Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

June filers are starting getting NOA2 and approvals

Where are you seeing this information EricTasha? All I can see is May 24th filers :/

Fall 2010 - Met at DiWali Indian Festival as grad students
September 2011 - Became coworkers at school
October 2011 - Began our relationship
August 1, 2012 - Relationship became long distance
June 30, 2014 - I moved to New England w/family
July 15, 2015 - Bought a plane ticket for her visit before she left back for China due to expiring OPT
August 31, 2015 - She goes back to China
April 2016 - filed for my US Passport, began preparing I-129F for K-1 Visa Petition
May 2016 - applied for my Chinese Visa
May 23, 2016 - Purchased Ritani engagement ring and plane ticket
June 3, 2016 - Her ring arrived!
June 4, 2016 - Left for China!
June 9, 2016 - Became engaged!
June 22, 2016 - Left China (sadly)
July 21, 2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Overnight w/return receipt)
July 22, 2016 - Arrived at USCIS
July 27, 2016 - Check cashed; received NOA1, sent to California Service Center
August 1, 2016 - Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS
September 9, 2016 - Received online notification of NOA2 from USCIS California Service Center
September 20, 2016 - Received Case Number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Where are you seeing this information EricTasha? All I can see is May 24th filers :/

Barroq&Yuting,

You can see it by going to click on the forum that say "K1 June 2016 filers" They are getting ecstatic on the daily and it makes sense to feel that way after the long wait ?.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I got an update on my case today.

Long story short: the US Post Service Mailed my [NOA1?] back to the USCIS because it was "undeliverable."

I called and a woman answered and helped me immensely. Not sure what it was, but they couldn't mail it back. So I gave her my information, mailing address and all, and she says I should receive it in the mail in 15-30 days. (Hopefully sooner, fingers crossed)

I asked her if she was able to determine whether or not it was the Receipt Notice or an RFE. - she couldn't tell with what she had.

--- If it's a receipt notice, then yay, no negative affect on processing times for my case. If it's an RFE, then that of course delays my case.

Prayers and luck that it's only the NOA1 copy.

I just received the hard copy of my NOA1 :) I'm sure those of you still waiting should be hearing soon. It came 6 days after the text/email.

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Received our NOA1 hard copy!! Not sure on the date it came in the mailbox , because my bf was away for a week.

I'm happy! Now the real stressing wait is starting. Finger crossed for everyone here !!

Received our NOA1 hard copy!! Not sure on the date it came in the mailbox , because my bf was away for a week.

I'm happy! Now the real stressing wait is starting. Finger crossed for everyone here !!

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Timeline

Hey admins this is not my country's flag! Hahah

ROC Journey

Timeline

thanks for changing!

ROC Journey

Timeline

another day waiting and checking on dates, hoping the immigration services will work faster this fiscal year last days, August and September.

NOA1 paper copy has the date in writing, doesn't matter the date you received, which matter it's the date they put it in your NOA1, it's the day your process begins.

Good luck to all of us!

Timeline

another day waiting and checking on dates, hoping the immigration services will work faster this fiscal year last days, August and September.

NOA1 paper copy has the date in writing, doesn't matter the date you received, which matter it's the date they put it in your NOA1, it's the day your process begins.

Good luck to all of us!

Thanks you for this info. Good to know! I didn't know what date to put on the timeline.

ROC Journey

This is kind of a random question but I've been doing a lot of googling to pass the time and came across some information stating that all K1 interviews in Australia are done in Sydney... Most of the forums I see this stated are at least a few years old though and I can't seem to find any concrete information. Maybe some of the other Aussie filers on here can shed some light. Is it still done this way? My partner lives in Perth.... It would be nice to know if he might have to plan a trip to Sydney! (granted our petition is approved of course)

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Someone mentioned that approvals should start speeding up due to the end of the fiscal year... Is there any truth to this or is this just wishful thinking? Yes, I only filed 5 weeks ago, and if the stats are correct and it's taking around 70 days, then I have another 5 weeks to go. Not freaking out, just eager and excited... like everyone else here. ^_^

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

This is kind of a random question but I've been doing a lot of googling to pass the time and came across some information stating that all K1 interviews in Australia are done in Sydney... Most of the forums I see this stated are at least a few years old though and I can't seem to find any concrete information. Maybe some of the other Aussie filers on here can shed some light. Is it still done this way? My partner lives in Perth.... It would be nice to know if he might have to plan a trip to Sydney! (granted our petition is approved of course)

I think you have to go to the consulate you put in your application...which, I was wondering if that can be changed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.