Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

Hey guys - question time.

How are your beneficiary's folks doing these days? I've just learned that my future mother-in-law is rather upset.

I can't say I blame her! I have a daughter (7) and I'd be devastated if she moved to another country, even in adulthood!

My fiancé and I both care about her very much and he - naturally - feels guilty about leaving England. We know his mom wants him to be happy (and as far as I know she doesn't hold any grudge against me - though I'd totally understand if she did, even a teeny one). We know deep down she wants him to be happy but that doesn't ease her own pain, now does it?

I told him the guilt is natural but don't take it personally - we're ALL doing this very thing and there are a lot of moms behind the scenes of VJ are sad to see their sons and daughters go.

It's not personal, it's just the nature of the beast.

So...how is everyone getting on?

Well...I can imagine! For this K1 process, I'm leaving my two kids 9 and 7 in my country, and they will follow me after...it really breaks my heart to have to leave them, but, life is not always made of what we want to do, but what we NEED to do, to have a permanent happiness.

So, concerning your mother-in-law, she'll be fine. It's normal for every mother or parent in general to realize that your baby is an adult now and have to fly by himself and sometimes far away from the parental house. For this case, only time will make her feel better. Your fiancé as well. Only time.

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Well...I can imagine! For this K1 process, I'm leaving my two kids 9 and 7 in my country, and they will follow me after...it really breaks my heart to have to leave them, but, life is not always made of what we want to do, but what we NEED to do, to have a permanent happiness.

So, concerning your mother-in-law, she'll be fine. It's normal for every mother or parent in general to realize that your baby is an adult now and have to fly by himself and sometimes far away from the parental house. For this case, only time will make her feel better. Your fiancé as well. Only time.

Thanks. I just feel really bad for her and wish there were something I could do!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello friends!

So I send in my I 129F on 15 July, 2016. I filled out the G 1145 form so that I could get text and email notifications. So I received the email and text on 21 July, and it said that I should receive the hardcopy NOA1 in the mail within 7 to 10 days. Well it's been 16 days since they have received it in the California service Center and I'm just curious as to why the hardcopy is taking so long to get here.

Is there anyone else with the same problem?

We live in Australia and the postal service can be slow sometimes. if you have gotten your text message and email then you need not worry, it will more than likely be just a letter with some thing of similar to your text . If you have the receipt no. then you can go online and check with your receipt number too, i would set up and account.

Timeline

Hey guys - question time.

How are your beneficiary's folks doing these days? I've just learned that my future mother-in-law is rather upset.

I can't say I blame her! I have a daughter (7) and I'd be devastated if she moved to another country, even in adulthood!

My fiancé and I both care about her very much and he - naturally - feels guilty about leaving England. We know his mom wants him to be happy (and as far as I know she doesn't hold any grudge against me - though I'd totally understand if she did, even a teeny one). We know deep down she wants him to be happy but that doesn't ease her own pain, now does it?

I told him the guilt is natural but don't take it personally - we're ALL doing this very thing and there are a lot of moms behind the scenes of VJ are sad to see their sons and daughters go.

It's not personal, it's just the nature of the beast.

So...how is everyone getting on?

Hi there,

Yeah, we would've been late May or June filers if we didn't have a "processing" period. He planned on moving to the states in general but our relationship expedited the move making the overwhelming task of uprooting a lot more real. Hes close to his mom and grandmother, who he's reasonably going to be sad to be away from. Ultimately, you have to take a leap if you believe in the life you want to have with the person you love. And Its not always easy, as we all know!

I try to offer as much support as possible in keeping his mom and grandmother in the loop of goings on, so they feel included. As long as your partner is on board, you and your little one are happy, you offer an opportunity for her to be included, it should help everyone adjust. Of course, it'll take time to but hopefully she'll appreciate it in the long run.

I hope this helps a little bit. All the best! :)

Hi there,

Yeah, we would've been late May or June filers if we didn't have a "processing" period. He planned on moving to the states in general but our relationship expedited the move making the overwhelming task of uprooting a lot more real. Hes close to his mom and grandmother, who he's reasonably going to be sad to be away from. Ultimately, you have to take a leap if you believe in the life you want to have with the person you love. And Its not always easy, as we all know!

I try to offer as much support as possible in keeping his mom and grandmother in the loop of goings on, so they feel included. As long as your partner is on board, you and your little one are happy, you offer an opportunity for her to be included, it should help everyone adjust. Of course, it'll take time to but hopefully she'll appreciate it in the long run.

I hope this helps a little bit. All the best! :)

I'm just so afraid of hurting her further if we openly talk about it. She's been updated on the process (if there IS anything to say) but I think we're both hesitant to bring it up "too much" to the point it appears he's "overly" anxious to leave.

Which he is....we just don't want her to know that!

She continues to "like" my photos and status updates on Facebook, so I know she doesn't dislike me. It's weird because I have worry that she'll see me as some temptress American succubus who has come for her baby boy! Haha!

But maybe not - ugh. She's known of me since the early 1990's and until the past 1.5 years I've been her "daughter's pen pal."

Eleven years ago I was a "nice girl who came to visit my daughter and....gee...my son sure seemed to get along well with her when she was here...."

Now I'm his fiancé.

His sister, my longtime pen pal, HAS discarded me into the "temptress! succubus!" pile and I haven't spoken to her in nearly a year. A 25-year friendship down the toilet over nothing more than the fact that I am marrying her brother, which he and I initially thought was an OPPORTUNITY for us to finally become "sisters" and our children "cousins" after all these years!

Not so! And we're worried, especially now that Mum's upset about his impending move, that the sister may manipulate her while she's vulnerable.

Sigh....

At any rate, i had a sit down with a city councilman a couple of months ago and told him the whole sordid tale of pen pals, fiancé's, K1 applications and broken friendships...

He said if my fiancé and I didn't write a book about it, then HE will. Haha!

At the end of the day, I totally get Mum. She was a single mom for as long as I have ever been in the picture. I am one now, and I'll be darned if I ever imagine my "baby girl" moving so far away from me! I'd want her to be happy too, but I still have the right to feel bad about it, and so does Mum! So she has a friend in me, and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Timeline

Oh no. ? I'm so sorry to hear that. That's incredibly disappointing about your pen pal - you guys had the dream set-up to be sisters!! Come on, it's t's not some fling, which is why I think it's the best case scenario. It sounds like you're handling it in a really good way. I think not mentioning it too much is the right approach. Funny enough, I was wondering how my fiancé's mum feels about this, precisely if she views me just like you said: as the temptress succubus, haha. I'm seeing her soon so I'll get a better picture.

I have to say, your empathy is refreshing because I'm positive it's not easy. We're also here to lend an ear! I think you should definitely write a book about your experience, as it's remarkable! It sounds like the plot is still progressing and the best is yet to come. All the very best. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

*sigh*

Still no NOA1 Hard Copy in the mail.

Sent I-129f packet July 15, filed on July 18, got email and text receipt, but no hard copy. 30 days seems so long to wait and call ?

It's seems that all of the rest of the July filers on here have already received their hard copies in the mail. What gives?? Haha.

#waiting...

Timeline

*sigh*

Sent I-129f packet July 15, filed on July 18, got email and text receipt, but no hard copy. 30 days seems so long to wait and call ?

It's seems that all of the rest of the July filers on here have already received their hard copies in the mail. What gives?? Haha.

#waiting...

rdelly,

What is your postal service like ? Did you get a receipit number in your text/email ? you can create an account with USCIS and go into the my case section and there it will have all of your details on your current case. We didn't do the form G-1145 so the snail mail took about 17 days to come. I wouldn't worry to much the hard copy is just a paper version of online acknowledgement.

Personally i think it all should be electronic to save the environment , and people should only request paper if they don't have online or phone facilities.

Timeline

rdelly,

What is your postal service like ? Did you get a receipit number in your text/email ? you can create an account with USCIS and go into the my case section and there it will have all of your details on your current case. We didn't do the form G-1145 so the snail mail took about 17 days to come. I wouldn't worry to much the hard copy is just a paper version of online acknowledgement.

Personally i think it all should be electronic to save the environment , and people should only request paper if they don't have online or phone facilities.

Yes, I agree, you have your case number, you can create your USCIS registration and monitor there, you can print your case number from their website, your case is going on, probably your paper copy will come or you ask for it later but the most important, your case number and the date you have, they are working and you know it.

True, the paper NOA1 is important for your archive as a document but it will sit inside of your archive, not really use for it. I would worry if there no paper NOA2 saying approved which it is and important document for any future maybe need. NOA1 is only stating the number, date and the start which also is in electronic version, relax

Tasha

*sigh*

#waiting...

I still have not received the paper copy either so don't worry. I sent my petition July 23. I did log in with the number they gave me in the email and it worked so I guess we just have to keep waiting. At least you know they received it. Good luck!

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

June filers are starting getting NOA2 and approvals

Wow so soon! They really picked up speed then!

Valabum,

That definitely is horrible to hear about your friendship with your pen pal! I am shocked that she isn't super excited for you guys! I wonder if she is thinking deep down that maybe you were trying to get to her brother in the start and maybe that is where all the animosity comes from.... I certainly hope it's not because your story certainly doesn't indicate that it would be that way!

I feel for you about the mum thing. Jon and I are having the same issue with his mum. She has relied on him for most of his life as the only one who has been dropping everything in his life to help her. She is happy for us but I can tell there is some reluctance there because she is afraid Jon will leaver her to her lonesome and without support which I know won't happen!

I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you can rekindle your friendship through the process and hope that she will not try to diminish your relationship with your mum in law!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

*sigh*

#waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

It's weird I sent mine July 25th they received it July 28th got text and email August 1st checked cashed on the 2nd. two days later got my noa1 hardcopy which Friday the 5th.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline

*sigh*

#waiting...

Haven't received anything too, filed on July 27th. So no worry, you're not the only one...#patience

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.