Dramer

Dv lottery visa Denial based on misplaced photos

93 posts in this topic

I've seen people win the DV in back to back years. So maybe there will be another chance. Good luck to you.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

thabks Jan

all wut u said makes sense...

but where is the fraud or concealing multiple dv entries when you mismatch a 2 2 yrs and 9 month child with a woman who is 35 years

i mean 2 years and 9 months old child

It could be viewed as an attempt to circumvent facial recognition on the 35 year old, hoping that the child's features would not match an adult who had an issue.

It could be viewed as an attempt to circumvent facial recognition on the 35 year old, hoping that the child's features would not match an adult who had an issue.

Thanks for this, jan. I was wondering.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

That is probably catch-all for visa denial. It is used for all sorts of issues.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Yes, it is a generic denial. Don't worry about the code. I have seen that before.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

• 1 month later...

You may want to ask for the consulate post to submit your case for an advisory opinion to the Advisory Opinions Divisions. This applies for cases where the officer believes the case merits issuance despite failure to comply with requirements See 9 FAM 42.33 N6.6

Somewhere in the many pages of either this or the parallel thread on the other forum he mentioned that the CO did get a legal in house opinion before denying - the denial did not happen immediately after the interview - so I'm guessing this step has already been taken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.