542 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So, My accountant said if I put "NRA" under social security number for my wife who's not in the USA yet, the IRS will reject my tax returns even though I file it as Married but Separately. Is it true? Anybody has any experience. 

any help is appreciated...Thanks in Advance

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

Hello All,

has anyone had had an issue with their service center OVERLOOKING their file? I filed for my wife July 5th, and PD is the 6th. Our case was transferred from NSC to TSC on 11/18. Still to this day, haven't heard anything so I decided to call on Thursday. The rep I spoke to told me that the service center as of 12/31/16 is on PD August 2?! So I'm like #######?!!! Has anyone else had this experience?! I'm super frustrated and angry to say the LEAST. 

I cant possibly understand why this has happened. 

Advice, please. 

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsnMrsKing315 said:

Hello All,

has anyone had had an issue with their service center OVERLOOKING their file? I filed for my wife July 5th, and PD is the 6th. Our case was transferred from NSC to TSC on 11/18. Still to this day, haven't heard anything so I decided to call on Thursday. The rep I spoke to told me that the service center as of 12/31/16 is on PD August 2?! So I'm like #######?!!! Has anyone else had this experience?! I'm super frustrated and angry to say the LEAST. 

Advice, please. 

Its not too common but it has happened that people fall through the cracks. Your dates don't make sense to me. You filed on July 5th - what does that mean exactly? You mailed your packet? When did you get your NOA1? July 6th? Usually NOA1 comes a few days - 1 week after USCIS has received your package. Even still, if you were transferred to Texas November 18th, with a PD of sometime in July.... You are way outside normal processing times... (6 months).

I would contact your local congressman and/or senator. Write an official letter to them explaining your case has been sitting in USCIS limbo for way beyond normal processing (via email). Have all of your dates/communications from USCIS well documented for them. Then you should call them the same day. There are other threads on here that speak to this especially - I'm sure you could find examples of language people used if you wanted. From what I've seen, people have had luck getting something moved through once a member of congress was involved. You have every right to be upset, this is way beyond normal processing.

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, MrsnMrsKing315 said:

Hello All,

Advice, please. 

I'm going through the same thing my pd is July 25th so I had to fill out a case iquairy form I am very frustrated also never it was going to take this long to get my husband here and our baby is due in a couple weeks.

Timeline
On 24/02/2017 at 2:49 PM, amistry18 said:

So, My accountant said if I put "NRA" under social security number for my wife who's not in the USA yet, the IRS will reject my tax returns even though I file it as Married but Separately. Is it true? Anybody has any experience. 

any help is appreciated...Thanks in Advance

USC outside the USA often state - Non Registered Alien as many have not got the Green Card visa in their hands or have one. It gets through.

This page or section tells you what you need to know:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/nonresident-spouse-treated-as-a-resident

3 hours ago, misshepburn said:

Its not too common but it has happened that people fall through the cracks. Your dates don't make sense to me. You filed on July 5th - what does that mean exactly? You mailed your packet? When did you get your NOA1? July 6th? Usually NOA1 comes a few days - 1 week after USCIS has received your package. Even still, if you were transferred to Texas November 18th, with a PD of sometime in July.... You are way outside normal processing times... (6 months).

I would contact your local congressman and/or senator. Write an official letter to them explaining your case has been sitting in USCIS limbo for way beyond normal processing (via email). Have all of your dates/communications from USCIS well documented for them. Then you should call them the same day. There are other threads on here that speak to this especially - I'm sure you could find examples of language people used if you wanted. From what I've seen, people have had luck getting something moved through once a member of congress was involved. You have every right to be upset, this is way beyond normal processing.

I sent out her packet on the 5th, it was overnighted. Our PD is the 6th of July. We received our NOA1 on the 14th - just to clarify. 

& I will look into contacting my Senator. 

When I called on Thursday though, the rep had me fill out an inquiry form of some sort that will be sent to the center and they are said to respond within two weeks. 

So by 3/9/17 I should have a response hopefully. This is certainly ridiculous. 

event.png

3 hours ago, MrsMattis said:

I'm going through the same thing my pd is July 25th so I had to fill out a case iquairy form I am very frustrated also never it was going to take this long to get my husband here and our baby is due in a couple weeks.

Im sorry you are going through this, I completely understand how you feel. 

I understand that these things take time but I wish these people would understand our feelings in this. 

I hope you get a response soon and as well as I - they had me do the inquiry form as well.

Good luck love and congrats on the baby.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
6 hours ago, MrsnMrsKing315 said:

Hello All,

Advice, please. 

We are on the same boat with you, PD June 28th, NOA1 July 1st, was transferred to TSC on November 17th and no NOA2 yet. We called 3 times and they said it's because of application overload and any case is different. 

Since we front loaded the petition and we sent all certified documents i can't think of any issue except my husband's name change and my nationality. I hope it helps you

3 hours ago, NBA16 said:

We are on the same boat with you, PD June 28th, NOA1 July 1st, was transferred to TSC on November 17th and no NOA2 yet. We called 3 times and they said it's because of application overload and any case is different. 

Since we front loaded the petition and we sent all certified documents i can't think of any issue except my husband's name change and my nationality. I hope it helps you

I guess we are all in the same boat. I have been monitoring this forum since my application (6/7).

I decided to post, in order to discuss this topic in greater detail with all of you. 

From what I have heard from my lawyer the USCIS has made a mistake, and they are still processing July applications at NSC

I am not sure whether we are to believe this. Any thoughts of why our applications are taking so long. We are all past the processing as of date, are our applications still active, how do we know?

Since the as of date is updated at the 15th of every month, I anticipate we should all hear by then.

On 2/14/2017 at 8:57 PM, Asherbabe876 said:

Hello everyone . How long should I wait before calling the Nvc. A month has passed 

You may now call them. I think that helps when you follow up to them but not too much, twice a week will do. good luck on this journey 

Edited by R and KJ

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

On 2/18/2017 at 9:39 AM, RogJac said:

Case left USCIS @Nabraska and sent to NVC : Feb 14 as well 

On 2/23/2017 at 4:37 PM, MrsRP said:

We have called so many times. They won't even let us talk to a supervisor. We contacted our senator, submitted a "passed processing times" request online and my husband is going to the USCIS again next week. Hopefully one of these makes them move. 

Good luck guys. You are one step closer in this journey

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

10 hours ago, misshepburn said:

wow misshepburn!  just looking at your timeline your case was complete in february while myself and others havent even received the NOA2.  at this rate you will have the visa before some of us make it out of USCIS. what type of sorcery do you possess?  i promise i wont tell a soul. 

26 minutes ago, cake68 said:

wow misshepburn!  just looking at your timeline your case was complete in february while myself and others havent even received the NOA2.  at this rate you will have the visa before some of us make it out of USCIS. what type of sorcery do you possess?  i promise i wont tell a soul. 

I wanted to know the same thing when I looked at her timeline as well! lol - giveeeeeeeee us the deets!!!

event.png

Timeline
11 hours ago, MrsnMrsKing315 said:

I sent out her packet on the 5th, it was overnighted. Our PD is the 6th of July. We received our NOA1 on the 14th - just to clarify. 

& I will look into contacting my Senator. 

When I called on Thursday though, the rep had me fill out an inquiry form of some sort that will be sent to the center and they are said to respond within two weeks. 

So by 3/9/17 I should have a response hopefully. This is certainly ridiculous. 

Hmm ok that makes more sense. Don't wait until March 9. Contact your congressman/senator NOW. You have to be proactive as hell with these people. Another thing you could do --- and this goes for everyone --- assuming the USC lives in the US and not with you overseas, the USC can make an InfoPass appointment (in person) with a local USCIS office. That might also help. You have to be up front and in their face guys. I probably sound aggressive, but you should not be sitting back assuming they will process your paperwork in a timely fashion, because they already have exceeded their own ridiculously generous processing time limits. :) just my two cents.

10 hours ago, NBA16 said:

That's insanity. Contact your congressman NOW!!! See above advice...

3 hours ago, cake68 said:

:lol: haha! No voodoo here I promise... Its partly luck (honestly - we got through TSC in like 20 days - no idea why), partly the fact that we could do email/electronic processing at NVC (that shaved off like --8-10 weeks), and partly being super prepared and calling them like 10000000 times..... know the steps in the process, and what is considered "normal," educate yourself VJ is great and also check out the official State Dept websites. 

3 hours ago, MrsnMrsKing315 said:

I wanted to know the same thing when I looked at her timeline as well! lol - giveeeeeeeee us the deets!!!

:lol::no: you guys are making me laugh..... just get really proactive now.... speak up! Get congress involved. Remember it's your right as a US citizen to have your spouse with you, don't get angry, but stick on them! Especially since they've passed normal processing times. 

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, misshepburn said:

:lol: haha! No voodoo here I promise... Its partly luck (honestly - we got through TSC in like 20 days - no idea why), partly the fact that we could do email/electronic processing at NVC (that shaved off like --8-10 weeks), and partly being super prepared and calling them like 10000000 times..... know the steps in the process, and what is considered "normal," educate yourself VJ is great and also check out the official State Dept websites. 

How did you qualify for electronic processing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.