dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2016

1,620 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wouldn't it be odd if we never heard of the interview date?? Maybe we're just overreacting. I haven't even got confirmation letter yet. Lol!!

Yes it would be odd but many things with this process can be deemed odd, right? I knew of my interview date before I got the confirmation letter, as does most because we call, LOL...

Nonetheless....

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/foreign-state-chargeability

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/223442-foreign-state-of-chargeability/

Although this explains what it is, it does not explain it being visible to some and not others..so as someone stated, maybe it is an update to their system.

Edited by shsl73

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Yes it would be odd but many things with this process can be deemed odd, right? I knew of my interview date before I got the confirmation letter, as does most because we call, LOL...

Nonetheless....

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/glossary/foreign-state-chargeability

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/223442-foreign-state-of-chargeability/

You're right. Lol what's your scan date?? And when did you get the interview date??

hello guys,

I don't see the new web page update like everybody else in here and its making me nervous :wow::crying: Does that mean my husband wont get a interview date in June? :cry::cry:

Our case was completed on April 8th.

Timeline

You're right. Lol what's your scan date?? And when did you get the interview date??

Scan date - 12/31/15

Case Complete date - 2/4/16

Interview date (by calling) - 3/28/16

P4 Letter rec'd (via e-mail) - 3/30/16

Interview date - 5/25/16

Timeline

hello guys,

I don't see the new web page update like everybody else in here and its making me nervous :wow::crying: Does that mean my husband wont get a interview date in June? :cry::cry:

Awww...no!!! It does not mean that in any way, shape, form or fashion. I don't see it on our summary and we have a interview date. I don't believe one thing has to do with the other. Please don't stress yourself...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Scan date - 12/31/15

Case Complete date - 2/4/16

Interview date (by calling) - 3/28/16

P4 Letter rec'd (via e-mail) - 3/30/16

Interview date - 5/25/16

It's coming up soon!! Good luck! I'm still debating if I should call and ask about the interview date. Lol

hello guys,

Don't worry. I bet it's a system update.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I called NVC the agent did give me the 30-45 days thing. She only said wait a little more for interview. I don't know what that means. Well, guys lets wait till the middle of the week to see what happens.

Good luck to everyone

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am looking for some assistance with my wife's case. She has an interview scheduled on 04/27/2016 in Islamabad, Pakistan. I am curious to know how long after the interview does she get her passport sent back to her? I was born in the US, does that make a difference? I am trying to book their flight as quickly as possible after the interview, as I plan on doing a wedding reception here in the states. Is there any way to expedite the process for the passport with visa being sent. I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I barely use this forum, and I am a little confused on how to navigate through here. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

I wouldn't book anything till she has it in her hands. You just have to wait for it to say issued and I'm pretty sure there is no expedite for that.

Edited by FarrahIdir

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Timeline

hello guys,

From the reading, I believe that this is mainly applicable in cases for the visa types that are issued base on the visa bulletin and is more than likely a "systematic/programmatic" change/update that they are doing to the website..if that is the case, not sure why it wouldn't affect everyone's field in the system but I'm sure that there is a logical explanation. Like before, I never had to enter the "verification" code thing until recently. Things are often changing in the world of technology..so I wouldn't stress over it for sure.

It would be nice though if they would put some kind of disclaimer/site update notification out there when they have made some type of modification to the site..just to let people know.

Whoo hoo! Our case has arrived at the embassy in Accra...counting down the days

:dancing::dancing: :joy:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I am looking for some assistance with my wife's case. She has an interview scheduled on 04/27/2016 in Islamabad, Pakistan. I am curious to know how long after the interview does she get her passport sent back to her? I was born in the US, does that make a difference? I am trying to book their flight as quickly as possible after the interview, as I plan on doing a wedding reception here in the states. Is there any way to expedite the process for the passport with visa being sent. I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I barely use this forum, and I am a little confused on how to navigate through here. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Hey. I was born in the states as well so it does not make a difference. My wife had her interview in Islamabad on April 7th and they approved her. They told her to wait 3-4 weeks and she will receive her passport. Then I researched it on VJ about the wait and normally it's taking somewhere from 5-7 weeks before the passport is in hand IF Approved. I am waiting to book a flight as well but I wouldn't do it until the passport is in hand. I suggest you prepare yourself to wait until June for her passport and after that inshAllah she will be here in the states.

My wife's interview was today. Took a little time (they had additional questions before her interview, and took her longer to get to the interview), but told her she was approved and to expect her Passport back in a week :D

Congrats to you and your wife!!! :dance:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wouldn't book anything till she has it in her hands. You just have to wait for it to say issued and I'm pretty sure there is no expedite for that.

hi,

I would suggest not to book tickets until the visa is on hand. Its not necessary that you would get the visa right away. At Islamabad embassy they do background checks sometimes on females as well and those can take time.

Hope that helps.

N-400 Time

Timeline

Just checked the CEAC website and my case is now at Kingston. Nerves are setting in. So close to being with my soulmate for good. Tomorrow will make it exactly 3 weeks before my interview. Also would like to take the time to congratulate everyone who received their interview dates, and for those still waiting,hang in there, we are all here for you and rooting for you. Congratulations to all who got approved.It makes me happy to see just about every single person getting approved and reading stories of being reunited with their loved one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi, I'm having my interview in Paris on the 25th of May and people been saying the the passport comes back after 7-10 days after approval. I thought it was the same for every embassy ?

Hope you'll get approve and get your passport asap.

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude....My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.