worriedgirl1

PLEASE HELP, MOM VISA REFUSED- WHAT TO DO NEXT (merged)

45 posts in this topic

How can a visa be refused that there has not been an interview for? You also need to find out why before anyone can help you figure out what was wrong.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

are you sure it was denied and not maybe there is something missing

she hasn't been denied until the interview

Edited by aleful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree with the others. Go to the appointment as if it is an interview, bring all the forms and evidence etc.

It is possible someone pushed the wrong button.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

She had her first interview and was sent back to get more documents. So this is the second interview coming up, nvc said refusal letter was prepared.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

NVC doesn't have the case right now and would know nothing about it, I think you missunderstood.

What documents did they want? Do you have all the documents they asked for now?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

My mom was returned at the border because she was traveling with my minor sister who had previously overstayed. They cancelled my mom's visa because they couldn't return my sister by herself. The petition is only for my mother and the consulate asked to see my sister's passport and as soon they received it the status changed to refused.

Timeline

you guys are giving me a little bit of hope that even though it says refused the consulate may still ask to see more docs or give us a chance to address his concerns. I just thought they usually call you in to give the refual letter and dont even talk to us. Oh lord, how I wish things werent this difficult..

Okay can you give us a timeline of what happened? Did your mom already have her immigrant visa interview or was her tourist visa cancelled?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Mom had 10 yr visa was and it got cancelled and she returned at the border in 2013.

I petitioned for her, she got approved and first interview was on feb 3rd. Consulate asked why she was returned at the border, didnt seem to believe her. Sent her with orange sheet and told her to bring more docs.

Brought new police certificate and list of entries and exits to USA as requested for both my mom and sister.

Consulate asked more details of sister's stay and whether she went to public school etc. Sent letter explaining yes.

Consulate requested to see my sister's passport, it had just gotten renewed. So maybe he thinks my mom is trying to bring her again? i dont know.

She got a call asking her to come in again and the status was changed to REFUSED.

I plan on going into the second appointment with her, i dont know if he will even talk to us.

Timeline

Really??! i would assume he would have asked for the documents through emails and calls as he had been. Do you think there is a chance that refused can be changed after the interview?

Your sister cannot immigrate to the USA at this time. Im unsure why you petitioned for your mother knowing your sister cannot accompany her. Your sister, as a minor, cannot accumulate overstay, she simply does not have a valid immigrant visa.

Even if your mother has an immigrant visa, your sister cannot move as well.

Now an immigrant visa is not a 10 year visa. The green card upon entry would be a 10 year green card but the visa itself only works once. Do you mean her tourist visa was cancelled or her immigrant visa? Shes already had 2 interviews and now is going for a 3rd?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If your sister attended public school there is a bill that needs to be cleared. That is normally assigned to your sister, but they may be assigning it to your mother. How long did she attend school ? A year in public school is about a 16k bill

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

However if your sister went to public school as a tourist, that is a big no-no and your mom will continue to be denied. Public taxes pay for public schools. School isn't actually free; the building and grounds need to be maintained, the teachers and workers paid, the lights kept on. All of that is paid with our taxes so a tourist, who does not pay taxes, isn't actually entitled to use those facilities. A private school likely would have been fine.

I agree that the bill for your sister's schooling will need to be paid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.