 1st 2016

Embassy Received November 4th 2016

Packet 3 Received November 11th 2016

Medical December 12th 2016

Interview December 21st 2016

Visa In Hand??

POE Houston ????

Hopes being together by Christmas :):)

Timeline

Did you have engagement? pics together?

No formal engagement........but yes I sent pleanty of pictures, a large amount of supporting docs; including chats, phone calls, everything was front loaded in the initial packet.

CC

(L)(L) Our Story (L) (L)

11.11.2015 Met
(L)04.25.2017 Married(L)
       (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

No formal engagement........but yes I sent pleanty of pictures, a large amount of supporting docs; including chats, phone calls, everything was front loaded in the initial packet.

CC

No formal engagement is not an issue.We never exchanged rings.I never front loaded with chats,phone calls etc.Still we were approved.As I said earlier you gotta tell the whole story not just the outcome of the Interview.No one here has a psychic power to read CO's mind and tell you why it happened.

Timeline

What questions were asked and how did the Interview go?

They asked the standard question......

+ they asked about:

my previous marriage of 9 years and specifically my ex-husbands first name

we do have an age difference and I am older and they asked him why he is interested in someone older ( I am still in child bearing age )

He said they were tough but the CO said they will reprocess /review the case and be in contact with him in 2-3 days...seems kind of of specific. My thought is....... if it is a denial why not just deny it on the spot. One interesting thing that the CO said to him when they talked about my previous marriage and the reason there was a divorce (which was a religious difference He Muslim...Me Christian) was that she said to him that that will be a problem for you because you are Hindu and she is Christian......however he replied that he is Christian..and shared his that he has been Christian for a long time. So after that was when she indicated that they will reprocess/review the case and then .....We will contact you stuff and where to drop the passport off .

(L)(L) Our Story (L) (L)

11.11.2015 Met
(L)04.25.2017 Married(L)
       (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Timeline

They asked the standard question......

+ they asked about:

my previous marriage of 9 years and specifically my ex-husbands first name

we do have an age difference and I am older and they asked him why he is interested in someone older ( I am still in child bearing age )

He said they were tough but the CO said they will reprocess /review the case and be in contact with him in 2-3 days...seems kind of of specific. My thought is....... if it is a denial why not just deny it on the spot. One interesting thing that the CO said to him when they talked about my previous marriage and the reason there was a divorce (which was a religious difference He Muslim...Me Christian) was that she said to him that that will be a problem for you because you are Hindu and she is Christian......however he replied that he is Christian..and shared his that he has been Christian for a long time. So after that was when she indicated that they will reprocess/review the case and then .....We will contact you stuff and where to drop the passport off .

It is not a denial yet.You do have Red Flags in your case.They do not deny it,they just send your petition back to NVC and let the petition expire. But in your case they did not do it.Your best bet is to wait for a while.May be they will contact your fiance and ask him to submit more documents.So just relax and wait.

Timeline

No formal engagement is not an issue.We never exchanged rings.I never front loaded with chats,phone calls etc.Still we were approved.As I said earlier you gotta tell the whole story not just the outcome of the Interview.No one here has a psychic power to read CO's mind and tell you why it happened.

I know a red flag of age and that we are an inter-racial couple is changeling, however the thing I shared with my fiance earlier today, is that If the time was take to really look at the case and review everything in it one would see our relationship even in print. It just makes me sad that I want to see him, be with him and spend my life with him and that they can not see that. :(

CC

(L)(L) Our Story (L) (L)

11.11.2015 Met
(L)04.25.2017 Married(L)
       (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Timeline

I know a red flag of age and that we are an inter-racial couple is changeling, however the thing I shared with my fiance earlier today, is that If the time was take to really look at the case and review everything in it one would see our relationship even in print. It just makes me sad that I want to see him, be with him and spend my life with him and that they can not see that. :(

CC

I know how you feel and you have to go through this is very sad.Remember if your relationship is true then everything is gonna be alright sooner or later.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

This is not a denial. If you were denied, they would've told you. It sounds like your case needs to be reviewed more. Also, you can't compare apples to oranges. What happened at a Vietnam embassy isn't going to be the same as the India embassy.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hmmm..sounds like denial..if I am right, they didn't find legit case. If they approve, they will keep his passport.

Maybe I am wrong, that is just due to my country seen so far.

AP will takes forever, and once they return some answers, they said at this time we can't grant visa. that is happened to my buddy before in Vietnam

No, this is not a denial, it's AP. It they were denied they would have been told. Also, AP does not take forever-everyone gets AP even if only for a day.

If you do not know the answer to a question do not guess as you are just scaring the OP. If you do not know a correct answer do not comment at all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

They say the file is incomplete, doesn't mean that he needs to add something more. Could be that they need to check up on a few things, like security stuff or such. Once they've done that the case will be complete and they will be able to make a decision. Cross your fingers it's a positive one.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

No, this is not a denial, it's AP. It they were denied they would have been told. Also, AP does not take forever-everyone gets AP even if only for a day.

If you do not know the answer to a question do not guess as you are just scaring the OP. If you do not know a correct answer do not comment at all.

They say the file is incomplete, doesn't mean that he needs to add something more. Could be that they need to check up on a few things, like security stuff or such. Once they've done that the case will be complete and they will be able to make a decision. Cross your fingers it's a positive one.

Well, I feel a little better, we will continue to pray for a positive outcome. I just don't want to get too hopeful because I don't want to be deflated again, that was really hard yesterday. I want to be real......but with God..... "all things are possible" He can open doors even if 100 are closed for someone and I always believe that if I have one problem, He has 10,000 answers we just need one.... I am hoping that the thing sticking out in my mind are that they were very specific that they will have an answer in 2-3 days, because they said that to him more than once and they will reprocess/review the case again.... especially when they found that we are in fact both Christian and not of different religions. We will wait and see.

I am wondering if they are questioning the validity of this case, would we benefit by requesting a second interview that I can attend with him? I have time off at the end of the month, when he is hoping to be here but if that's not the case I can go there and attend an interview and help them see that this is for real (L)!

CC

Edited by CC111115MM

(L)(L) Our Story (L) (L)

11.11.2015 Met
(L)04.25.2017 Married(L)
       (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

How do you not comment? Do you just say "I don't have a comment on that "? Only curious because I'm trying to prep my fiancé for our interview and I didn't know this could also be done like if he doesn't remember something

K-1 Visa Journey: :wub:

05/24/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/27/2016 -- I-129F delivered to Lewisville, TX

06/01/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to USCIS California Service Center

06/02/2016 -- Check Cleared

06/06/2016 -- Form I-797C/NOA1 received in the mail

08/08/2016 -- Petition Approved (68 Days)

08/13/2016 -- Form I-797/NOA 2 received in the mail

08/19/2016 -- NVC case received and Case ID assigned

09/01/2016 -- Consulate received

10/19/2016 -- Packet 3 & 4 received

01/04/2017  -- Interview--> Approval!! :dancing:

02/21/2017  -- POE :clock:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.