k.dlg

I-751 July 2016 Filers

2,203 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline
16 hours ago, Venice000 said:

Actually I didn't expect to see this good news so early. My noa 1 dated on 7/13/2016 (VSC). Can someone helps me update my status on the forum?

Congrats! This gives me hope since my NOA date is July 11 2016 at VSC. Fingers crossed for an approval sans RFE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 minute ago, hsa12390 said:

Congrats! This gives me hope since my NOA date is July 11 2016 at VSC. Fingers crossed for an approval sans RFE!

I'm sure will have approvals coming soon. Try to check your status online too.:)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Venice000 said:

I'm sure will have approvals coming soon. Try to check your status online too.:)

After I saw that you got approved I actually did go and check my status - hasn't changed since they first got my I-751 last year (at least it wasn't transferred to CSC which appears to have come to a standstill)! Will check again next week :)

So Still nobody knows if is it Ok to file N400 while Remove in Pending??? I just saw opinions and opinions..I am curious if someone filled and everything was Ok

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Yobizkit2004 said:

So Still nobody knows if is it Ok to file N400 while Remove in Pending??? I just saw opinions and opinions..I am curious if someone filled and everything was Ok

A lot of people have done it and it worked out. Search for it on VJ.

Your i751 will be adjudicated before the N400 is approved or worse case adjudicated together.

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Burundi
Timeline
1 hour ago, hsa12390 said:

Hahah! Sans? 

Francais? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Burundi
Timeline
51 minutes ago, hsa12390 said:

Mon mari est francais! Je suis americaine mais francophile :) 

Oh wow ! Francophone aussi mais d'afrique! 

Ton francais a l'air parfait! 

49 minutes ago, Y&i2015 said:

Oh wow ! Francophone aussi mais d'afrique! 

Ton francais a l'air parfait! 

hello 

first time posting here 

i am us citizen born in France

wife from Austria 

waiting like everybody for the green card 

i751 received 07/26/12016

wife got stamped last week

good luck everyone 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, P672 said:

hello 

first time posting here 

i am us citizen born in France

wife from Austria 

waiting like everybody for the green card 

i751 received 07/26/12016

wife got stamped last week

good luck everyone 

Bienvenue et bonne chance! Did you file VSC or CSC?

16 hours ago, nightingalejules said:

I'm totally with you. This process is unbelievably frustrating! 

You should, however, be able to go to visit your family in Japan with the combination of your wife's expired green card and extension letter, which extends her status until the one year anniversary of her green card expiration date. (Of course she'll still need her passport to enter Japan, but the card+letter will allow her to return to the US.) The DMV should also have accepted that as enough to get her a DL/State ID. You need to be patient and willing to explain the situation to some DMV staff calmly - I know it's hard. But she is still a permanent resident and the policy is that she should be able to get all the benefits associated with that, even while her petition for removal of conditions is pending.

I'm sure you've already tried this... but just to be on the safe side, have you attempted to make an appointment just after midnight? That seems to be when they add the new day's worth of appointments, 2 weeks out from the current date. A lot of people have had luck by doing that, with a busy office. Some people have even tried a walk-in and while they haven't been able to just "walk in" they have been able to make an appointment while they're there.

Alternatively, is there anywhere else that your wife could attend a USCIS appointment other than NYC and NJ? If you really need the I-551 stamp to make a trip to Japan, I would do a search for other USCIS offices that you could take a train to from NYC and see if any of them have appointments available. If it means getting to see aging parents again, the trip to a more distant office would be well worth it, in my mind.

Stay strong and good luck. 

Thank you so much for your advice.

I decided to take the Amtrak to Albany. The thought never crossed my mind to go so far, but there were plenty of available times. It's going to cost us $180 to get there, but it'll be worth it. We'll try to do something interesting while we're there.

When you say extension letter, what do you mean? I've heard other people talk about it too, but the last thing I received was the NOA, which the biometrics person stamped and signed. I don't think I've received any mailings since then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, Yobizkit2004 said:

Yes, it's ok.  We just filed N400 while ROC is pending.  It's been accepted.

USCIS / VSC
3/08/2013: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
3/12/2013: NOA1 Issued
3/15/2013: NOA1 Received (VCS)

7/10/2013: Transferred to TCS

7/25/2013: RFE

7/31/2013: RFE Response Received
8/07/2013: NOA2

NVC

8/16/2013: Sent to NVC
8/21/2013: NVC received
8/26/2013: Case number

US Consulate Guangzhou

8/28/2013: P3
9/14/2013: P3 Sent
9/16/2013: P3 received by GUZ

9/24/2013: P4 received via email

10/22/2013: Interview - Approved

10/24/2013: Visa Issued

10/30/2013: Passport available for pickup.

USCIS California

6/17/2016 I-751 Sent

8 hours ago, jyo said:

Thank you so much for your advice.

I decided to take the Amtrak to Albany. The thought never crossed my mind to go so far, but there were plenty of available times. It's going to cost us $180 to get there, but it'll be worth it. We'll try to do something interesting while we're there.

When you say extension letter, what do you mean? I've heard other people talk about it too, but the last thing I received was the NOA, which the biometrics person stamped and signed. I don't think I've received any mailings since then.

You should have gotten 2 letters from USCIS at this point. The first one is the NOA/extension letter, the second is the biometrics appointment letter.

The biometrics letter was just on regular white paper while the NOA was on official USCIS stationery. 

In the NOA/extension letter, they specifically say something along the lines of "this letter extends the validity of your permanent resident card for a year". That's not the exact wording, though.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.