k.dlg

I-751 July 2016 Filers

2,203 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello ALL,

Finally IT OVER,

So I had I751 videotaped interview after denial of N 400 interview last month. me and my spouse arrived at USCIS 30 min early. After security we went to interview line windrow where they checked my N 751 joint appointment letter as well as I showed them last N 400 too. They gave us token number and informed you will be called soon. After 15 mins of wait super friendly young officer called our number and from the starting point to the end she was super talkative and friendly.  She then took us to her office and told us that before you take seat you need to talk oath. After that she turned on the camera and took out my N751 and N 400 big thick files at the same time. Then she goes we will go through both case one by one. She started with what is your wedding date? where was it? how did you meet? when did you decided to get married? why you do not have kids? where do you work? then she asked for any evidence we have for our marital union. we provided with Car insurance,  last 3 years tax return, our Chicago, Texas and India trip tickets, pictures. Bank statements.  She said she can not approve i 751 but she is going to request because her system is down at this time. then she goes now we will start with N 400 I was in impression that she will not take exams for 400 because last month during my official N400 interview date they denied to take my interview because 751 was pending. 

In N400 mostly she went through my form which I sent. She asked all those questions again and then she took writing, reading and history test. She just asked 6 questions in test and she said you got all 6 right so we are done. Officer provided me with form N-652 which says my A number and CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL. She said because we need to stop your new green card process we will not be able to put you in next Oath Ceremony but most probably you will be schedule for last week of June. 

Thanks every one for providing all important info during journey from VISA to N400. 

Edited by Bhagi
typing error

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bhagi said:

We both were there for i 751 Interview. After 751 was over the officer said I am not going to ask your spouse to go out as it will take onlt few minutes for test so my spouse was there next to me while IO took Reading, Writing and history Test.  Today my 751 status was changed online and now it says that "New Card is Being Produced" but IO already informed me that I am not going to received 10 years GC as n400 is approved. 

Thanks every one for providing all important info during journey from VISA to N400. 

Edited by Bhagi

13 hours ago, NC1987 said:

Morning all,

I had my Naturalization interview on April 2nd 2018, of which I was approved. However my I751 is still pending (dating back to July 2016). At the start of the week I received a letter in the mail advising that my application or petition had been transferred to the National Benefits centre for processing. Obviously everything is on a case by case basis, but is there a rule of thumb as to how long each case takes? 

Thanks in advance. 

I have the exact same scenario. Had interview on 21st of April and got letter about the transfer to the NBC On may 5th. Please share your updates will do the same. 

Good luck!!!

On 5/17/2018 at 5:42 AM, NC1987 said:

Morning all,

I had my Naturalization interview on April 2nd 2018, of which I was approved. However my I751 is still pending (dating back to July 2016). At the start of the week I received a letter in the mail advising that my application or petition had been transferred to the National Benefits centre for processing. Obviously everything is on a case by case basis, but is there a rule of thumb as to how long each case takes? 

Thanks in advance. 

Congratulations.....

On 5/17/2018 at 5:29 PM, Bhagi said:

Hello ALL,

Finally IT OVER,

So I had I751 videotaped interview after denial of N 400 interview last month. me and my spouse arrived at USCIS 30 min early. After security we went to interview line windrow where they checked my N 751 joint appointment letter as well as I showed them last N 400 too. They gave us token number and informed you will be called soon. After 15 mins of wait super friendly young officer called our number and from the starting point to the end she was super talkative and friendly.  She then took us to her office and told us that before you take seat you need to talk oath. After that she turned on the camera and took out my N751 and N 400 big thick files at the same time. Then she goes we will go through both case one by one. She started with what is your wedding date? where was it? how did you meet? when did you decided to get married? why you do not have kids? where do you work? then she asked for any evidence we have for our marital union. we provided with Car insurance,  last 3 years tax return, our Chicago, Texas and India trip tickets, pictures. Bank statements.  She said she can not approve i 751 but she is going to request because her system is down at this time. then she goes now we will start with N 400 I was in impression that she will not take exams for 400 because last month during my official N400 interview date they denied to take my interview because 751 was pending. 

In N400 mostly she went through my form which I sent. She asked all those questions again and then she took writing, reading and history test. She just asked 6 questions in test and she said you got all 6 right so we are done. Officer provided me with form N-652 which says my A number and CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL. She said because we need to stop your new green card process we will not be able to put you in next Oath Ceremony but most probably you will be schedule for last week of June. 

Congratulations.....

Hi everyone! Did anyone receive a case status update from USCIS just recently even though your case was approved and card received last year?

I was a July 2016 filer. Case was approved 10/23/2017. I received the physical card a week after that. This morning at 3AM USCIS sent me a text message and an email saying there has been a recent update to my case. I went to uscos.gov and logged in to check what was going on. The update just said “card was delivered to me by the post office- on October 30, 2017, the Post Office delivered your new card for Receipt number WAC162XXXXXXXX, to the address that you gave us...”

The date clearly says 10/30/2017, which is last year. Did it really take them over 6 months to update a case status? Or did they really mail me a new card and just messed up the date in the update? 

Any got the same text/ email/ update?

N-400:

07/19/2019: Applied online

08/07/2019: Biometrics 

01/22/2020: Interview scheduled

02/26/2020: Interview.

02/27/2020: Status changed to Approved. Oath scheduled for 03/18/2020

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon, 

Has anyone had an update on their status for the Removal of Conditions that were transferred in May? I am still waiting for an update. 

1 hour ago, NC1987 said:

Afternoon, 

Has anyone had an update on their status for the Removal of Conditions that were transferred in May? I am still waiting for an update. 

Still waiting too.. :(

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[08/03/16] Package delivered to USCIS (California Service Center)

[08/05/16] NOA (never received, lost in the mail)

[09/15/16] NOA replacement

[10/07/16] Biometrics (early walk-in on 09/27/16)

[05/07/18] Case transferred to NBC

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[07/30/18] APPROVED AT COMBO I-751/N-400 INTERVIEW

N-400 (Naturalization) with pending I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

[07/31/17] Package sent to USCIS (NBC)

[08/07/17] NOA

[08/31/17] Biometrics

[12/20/17] In line for interview

[06/25/18] Interview was scheduled

[07/30/18] Combo I-751/N-400 interview

[08/31/18] NOID received

[09/07/18] NOID response sent back to USCIS

[10/02/18] In line for oath ceremony

[11/13/18] Oath ceremony was scheduled

[12/10/18] Oath! Finally a US Citizen!

Hi im new by the way i just wanned to share u guys that im a csc applicant and i send my petition.  On 07/15/16  I didn’t recive any biometrics appoiment, however i think my application has been approved.... 

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On June 4, 2018, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until December 1, 2018. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by December 1, 2018, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, with fee. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Sorry worng date  

Im from 07/15/17

Hi im new by the way i just wanned to share u guys that im a cscapplicant and i send my petition.  On 07/15/17 I didn’t recive any biometrics or interview, however i think my application has been approved.... 

Application Type: I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE 

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production 

On June 4, 2018, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until December 1, 2018. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by December 1, 2018, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, with fee. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

10 hours ago, NC1987 said:

Afternoon, 

Good evening. Sorry to hear you still waiting, but at least you will be done dealing with immigration soon. Ive done lots of search on this subject, and come to realize that all transfers, to nbc, nsc, tsc etc will be worked on within 2 months from date of transfer. I saw countless cases, never seen any wait longer than 2 months.( unless their case is fishy). If they have combined i 751 and n400 then interview is normally schedulled within 2 months, if they already had the interview then approval should be coming within 2months. I had i 751 interview 12 days before you had yours. And my case was transfered to nbc on may 1st. Its approved today. Normally it's about 25 to 50 days after transfer. Some get it as soon as 2 days. I think you should hear good news 35 to 45 days from the date of you case transfer.good luck

4 hours ago, Novemberfiler said:

Good evening. Sorry to hear you still waiting, but at least you will be done dealing with immigration soon. Ive done lots of search on this subject, and come to realize that all transfers, to nbc, nsc, tsc etc will be worked on within 2 months from date of transfer. I saw countless cases, never seen any wait longer than 2 months.( unless their case is fishy). If they have combined i 751 and n400 then interview is normally schedulled within 2 months, if they already had the interview then approval should be coming within 2months. I had i 751 interview 12 days before you had yours. And my case was transfered to nbc on may 1st. Its approved today. Normally it's about 25 to 50 days after transfer. Some get it as soon as 2 days. I think you should hear good news 35 to 45 days from the date of you case transfer.good luck

Thanks for your information. I have had my N400 interview back in April 2018, so hopefully I hear back soon in regards to the removal and my swearing in ceremony. 

• 3 weeks later...

I ask this question in other forum also. Just want to make sure that I am on correct path.

In N-400, I am going to apply based on 3 years marriage and will plan to leave blank part 9.

After arrival in US that is in 2015, I never left US. That means from last three years I am in US. Before my immigration 2015 I was in my country.

Part 9 : Time Outside the United States section:

Just confirm the answer : 

1.       How many total days (24 hours or longer) did you spend outside the United States during the last 5 years?

Answer: 

2.       How many trips of 24 hours or longer have you taken outside the United States during the last 5 years?

Answer: 

3.       List below all the trips …..

Answer: 

Thanks in advance..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.