dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2016

1,474 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hi Sameer143,

Setting up the medical appointment varies for every embassy - some request that you have the actual interview letter in hand OR some just tell you to come without asking for the letter. You can contact the immigration physician in your country to confirm what they require.

In any event, what others have mentioned to you is true....the 6mths validity period to enter the US starts on the date your medical was done. Please bear in mind that the interview can go either way. By this I mean that you can end up getting 221(g) for additional docs and then you check the time it will take you to gather the additional info the embassy may require. Then there's the 221(g) with no docs requested but simply for the DOS to make further determinations on your case. If it comes to the point where your visa approval takes longer than the 6mths, then when they decide to grant the approval you will have to redo a medical :)

I hope I was able to shed some light on this situation for you :thumbs:

Thanks Amadia for detailed information, yes I agree with you.. luckily I called panel physician hospital n I was told panel physician will be on leave so I booked a mid july appointment just incase my interview gets scheduled end of july, over here we have only one panel physician :( I dont want to have an interview letter in my hand but no panel physician availability lol.

And yeah referring to an earlier post of a K1 applicant from Bahrain.. she had her medical 2 weeks before her interview.. but her visa expiry date was 6 months after the visa issue/interview not 6 months after the medical..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/589864-k1-visa-expiration-date-bahrain-us-consulate/

Edited by Sameer143

CR1 Visa (California Service Center)

24 November 2015 ### Sent to USCIS

01 December 2015 ### NOA 1

13 March 2016 ### NOA 2

30 March 2016 ### NVC received case file

10 April 2016 ### Case number assigned

11 April 2016 ### DS-261 Submitted

12 April 2016 ### AOS fee paid

21 April 2016 ### IV fee paid

26 April 2016 ### DS-260 Submitted

15 May 2016 ### Sent AOS & IV Docs to NVC

20 May 2016 ### Documents scanned for review

20 June 2016 ### Case Completed at the NVC

21 July 2016 ### Medical + Vaccinations done

18 Aug 2016 ### Interview Scheduled (Approved)

24 Aug 2016 ### Received Passport with CR1 visa and sealed immigration packet

24 Aug 2016 ### Paid green card fees on USCIS Elis website

10 Sep 2016 ### POE - Washington Dulles Airport

12 Sep 2016 ### Went to apply Social Security Card but was told to come after 4 weeks because now they wait at least 4 weeks because of USCIS might send them notification !

07 Oct 2016 ### Went again to Social security Office and this time they took the application form and processed !

07 Oct 2016 ### Green Card Production started (Status changed in ELIS website) - Now I am pretty much sure after applying SSN green card production starts !!!

17 Oct 2016 ### Received in mail SSN and GC same day :)

============================================================

i-751 Lifting Conditions (Vermont Service Center)

12 Jun 2018 ### i-751 Packet Delivered

22 June 2018 ### Check Cashed

30 Jun 2018 ## Received NOA Letter (Extension of 18 Months)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Can anyone say, that is it possible if I want to do my medical with my interview together in mumbai and not travel back and forth? How long does the hospital take to give my report back and will biometrics be done during the medical or after? I don't want to travel back and forth but take up a 15-20days holiday and do things. Or should I opt for different decision.

Met: Mid 2011

DATING: 4th NOVEMBER 2011 (F) :yes:

Engaged (USA): 30th APRIL 2014

Married( INDIA ): 20th MAY 2015 (L) (L)

VISA PROCESS BEGINS :cry:

USCIS JOURNEY :bonk:

I-130: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

PRIORITY DATE: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

SERVICE CENTER: NEBRASKA

RFE: 15th JANUARY 2016 :crying:

HARDCOPY RECEIVED: 28th JANUARY 2016(one passport size photo of my husband)

RFE SENT: 29th JANUARY 2016

RFE RECEIVED: 1st FEBRUARY 2016

I-130 APPROVED: 18th February 2016 (162days) :dancing:

NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED- 27th FEBRUARY 2016

NVC TIME :clock:

I-130 SENT TO NVC- 29th FEBRUARY 2016

Received Case and Invoice Number- 15th March 2016

SUBMITTED DS-261- 15th March 2016

Visited husband in USA for 2months (22nd March TO 23rd May 2016) on Tourist Visa :goofy:

PAY AOS BILL - 7th APRIL2016

PAY IV BILL - 23rd APRIL 2016

SEND (AOS+IV) PACKAGE - 4th MAY 2016

NVC RECEIVED - 9th MAY 2016

SCAN DATE - 9th MAY 2016 :clock:

CASE COMPLETE - 10th JUNE 2016 :dancing:

NVC CC EMAIL RECEIVED- 17th JUNE 2016

MUMBAI CONSULATE TIME :clock:

The Real Game Begins :shocked:

MEDICAL - 20th JULY 2016

BIOMETRICS - 29th JULY 2016

INTERVIEW - 1st AUGUST 2016

RESULT- APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Visa ISSUED WITHIN 2HRS OF INTERVIEW :jest:

READY FOR PICKUP AT KOLKATA - 3rd AUGUST 2016

VISA COLLECTED - 4th AUGUST 2016

USA TIME :wub:

POE- 15th OCTOBER 2016

SSN- 7th NOVEMBER 2016

GREEN CARD- 30th NOVEMBER 2016

Good morning peeps!!

Congrats to all the approvals!! Those still waiting hang in there!!! :)

What Hell is AP??? Like someone said sometimes I just want to quit!!

We delivered all the documents they asked for in 221(g) (new originally signed I-864as) but the general feeling I got from the Embassy is they do not want to issue the Visas. I've had this feeling from the very beginning.

Unfortunately they can keep you in AP forever and a day if they want which is SO unfair when you have met all their criteria and there are no red flags etc.

We have vested so much (both us and my in laws) into this, that if it doesn't come through, I will lose my family. My husband cannot stay here, he needs urgent medical care in the US and I cannot cope alone with 3 small children. He will probably (for her own good) take our baby daughter with him...and I will be left with our two boys here, alone, broke and broken. I can't stand the thought of living without him. He is my one and it has been the greatest joy to have found him and known him and waking up next to him.

I am just SO low right now. I kept wanting to write here for the last few days but I didn't want to whine. However I do need a little pat on the back I think.

*sigh*

My heart goes out to the couples who are not together, through this hell called immigration. It needs nerves of steels and deep pockets!! (we have spent more than $6000 for 3 people doing this!!!)

I am trying to cling to a story, a word of encouragement, ANYTHING at this point. I am usually a very upbeat person but I also worry because my husband is the opposite of me.. he is like "all will be well" but you know what? If the visa is not granted all will NOT be well. Not in this country. Maybe if he had a job and insurance, yes, but is special needs. He has no job and no insurance :(

I do not want to loose my family but for their own better future I feel like I will or I should.

Sorry to vent, but you are the ONLY ones who can understand this. Again, THANK You for listening (or reading!!) to me.

Crossing fingers and toes this is all over soon with a positive result!!!

Marrienne, you are SO SO close to the end of all these!! Hang in there, you WILL get your approval! Once that happen, you will be able to look back at this entire process and be glad you survived!! Chin up and keep fighting! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Good morning peeps!!

We delivered all the documents they asked for in 221(g) (new originally signed I-864as) but the general feeling I got from the Embassy is they do not want to issue the Visas. I've had this feeling from the very beginning.

Unfortunately they can keep you in AP forever and a day if they want which is SO unfair when you have met all their criteria and there are no red flags etc.

We have vested so much (both us and my in laws) into this, that if it doesn't come through, I will lose my family. My husband cannot stay here, he needs urgent medical care in the US and I cannot cope alone with 3 small children. He will probably (for her own good) take our baby daughter with him...and I will be left with our two boys here, alone, broke and broken. I can't stand the thought of living without him. He is my one and it has been the greatest joy to have found him and known him and waking up next to him.

I am just SO low right now. I kept wanting to write here for the last few days but I didn't want to whine. However I do need a little pat on the back I think.

*sigh*

My heart goes out to the couples who are not together, through this hell called immigration. It needs nerves of steels and deep pockets!! (we have spent more than $6000 for 3 people doing this!!!)

I am trying to cling to a story, a word of encouragement, ANYTHING at this point. I am usually a very upbeat person but I also worry because my husband is the opposite of me.. he is like "all will be well" but you know what? If the visa is not granted all will NOT be well. Not in this country. Maybe if he had a job and insurance, yes, but is special needs. He has no job and no insurance :(

I do not want to loose my family but for their own better future I feel like I will or I should.

Sorry to vent, but you are the ONLY ones who can understand this. Again, THANK You for listening (or reading!!) to me.

Hello,

I am so sorry to read all that you are going through. I am also in AP for joint sponsor. My story is not as hard as yours, but i want to tell you that God is Good. He is so great that he doesn't give us more than we can bear. Call to him please, get on your knees and ask God to help you to deal with all of it. I am not even here to talk to you about my problems but simply here to give you some encouragement and to ask you to continue to pray. Don't lose hope.

Yes this process gets the best of us but please don't let it make you lose sight of whats important and that's being strong. You have to stay strong for your family. You will get your visa in Jesus name. I will pray for you and will be looking forward to see your approved. God bless

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

So I got my passport and i have an annotation 212(g)(2)(b) - this is for exception on my vaccination record. I am not sure how would this be when i reach POE.

You'll be arriving 2 days before my husband. Tell me how the Immigrate POE is. I went through May 22 and was in line like 30 minutes. We had to sit on plane cuz we landed too early and immigration doesn't open till 5am. Like goodness.

Oh Yes, I will be arriving in IAH on June 25. my flights around 7pm. I am hoping to have a speedy one.

Good morning everyone I am finally in the U.S.A. with my wife and I am so happy. I have something that has been worrying me though my wife says I shouldn't worry. I left from Jamaica to Boston but had a layover in New York so my POE would have been in New York correct? When I landed in New York I got off the plane and stopped at immigration line just like everyone else. The lady instructed me to go to the visitors section even though I said I was an immigrant and the Customs officer only asked me for the package and the address I was staying took my finger prints and picture and stamped a small approved stamp in the passport and said welcome to America. When I landed in Boston I didn't have to do anything I just got of the plane and collected my bags. So is that it for the POE? Was I supposed to do something else because I read that some people waited for an hour or longer with immigration so I am worried I may have missed something

The is awesome, you are the luckiest person!!!

That's great. Don't you worry, immigration you crossed in new york was your POE and you should be happy, it was hell smooth.

Cheers.

Can anyone say, that is it possible if I want to do my medical with my interview together in mumbai and not travel back and forth? How long does the hospital take to give my report back and will biometrics be done during the medical or after? I don't want to travel back and forth but take up a 15-20days holiday and do things. Or should I opt for different decision.

you should get done with your medical exam at least a week before your interview.

If i have understood you right, upon receiving your interview appointment letter. you should schedule an appointment with listed physician.

I am not sure if they will give your medical sealed envelops to you or will they send them directly to the embassy. but either way it does take time.

Furthermore, biometrics are not to be done along with your medical exams. in most cases biometrics are done within the embassy on the day of interview. in some cases (if you are one of them) you will receive information with your appointment letter, as to where you will have to go for biometrics.

USCIS Stage

2015-08-28: I-130 petition sent to Chicago Lockbox:

2015-09-02: I-130 petition received (NOA 1) (Nebraska Service Center)

2016-01-25: I-130 petition approved: --> 145 days after NOA 1

2016-01-29: NOA 2 hardcopy received

2016-01-26: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

2016-01-27: NVC Received

2016-02-01: (called NVC) Case received, Case# and IIN generated

2016-02-01: Submit DS-261

2016-02-11: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2016-02-12: Pay AOS Bill :

2016-02-12: Send AOS Package :

2016-02-12: Receive IV Bill

2016-02-12: Pay IV Bill

2016-03-02: Send IV Package

2016-03-30: Case Completed at NVC

2016-05-06: Request expdite

2016-05-09: Expedite request granted

2016-05-15: Left NVC

Embassy Stage

2016-05-28: Consulate Received

2016-06-09: Packet 4 Received

2016-06-09: Interview scheduled (June 29, 2016)

2016-06-12: Requested expedite for interview and granted (date changed to June 20, 2016)

2016-06-14: Medical Examination (Dubai)

2016-06-20: Interview @ Abu DHabi Embassy

2016-06-20: Interview Result: APPROVED :dancing:

2016-06-20: CEAC status from "Ready" to "AP" (within one hour after interview)

2016-06-21:CEAC status from "AP" to "Issued"

2016-06-22: Notification received (passport dispatched)

2016-06-23: Visa in hand

2016-06-23: Immigration fee paid

2016-06-25: POE (Houston)

ROC i751

2018-06-20: Filed i751 ROC
2018-06-26: NOA Date
2018-09-10: Received 18-month extension letter.
2019-03-25: Biometrics done

Waiting for interview/approval...............................

N400

2019-03-29: Filed Online
2019-03-30: NOA Date
2019-04-28: Biometrics done

Good morning peeps!!

*sigh*

So sorry to hear about it, I pretty much had medical condition to deal with.

If what you said above it the case. you should be emailing embassy at earliest and requesting and expedite. I am some what sure you will be granted.

Make sure you have some document to prove the medical condition.

Furthermore, if you are granted, you might be called again or get approved.

GOOD LUCK!!!

USCIS Stage

2015-08-28: I-130 petition sent to Chicago Lockbox:

2015-09-02: I-130 petition received (NOA 1) (Nebraska Service Center)

2016-01-25: I-130 petition approved: --> 145 days after NOA 1

2016-01-29: NOA 2 hardcopy received

2016-01-26: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

2016-01-27: NVC Received

2016-02-01: (called NVC) Case received, Case# and IIN generated

2016-02-01: Submit DS-261

2016-02-11: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2016-02-12: Pay AOS Bill :

2016-02-12: Send AOS Package :

2016-02-12: Receive IV Bill

2016-02-12: Pay IV Bill

2016-03-02: Send IV Package

2016-03-30: Case Completed at NVC

2016-05-06: Request expdite

2016-05-09: Expedite request granted

2016-05-15: Left NVC

Embassy Stage

2016-05-28: Consulate Received

2016-06-09: Packet 4 Received

2016-06-09: Interview scheduled (June 29, 2016)

2016-06-12: Requested expedite for interview and granted (date changed to June 20, 2016)

2016-06-14: Medical Examination (Dubai)

2016-06-20: Interview @ Abu DHabi Embassy

2016-06-20: Interview Result: APPROVED :dancing:

2016-06-20: CEAC status from "Ready" to "AP" (within one hour after interview)

2016-06-21:CEAC status from "AP" to "Issued"

2016-06-22: Notification received (passport dispatched)

2016-06-23: Visa in hand

2016-06-23: Immigration fee paid

2016-06-25: POE (Houston)

ROC i751

2018-06-20: Filed i751 ROC
2018-06-26: NOA Date
2018-09-10: Received 18-month extension letter.
2019-03-25: Biometrics done

N400

2019-03-29: Filed Online
2019-03-30: NOA Date
2019-04-28: Biometrics done

Timeline

You should get done with your medical exam at least a week before your interview.

If i have understood you right, upon receiving your interview appointment letter. you should schedule an appointment with listed physician.

I am not sure if they will give your medical sealed envelops to you or will they send them directly to the embassy. but either way it does take time.

Furthermore, biometrics are not to be done along with your medical exams. in most cases biometrics are done within the embassy on the day of interview. in some cases (if you are one of them) you will receive information with your appointment letter, as to where you will have to go for biometrics.

Well then i guess i have to wait for the interview letter. No idea if they send to embassy or give to me mayb I will come to know from somebody. Thanks alot!

Visited husband in USA for 2months (22nd March TO 23rd May 2016) on Tourist Visa :goofy:

MEDICAL - 20th JULY 2016

RESULT- APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Visa ISSUED WITHIN 2HRS OF INTERVIEW :jest:

POE- 15th OCTOBER 2016

SSN- 7th NOVEMBER 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Well then i guess i have to wait for the interview letter. No idea if they send to embassy or give to me mayb I will come to know from somebody. Thanks alot!

Not sure if this will help, but here in Greece they did NOT want to see the letter from the Embassy or anything. They just arranged the medical when I called them. The Embassy re-scheduled the interview so I had to go get my results and hand carry the envelope to the Embassy on the day of the interview.

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Not sure if this will help, but here in Greece they did NOT want to see the letter from the Embassy or anything. They just arranged the medical when I called them. The Embassy re-scheduled the interview so I had to go get my results and hand carry the envelope to the Embassy on the day of the interview.

Thank you Marrienne. But I guess here I need the interview letter for the medical. Think should wait and then call them for my tests.

For you I don't know what to say. Will pray that hopefully everything work out for you nicely and fast. This whole process is an exam to me by humans. So have faith in God, he will take you out of all miseries and show you the light ? And keep on contacting embassy i guess. All the very best ? But I read somewhere you should give the embassy 60-90 days time I'm not sure at all. But all will be done before ? that.

Edited by Gargalmon22

MEDICAL - 20th JULY 2016

POE- 15th OCTOBER 2016

SSN- 7th NOVEMBER 2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations on all the good news. So happy for yu all. All those that have interview dates, I wish you all APPROVED. GOODLUCK

Please, for all those that went for CR1, what other evidences did you take along besides the stated evidences? Urgent response please

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are approved! :goofy: The interviewer said it might take a couple extra days to get my passport back though because this is a long weekend in Quebec and next week they take both Canada Day and Independence Day.

Congratulations on all the good news. So happy for yu all. All those that have interview dates, I wish you all APPROVED. GOODLUCK
Please, for all those that went for CR1, what other evidences did you take along besides the stated evidences? Urgent response please

We brought some wedding photos of us with each others' families, our families mingling, etc. as well as some paperwork showing some new joint accounts we'd opened while the process was ongoing and the lease for the apartment in the US in both our names. The interviewer didn't ask to see anything extra, but having it along with us just in case was nice. If you're really worried, something like those probably wouldn't go astray.

6/23 - Approved!

Now to hope Canada Post doesn't strike before my passport arrives from the consulate :unsure:

Timeline

We are approved! :goofy: The interviewer said it might take a couple extra days to get my passport back though because this is a long weekend in Quebec and next week they take both Canada Day and Independence Day.

We brought some wedding photos of us with each others' families, our families mingling, etc. as well as some paperwork showing some new joint accounts we'd opened while the process was ongoing and the lease for the apartment in the US in both our names. The interviewer didn't ask to see anything extra, but having it along with us just in case was nice. If you're really worried, something like those probably wouldn't go astray.

Congratulations!

Did you use email processing during NVC?

Timeline

We did, yes. It's much faster than mailing all the paperwork in but be prepared when you go to the interview. They will want hard copies of everything you emailed them, and will need to see your original birth certificate, marriage certificate, and police certificate (this one they keep).

edit: oh, I guess they'd also want originals of divorce papers, adoption papers, or court records if any of that applies in your case. It didn't for us so I can't say with certainty. Bring all your originals anyway!

Edited by Hawthorn

6/23 - Approved!

Now to hope Canada Post doesn't strike before my passport arrives from the consulate :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

We sent in the paperwork requested on the 221g on the 20th. Checked today and it looks like they touched our case. Really hope we find out soon the final answer.

16 months since I have visited him, not sure I can handle much longer

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.