Dramer

Dv lottery visa Denial based on misplaced photos

93 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I just imagine a person uploading photos, one called IMG_209595 and another IMG_209596 and they pick the wrong one. I hope that at least they have a page to confirm that it is the right person with a chance to fix it before submission. If that page went by and someone clicked confirm when it was wrong, I don't know what to say. But still too strict.

Harpa, actually they do. There is a Photo Validation that checks to make sure your picture meets the dimensions required. At, that stage, OP or the applicant should see the photo itself. I believe, OP may not have checked the information to make sure the ID# and the photo were for the same applicant.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Other Country: Sudan
Timeline

212(a)(5) Labor certification and qualifications for certain immigrants.-

(A) Labor certification.-

(i) In general.-Any alien who seeks to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor is inadmissible, unless the Secretary of Labor has determined and certified to the Secretary of State and the Attorney General that-

(I) there are not sufficient workers who are able, willing, qualified (or equally qualified in the case of an alien described in clause (ii)) and available at the time of application for a visa and admission to the United States and at the place where the alien is to perform such skilled or unskilled labor, and

(II) the employment of such alien will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of workers in the United States similarly employed.

(ii) Certain aliens subject to special rule.-For purposes of clause (i)(I), an alien described in this clause is an alien who-

(I) is a member of the teaching profession, or

(II) has exceptional ability in the sciences or the arts.

(iii) PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES-

(I) In general.-A certification made under clause (i) with respect to a professional athlete shall remain valid with respect to the athlete after the athlete changes employer, if the new employer is a team in the same sport as the team which employed the athlete when the athlete first applied for certification.

(II) Definition.-For purposes of subclause (I), the term "professional athlete" means an individual who is employed as an athlete by-

(aa) a team that is a member of an association of 6 or more professional sports teams whose total combined revenues exceed $10,000,000 per year, if the association governs the conduct of its members and regulates the contests and exhibitions in which its member teams regularly engage; or

(bb) any minor league team that is affiliated with such an association.

(iv) LONG DELAYED ADJUSTMENT APPLICANTS- A certification made under clause (i) with respect to an individual whose petition is covered by section 204(j) shall remain valid with respect to a new job accepted by the individual after the individual changes jobs or employers if the new job is in the same or a similar occupational classification as the job for which the certification was issued.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Certain visa categories require Labour Certification.

DV is not one of them so no.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

They often use that category as a catch all for DV refusals even though it doesn't apply specifically to DV. Anyway good luck with the lawyer, hopefully he gets somewhere - unlikely to be on a technical basis as they can just change the refusal category to the correct one - but he will hopefully be able to convince someone it was an honest mistake and that they can make allowance for it.

Filed: Other Country: Sudan
Timeline

fam.gov.state

b) Photos: Photo specifications are detailed in the annual Diversity Visa (DV) Bulletin and also posted at the Departments travel.state.gov‟ website. The Department will disqualify entries lacking the required photos or including invalid photos. You must review the entry photo at the time of adjudication. If you determine that the photo on the entry is not that of the applicant, you may pursue a refusal under INA 212(a)(6)©. Otherwise, refuse the applicant under INA 212(a)(5)(A). The entry photograph may be viewed through the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) under the Immigrant & Diversity section, DVIS Applicant report or on the eDV button on the Immigrant Visa Overseas system.

Timeline

Exactly

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Sounds like a scammy lawyer.

How come i presented somebody else ???as i said i mismatched the mother and daughter photos ...

You do realize the only person who has told you you have a chance is the lawyer, who gets his money regardless of the fact that your lawsuit will fail before it's even off the ground. We realize you are sad and desperate. So does the lawyer, who will just make you sadder and poorer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.