Mamabrown3

My Request For A Medical Expedite Denied in Less Than 12Hrs /HELP ME UNDERSTAND :-(

30 posts in this topic

This means your request for expedite service is denied because you didn't provide enough evidence so there fore you will have to wait like everyone else. I'm sorry but patience is a key in this journey. Good luck.

Hi Caykay1,

But I do have medical proof of what I'm saying MRI's, Echo's and blood work and letters.

The part that was added about the 60 days does that mean I can resubmit the request then?

M

Actually no to the officer :no: that means its assigned so depending on there case load it will be looked at. Maybe youll take some time off your wait...

Unfortunatly it cr1 it takes time what you can do is wait till you get the noa2 and then try again to expedite with NVC maybe they are more helpful

And cr1 you have to let the embassy scheduele too so do the expedite again at the NVC time

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Actually no to the officer :no: that means its assigned so depending on there case load it will be looked at. Maybe youll take some time off your wait...

Unfortunatly it cr1 it takes time what you can do is wait till you get the noa2 and then try again to expedite with NVC maybe they are more helpful

Anitafeliz--

Thank you, I think that is a good idea. I would be so happy to just be healthy-- I would wait with a smile on my face. instead I spend most days in pain waiting for my next surgery. :cry:

Sorry to hear i think they also said it was bad in there email. Maybe they put on someones desk that will move it quicker....

Its sad though it gets to DR and unlike the K1 you have to wait so im not sure if you need to expedite only at NVC or at NVC and embassy...most peoplemay not know they need to keep expediting may give you more leway at NVC def in DR.

Buena suerte ???

Did you submit this unables you to care for the baby? And submit possible doctors note stating that fact? Maybe unable to work there fore making also a financial problem to you and then he needs to be here??

If you can appeal appeal to that that u are unable to support your family hense need him and becoming a financial hardship

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Timeline

Fellow VJ's...

I applied for medical expedite and it was denied even before I was allowed to go to my INFOPASS appointment. The first appointment I could get was on the 22nd of June. How can I prove anything, if they denied me before I had a chance? Can someone explain to me the line that says: Your case is currently with an adjudicating officer. (is this good or bad) The second email I got said the same thing, but said I would hear from them in 60 days.

Here is the email I got:

The status of this service request is:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. Therefore, your request for expeditious processing has been denied.

This decision has no effect on the decision of your case. Your case is currently with an adjudicating officer.

What You Can Do

Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the future.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

HERE IS THE SECOND EMAIL:

The status of this service request is:

We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently with an adjudicating officer. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days. Your request for expedite processing is denied.

What You Can Do

Please see the "Online Services" below to check the status of your case in the future.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Ok lets start with "Infopass".-- No one is stopping you from going to the infopass appt on the 22nd. I dont know where you got that idea and furthermore the bit about going to the infopass to bring in proof? Um what? No. Thats not part of the steps of the expedite process you were on.

So lets go back a little bit. You submitted an expedite request through the e service request online Im guessing? You explained your situation and waited and this was the email you got back. If you were approved you wouldve gotten an email stating so, or if you were going to potentially be approved you wouldve been given a fax or email to send your proof to. (there is no going to infopass to bring in proof for something you e requested)

But the email you got says directly we think your situation is serious but its not enough to meet the criteria. You were denied. You can reapply again for an expedite at ANY time (even at the infopass on the 22nd) BUT something has to be different then what you already submitted because remember that was denied. So at any point IF anything changes apply again.

However both emails state your case is with an adjudicating officer. Thats the person that will approve or deny you. So you are not sitting in a big pile anymore waiting for an officer. Your file is on someones desk. Granted its with a bunch others but its there. They are saying give it 60 days for the officer to get to before you complain to them again or ask about it.

I guess the best you can do is hang in there. Your expedite was denied based on your current situation. If anything changes request it again anytime through out the process.

Best of luck to you and your family

So in a way it did expidite it abit.....if an officer was assigned :yes:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Ok lets start with "Infopass".-- No one is stopping you from going to the infopass appt on the 22nd. I dont know where you got that idea and furthermore the bit about going to the infopass to bring in proof? Um what? No. Thats not part of the steps of the expedite process you were on.

So lets go back a little bit. You submitted an expedite request through the e service request online Im guessing? You explained your situation and waited and this was the email you got back. If you were approved you wouldve gotten an email stating so, or if you were going to potentially be approved you wouldve been given a fax or email to send your proof to. (there is no going to infopass to bring in proof for something you e requested)

But the email you got says directly we think your situation is serious but its not enough to meet the criteria. You were denied. You can reapply again for an expedite at ANY time (even at the infopass on the 22nd) BUT something has to be different then what you already submitted because remember that was denied. So at any point IF anything changes apply again.

However both emails state your case is with an adjudicating officer. Thats the person that will approve or deny you. So you are not sitting in a big pile anymore waiting for an officer. Your file is on someones desk. Granted its with a bunch others but its there. They are saying give it 60 days for the officer to get to before you complain to them again or ask about it.

I guess the best you can do is hang in there. Your expedite was denied based on your current situation. If anything changes request it again anytime through out the process.

Best of luck to you and your family

Thank you, for your feedback. I was told by the operator to apply for a infopass appt. I wouldn't have done that had I not been directed to.

I will withdraw my appt.

M

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Okay... I can understand that... not that I agree with them, but is everyone's case with a adjudicating officer or does this mean something?

Yes everybody's case is with adjudicating officer. That's an officer handling the case to either approve it or deny it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

It usually takes about 45 days or so after an adjudicating officer recieves your case. I submitted my wifes I212 on February 15 and went to Nebraska service center, requested for expedite Feb.28,2016.then March 20 arrived at Missouri center and april 15 arrived at San francisco field office and was given to an officer April 22 and waiver approved May 31

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. as 2nd letter states

Since the expediate was denied, i am assuming the additional information she sent now has to be verified and the delay in processing time is for the normal CR 1 case. To me this means the case is going to take a little longer than normal in USCIS office for verification of the facts of the expediate. ???????

It usually takes about 45 days or so after an adjudicating officer recieves your case. I submitted my wifes I212 on February 15 and went to Nebraska service center, requested for expedite Feb.28,2016.then March 20 arrived at Missouri center and april 15 arrived at San francisco field office and was given to an officer April 22 and waiver approved May 31

Thank you, for your insight into your experience. I am grateful for any bit of information.

We have had to perform additional review and this has caused a delay in processing time. as 2nd letter states

Since the expediate was denied, i am assuming the additional information she sent now has to be verified and the delay in processing time is for the normal CR 1 case. To me this means the case is going to take a little longer than normal in USCIS office for verification of the facts of the expediate. ???????

But that's the whole thing... I was never allowed to submit anything. It was denied in 12hrs.

Thank you, for your insight into your experience. I am grateful for any bit of information.

But that's the whole thing... I was never allowed to submit anything. It was denied in 12hrs.

Because your explanation did not warrant an expedite. What proof will change that? They believe you, but the situation is not emergent, as they say.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

If your concern is genuine and verifiable, contact your senator and see if s/he will get involved. This will allow you to state that your request was denied absent the opportunity to submit proof thereof and express the genuine need for the expedite. You can send the senator your paperwork that supports the expedite, s/he can review and assess the legs of your request. If they agree to advocate your request, your opportunity for approval improves immensely. A senator is not going to invest his/her political capital on something they do not believe will be accepted by the embassy.

-RMS

If your concern is genuine and verifiable, contact your senator and see if s/he will get involved. This will allow you to state that your request was denied absent the opportunity to submit proof thereof and express the genuine need for the expedite. You can send the senator your paperwork that supports the expedite, s/he can review and assess the legs of your request. If they agree to advocate your request, your opportunity for approval improves immensely. A senator is not going to invest his/her political capital on something they do not believe will be accepted by the embassy.

You are very right and I in fact did this and my senator's office agree to get involved and I'm working with them directly now.

They have been extremely helpful and prompt in their responses.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Similar topics merged; please do not start multiple threads on the same issue.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.