Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,149 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have entered USA Dallas on immigrant visa on 12th Dec 2019 and still waiting for my green card. I am not sure how to check where the GC is pending. I know they say to followup if it is more than 120days but thats too long to wait. I have not followed up as I am not sure which case number to be used while following up. Is it the DOS no or the initial WAC number or the NVC case number?

ANy idea on how to check and if anyone has recently received please let me know how much time it took and how did u check and followup on the same.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Girl-S said:

Hello All,

I have entered USA Dallas on immigrant visa on 12th Dec 2019 and still waiting for my green card. I am not sure how to check where the GC is pending. I know they say to followup if it is more than 120days but thats too long to wait. I have not followed up as I am not sure which case number to be used while following up. Is it the DOS no or the initial WAC number or the NVC case number?

ANy idea on how to check and if anyone has recently received please let me know how much time it took and how did u check and followup on the same.

Thanks

When you pay USCIS Immigrant Fee, you get a receipt number which usually starts with IOE. You can use that receipt number to track your green card status after your arrival to the US.

8 minutes ago, og78 said:

When you pay USCIS Immigrant Fee, you get a receipt number which usually starts with IOE. You can use that receipt number to track your green card status after your arrival to the US.

Thanks. Got it now. Any idea how much time its taking these days? I entered USA on 12th Dec 2018. And if i check my case with receipt number it just says below

December 13, 2019

In Process

USCIS has accepted your application, petition, or request for processing.

Timeline
Just now, Girl-S said:

Any idea how much time its taking these days?

I don't know, trying to find out myself. My wife entered the US on the 19th of November, 2019 and we have the same status as yours, but dated December 11, 2019.

I assume you entered USA on 12th Dec 2019? If it was 2018, you definitely need to contact USCIS.

6 minutes ago, og78 said:

I don't know, trying to find out myself. My wife entered the US on the 19th of November, 2019 and we have the same status as yours, but dated December 11, 2019.

I assume you entered USA on 12th Dec 2019? If it was 2018, you definitely need to contact USCIS.

Sorry yes its 2019* offcourse. So we are in the same boat. Well, best of luck to us

Did you try following up with them on status of green card by any means? I just sent them a followup mail today from my account and lets see not sure if they will reply to it or not...

Edited by Girl-S

Timeline
Just now, Girl-S said:

Did you try following up with them on status of green card by any means? I just sent them a followup mail today from my account and lets see now sure if they will reply to it or not...

I did try contacting USCIS a few weeks ago and they replied that it can take up to 120 days and that I should contact them if we don't receive the card 120 days after arrival.

Timeline

We've been waiting for 90 days. It just says they received the fee. We definitely want my husband's card in hand, but but he's had no problem using his visa within his passport as a green card. He's been able to get a bank account, license, car loan, etc. All my experience with USCIS so far indicates that they will do nothing to help until it's been the proper allotted time, in this case 120 days. 

3 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

We've been waiting for 90 days. It just says they received the fee. We definitely want my husband's card in hand, but but he's had no problem using his visa within his passport as a green card. He's been able to get a bank account, license, car loan, etc. All my experience with USCIS so far indicates that they will do nothing to help until it's been the proper allotted time, in this case 120 days. 

90days is a long time :(

well, I wanted to travel and dont want to go out of USA before getting a GC in hand. So waiting but seems it can get quite longer

My husband's POE-9/7/19

Paid Fee's for Green Card 10/17/19

Was told 120 days

Card is being produced (updated) 1/30

So let's see if this 120 days is correct

On 2/5/2020 at 1:14 PM, msrainyj said:

Thanks. I thought that was the usual wait time for the green card. 

yea its usual but i heard ppl also get GC within 1-2months...anyways my POE is 12th Dec so lets see..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.