concernedesta

What to include in letter from employer for VWP ESTA trip

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I have read that a letter from an employer is sometimes needed at the border in the US to prove intent to return back to the UK after your trip. I do a voluntary job and my co-ordinator has agreed to write a letter for me stating when i am due back but we are both unsure as to what information needs to be included? and would a letter for a voluntary job be of any use anyway? Any help would be appreciated.

It would be of no use as you are not under a legally binding contract to turn up for work there. It's just a hobby.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I

am on state benefits and medication.

Looong thread covering same area.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

How do you finance these long trips if all you do is unpaid voluntary work?

That is what they may ask you.

In previous posts, OP has said she had "saved" money from the welfare benefits she is given.

I would think the DWP would be interested in this work and the amount of time spent out of the country too.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Man, that's it, I'm moving to the UK and find a life style/job that affords me 4-6 months holiday a year!

You again?

If I remember correctly you said you could not work before because of an illness/disability.

If you are able to volunteer I would suggest trying to get an actual contracted job and also stop visiting the US so often.

But I mean everyone told you this last time and you clearly did not listen so I don't really know why you bothered asking us again..

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Why are you so desperate to visit the US again? You said the guy you were seeing wasn't a boyfriend so why not go on vacation somewhere else in the world? If you have the means to travel see something new! Go somewhere that won't give you issues trying to enter!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Why are you so desperate to visit the US again? You said the guy you were seeing wasn't a boyfriend so why not go on vacation somewhere else in the world? If you have the means to travel see something new! Go somewhere that won't give you issues trying to enter!

You must have missed the post where the OP, admitted that she was in a sexual relationship with the guy she wants to visit. I know it was a long drawn out thread, easy to overlook.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes my bad! I didn't read that part. I think I gave up on that thread before that confession came out. I only remember op denying any relationship

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Timeline

ever changing stories.....first, supposedly she was on some UK medical dole; unable to work; and now....what a miracle...now doing 'volunteer' work that is so well compensated (!!??) that she can take yet another trip to the US, while being so medically disabled....I hope someone from the UK 'Dole Office' reads this and cancels these unmerited benefits....if not, maybe we should all move to the UK to sit on our behinds and collect the cash!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.