atmaji108

K1 Visa denided on the interview.

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is once again inappropriate behavior by a CO I mean facts are facts If you are not legally married they cannot say that you are and deny for that reason-- What were the pics? What else were they asking?

This is once again inappropriate behavior by a CO I mean facts are facts If you are not legally married they cannot say that you are and deny for that reason-- What were the pics? What else were they asking?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

No, you're wrong. They have every right to deny someone they suspect are wrongfully using the K1 to come to America. They believe the couple is already married due to pictures showing what they suspect is a wedding. It is not an inappropriate behavior. It is a correct call due to the evidence provided.

Timeline

And sorry maybe you have mis understood- they may have meant "come back when you are married" to prove the relations are Nina fide. Same like they told my fiancée.... I would get a good lawyer immediately. Good luck. Dm me. We are going for round two in New Delhi soon and I'm going to be there

Sorry- bona fide...

Timeline

And sorry maybe you have mis understood- they may have meant "come back when you are married" to prove the relations are Nina fide. Same like they told my fiancée.... I would get a good lawyer immediately. Good luck. Dm me. We are going for round two in New Delhi soon and I'm going to be there

Sorry- bona fide...

No, I think you misunderstood. The person at the embassy don't doubt their relationship. They think the couple is MARRIED and trying to come on a visa that is for ENGAGED couples.

Timeline

Of course they can deny- but if they aren't legally married they can't say they are. Lucky for you Sweden isn't New Delhi

Again a good immigration attorney is the person to talk to really

Timeline

Of course they can deny- but if they aren't legally married they can't say they are. Lucky for you Sweden isn't New Delhi

Again a good immigration attorney is the person to talk to really

You clearly haven't been here long :) Do a search and you will see this is pretty common.

Timeline

Sorry yes I've been here a while and on my second k1 petition same embassy. I understand everything and have been through this and still going through it. Glad you have all the answers!! We should all direct them to you since you are the expert! sonthank you. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry to hear this. Really, I am. It sucks.

I do not blame you for taking a pillow, throwing it at a stuffed teddy bear, and cooking a pizza and watch some sci-fi.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yajna during weddings[edit]

A Vedic Yajna plays a central role in Hindu weddings.

Agni and yajna play a central role in Hindu weddings. Various mutual promises between the bride and groom are made in front of the fire, and the marriage is completed by actual or symbolic walk around the fire. The wedding ritual of Panigrahana, for example, is the 'holding the hand' ritual[26] as a symbol of their impending marital union, and the groom announcing his acceptance of responsibility to four deities: Bhaga signifying wealth, Aryama signifying heavens/milky way, Savita signifying radiance/new beginning, and Purandhi signifying wisdom. The groom faces west, while the bride sits in front of him with her face to the east, he holds her hand while the Rig vedic mantra is recited in the presence of fire.[4][27]

The Saptapadi (Sanskrit for seven steps/feet), is the most important ritual in Hindu weddings, and represents the legal part of Hindu marriage.[28] The couple getting married walk around the Holy Fire (Agni), and the yajna fire is considered a witness to the vows they make to each other.[29] In some regions, a piece of clothing or sashes worn by the bride and groom are tied together for this ceremony. Each circuit around the fire is led by either the bride or the groom, varying by community and region. Usually, the bride leads the groom in the first circuit. The first six circuits are led by the bride, and the final one by the groom.[30] With each circuit, the couple makes a specific vow to establish some aspect of a happy relationship and household for each other. The fire altar or the Yajna Kunda is square.

Understandable

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

IMO the case file will take sometime to be sent back to NVC so in the meantime contact your congressman or senator asap and try to explain them the situation and if you get lucky and get a second interview then bring notarized affidavits from your family and his family that you guys are not married or any other proof.Any ways you will have to get married and wait another year for CR1 then why not take a chance.CONTACT your senator or congressman and get him or her involved asap.

Timeline

Sorry yes I've been here a while and on my second k1 petition same embassy. I understand everything and have been through this and still going through it. Glad you have all the answers!! We should all direct them to you since you are the expert! sonthank you. Enjoy the rest of your day.

So you were suspected of already being married? Because that's what the OP is going through.

Or not having a bona fide relationship? Because that is what you seem to think the OP is going through.

And as a response to another reply you made to me in reference to me being from Sweden. I am not going to apologize for being from a country where my fellow Swedes haven't messed up visa's for everyone else buy committing visa fraud. And I'm pretty tired of hearing that from people just because they got their K1 denied and I didn't.

Good luck on your journey.

Timeline

IMO the case file will take sometime to be sent back to NVC so in the meantime contact your congressman or senator asap and try to explain them the situation and if you get lucky and get a second interview then bring notarized affidavits from your family and his family that you guys are not married or any other proof.Any ways you will have to get married and wait another year for CR1 then why not take a chance.CONTACT your senator or congressman and get him or her involved asap.

According to the OP her case file has already been sent back so if that's true then marriage is now the only option.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

there is no petition to cancel,it has been denied

wrong advice. There is absolutely NOTHING an attorney or anyone else can do. And I mean NOTHING. It would be a waste of money and time and only put you further back as far as waiting.

I agree with mimolicious, a lawyer can do nothing, and has no authority over USCIS. You yourself can contact embassy and request another interview.

Just marry and file a new petition. Fighting a dead petition is worthless and waste of time.

Best Wishes

Edited by ParisHeart

AOS in the USA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Why are people nopt being sympathetic to their situation? After spending so much money, time and effort, imagine how frustrating it must be? Yeah maybe the CO had a right to deny if they were suspicious, but for a minute it is nice to put each other in the other person's shoes.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.