542 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, cake68 said:

Hey guys,

I've recently contacted my state senator and Congresswoman.  About how long before I should expect a response?

I have absolutely no idea but I am curious as to what you told them. Can you share with us? I'm ready to do just about anything right now, so I'm considering asking my husband to do the same thing. Thank you and happy Valentine's Day everyone. 

1 hour ago, MrsRP said:

I have absolutely no idea but I am curious as to what you told them. Can you share with us? I'm ready to do just about anything right now, so I'm considering asking my husband to do the same thing. Thank you and happy Valentine's Day everyone. 

well the congressional offices for both my Senator and Congresswoman required a signed waiver that gives permission to contact the USCIS on your behalf.  of course they also ask for basic info surrounding your case.  i think the idea is that department will give them an update within a reasonable amount of time because they are members of Congress.  It has been exactly 3 weeks....so...fingers crossed.  PD July 1st.

20 minutes ago, cake68 said:

well the congressional offices for both my Senator and Congresswoman required a signed waiver that gives permission to contact the USCIS on your behalf.  of course they also ask for basic info surrounding your case.  i think the idea is that department will give them an update within a reasonable amount of time because they are members of Congress.  It has been exactly 3 weeks....so...fingers crossed.  PD July 1st.

@MrsRP We also contacted both Senators and Congressman. After signing a privacy release waiver, they contacted USCIS and got back to me. Basically USCIS was completely unhelpful. USCIS sent nothing back but incorrect information. They even told the Senators office that it was against their policy to transfer any petitions to other service centers based on workload. When obviously, not only is it completely their policy, they do it CONSTANTLY. USCIS also told them incorrect current processing times (they referred to the website where the dates hadn't been updated in months). So I guess either USCIS just said anything to stop us from bothering them, and/or they don't know how to do their jobs. So irritating.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, nicoleelaine said:

@MrsRP We also contacted both Senators and Congressman. After signing a privacy release waiver, they contacted USCIS and got back to me. Basically USCIS was completely unhelpful. USCIS sent nothing back but incorrect information. They even told the Senators office that it was against their policy to transfer any petitions to other service centers based on workload. When obviously, not only is it completely their policy, they do it CONSTANTLY. USCIS also told them incorrect current processing times (they referred to the website where the dates hadn't been updated in months). So I guess either USCIS just said anything to stop us from bothering them, and/or they don't know how to do their jobs. So irritating.

@nicoleelaine wow that's REALLY shitty! Thanks for sharing your experience. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Today, I received an email from USCIS that my case paperwork has been shipped from USCIS (to NVC). I guess it takes a few weeks between NOA2 approval from USCIS and NVC receiving paperwork owing to the fact that USCIS mails paperwork in batches and sends them once a week or so. 

Priority date: July 29th, 2016
NOA2 approval: Jan 31, 2017
Paperwork leaving USCIS to NVC: Feb 14, 2017

Good luck to everyone! 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, hemanshummy said:

Today, I received an email from USCIS that my case paperwork has been shipped from USCIS (to NVC). I guess it takes a few weeks between NOA2 approval from USCIS and NVC receiving paperwork owing to the fact that USCIS mails paperwork in batches and sends them once a week or so. 

Priority date: July 29th, 2016
NOA2 approval: Jan 31, 2017
Paperwork leaving USCIS to NVC: Feb 14, 2017

Good luck to everyone! 

Does that mean that you had no idea your case had been approved? 

I can somewhat understand them sending the paperwork to NVC later, but taking 2 weeks to say you've been approved seems particularly long. 

Happy for you anyway! Good luck for the rest. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, RogJac said:

5 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

I have a waiver sitting on my desk right now, that I got back after emailing my Senator. I am thinking I shouldn't even bother? I don't believe the USCIS is giving clear or honest responses to anyone. 

Edited by UsSwedlover

2 hours ago, UsSwedlover said:

I have a waiver sitting on my desk right now, that I got back after emailing my Senator. I am thinking I shouldn't even bother? I don't believe the USCIS is giving clear or honest responses to anyone. 

Well by the time we received those responses from USCIS, from what we could tell on the VJ site, we were pretty close to approval anyway. So we decided to just wait and then got approved on Feb 1st. By all means, try everything you can. Nothing really to lose but I also wouldn't expect much. Who knows, maybe your experience may end up better than mine? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys i got rfe i checked my status and USCIS sent mail to february 8 but i still dont get it its been one week how many days should i wait to get it? Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
18 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

Well by the time we received those responses from USCIS, from what we could tell on the VJ site, we were pretty close to approval anyway. So we decided to just wait and then got approved on Feb 1st. By all means, try everything you can. Nothing really to lose but I also wouldn't expect much. Who knows, maybe your experience may end up better than mine? 

I am going to send it. I hopefully at worst it will be same old stuff they say. At best they could at least let me know whats going on and where mine is at. I'll let everyone know the reply I get. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

CASE WAS APPROVED! :D

PD: July 25th.. Nebraska Service Center....

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Asherbabe876 said:

got an email from nvc informing me about the next steps. So happy!!!!

November filers - Texas and Potomac getting excited - time to find beer and watch sports like a future American. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.