dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2016

527 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The NVC confirmed today that they have received our case. Yay! Now it's waiting for our case number. Hopefully we'll have it in a few weeks. I am excited to begin this phase of the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all just got an update from the app saying my case was sent to the department of state for visa processing... Does this mean i can call an get more info? ... Our i130 was approved aug 31.. Or do i have to still have to waiit the 30 days

Hi all just got an update from the app saying my case was sent to the department of state for visa processing... Does this mean i can call an get more info? ... Our i130 was approved aug 31.. Or do i have to still have to waiit the 30 days

Mine was sent September 1 and it wasn't until September 23 that they received it. I would wait 2 to 3 weeks for a case number. You can always call them....maybe you're lucky and start NVC processing faster than expected. Good luck!

Timeline

Kallen, I got notice that my case was sent to the NVC on September 22. I called today and they confirmed they had just received it. Of course it will take a little longer to get my case number. I bet yours will arrive early next week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome! Thanks i swear the closer i get the more eager i am lol ill call in a week or so see what they say! Cant hurt to try!

Kallen, I got notice that my case was sent to the NVC on September 22. I called today and they confirmed they had just received it. Of course it will take a little longer to get my case number. I bet yours will arrive early next week.

Thanks!! Good luck to you aswell!!

Mine was sent September 1 and it wasn't until September 23 that they received it. I would wait 2 to 3 weeks for a case number. You can always call them....maybe you're lucky and start NVC processing faster than expected. Good luck!

Timeline

Awesome! Thanks i swear the closer i get the more eager i am lol ill call in a week or so see what they say! Cant hurt to try!

I can completely ready. While I know I can't control everything, I want to stay on top of this phase to hopefully speed things up. I am so ready to be done with the visa process. Yet I know I still have quite a few months more because of the embassy I am dealing with.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Today is 28th Sep. My second scan date was 29th August.. i am hoping for a miracle. I got a very simple checklist for missing my passport copy. Lets hope for the best. Finger crossed..

My Time line is Updated! 

I submitted ds 261 on sep 23. Then i waited for 2 days to get aos fee invoiced. But it was not unlocked. So i called nvc yesterday. She refused to do review, and told me to wait for welcome email.I got email this morning.so 4 days after case no i paid aos fee

How to know if its been reviewed or not?

You know it is reviewed when your IV fee is available to be paid. once you see that link to pay for IV fee, you can go ahead and pay it. I had my aos form reviewed and then I waited 2 days to pay the IV fee as the fee became available 2 days after for me.

One more quetion i want to ask. Do i also have to send cover sheet from nvc welcum email. Or i could just send my own written cover letter?

And i printed aos cover sheet twice. But for iv do i have to remove aos from cover sheet?

Thankyou!!

You have to use the welcome letter cover sheet no matter what. you can include your own as well. as someone said, do follow the NVC wiki process, it has helped me a lot!

I got my welcome letter now , can i go ahead and pay AOS fee or i need to wait ds-261 to be reviewed ?

You can go ahead and pay the AOS fee and then ds 261 will be available, which you fill out and then you can review it with them (call in this matter, do not wait for them to contact you). after ds 261 is reviewed your IV fee will unlock otherwise it will not.

Finally got our notification that our case was sent to the NVC today (9/27)! We got our NOA-2 on August 31, so it's been a bit of a longer wait than we expected. I think I'll give the NVC a call around this time next week to see if they've gotten it - does that sound about right, timing-wise?

I called every week once, however it does take 2 weeks for them to receive and assign case number. They got my case in a week. it depends I think on where it is coming from because I have seen people waiting for weeks in order for NVC to receive it.

I tried to py AOS fee ,,everything was going fine on last page after i click pay fee didnt take me to payment confirmation or anything just the same page and instead of the button PAY FEE i got RETURN TO INVOICE , checked my bank acount not has been deducted yet ..anybody can help please?

I believe that is paid, does the page on the bottom shows a bar code or asked for email to be sent or something?

Just make sure with NVC if you are not sure. Also make sure that you fill the ds 261 only once and don't click on it again (this is important otherwise you will set the clock again.

After a week call NVC to see if they received your case. 30 days is standard, be proactive at NVC stage. Always stay proactive!

Can anyone help me with a question on the i-864 affidavit of support? In Section 2 I (the intending immigrant) am listed, and then in question 3 it asks if you're sponsoring the person mentioned in question 2. Do my details ALSO have to be listed under what family members are being sponsored, or is that only if there are additional family members in addition to myself?

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Can anyone help me with a question on the i-864 affidavit of support? In Section 2 I (the intending immigrant) am listed, and then in question 3 it asks if you're sponsoring the person mentioned in question 2. Do my details ALSO have to be listed under what family members are being sponsored, or is that only if there are additional family members in addition to myself?

Wait you are the one immigrating or are you the one petitioning for someone to come to us?

The aos is supposed to be filled out by the petitioner not the beneficiary. Aos is all about petitioner's financial support that they can provide the beneficiary.

If u r the intending immigrant then number 2 applies to u but number 3 applies to the petitioner. All family member questions applies to ur petitioner

Sorry that may be confusing. I'm the beneficiary/applicant and my husband is the petitioner. He's filling in the form but I'm just asking the questions because he's not the active one on the forum here.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Yesterday was our second wedding anniversary and also my husband's 50th birthday.

Was hoping for case cmplete as a birthday gift for him but no...

But we are now officially IR-1!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Sorry that may be confusing. I'm the beneficiary/applicant and my husband is the petitioner. He's filling in the form but I'm just asking the questions because he's not the active one on the forum here.

Did you open any of the links I gave you? There are step by step instructions in there. If I haven't givenyou links do let me know. Also the i864 has instructions for each part on uscis website. It explains what each part is meant. Do look into it.

Just Curious, Does anyone know when the NVC will start scheduling for November?

Visa Journey

Summer 2003- Met hubby for a first time

06/26/20o7 – Dating (family traveled a lot to DR)

11/14/2015 - Married (L)

USCIS

03/03/2016 - Filed I-130

03/07/2016 - I-130 received

03/09/2016 - Received NOA1 (by snail Mail)

07/07/2016 - Received NOA2

NVC

07/20/2016 - Petition sent to NVC

07/26/2016 - Petition received at NVC

08/12/2016 - Case / Invoice # received over phone

08/12/2016 - Submitted DS-261

08/15/2016 - AOS fee generated

08/15/2016 - AOS fee paid (online)

08/18/2016 - IV fee generated

08/182016 - IV fee paid (online)

08/20/2016 - DS-260 completed

08/22/2016 - Mailed AOS/IV packet

08/25/2016 - Scan date

09/09/2016 - RFE :cry:

09/21/2016 - New scan date

11/02/2016- Case complete :dancing:

Interview process

11/11/2016 - P4 E-mail received (on veterans day ... so weird)

11/21/2016 - Medical

12/14/2016 - Interview ( visaApproved) :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.