mao1990

interview went fine BUT...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my interview went fine in islamabadembassy pak. the co asked me to show wedding pics which i presented upon which he said i am good with it, then he called my wife(usc) and asked her where she is gonna live in states which she told.

he then said (while giving me a ppr, along with my original docs, which i kept in my bagwithout teading) u will recieve ur visa within 1 month through courier after further processing and it will be valid 4 6months.

i again asked him whether my case has been accepted and he nodded. we said thank u with a smile and left.

While in the bus on my way back, i opened the ppr and it read "ur case has been denied due 2" and below "administrative processing" column was ticked

Now i am very confused and cant decide what to do.whats written in ppr is entirely opp. to what i was told in interview. next day my ceac acc. showed the case in admin. processing

Plz guide me on what to do or expect

they also kept my passport

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

sounds like you were put into administrative processing, I would keep checking on the status of your visa application online. From what I understand denied is denied, AP is another thing, you could try to contact a few lawyers and see what they say - they should tell you honestly if they could help or not at this point. I'm not sure that anyone can do anything in AP. He told you you would get it and the paper says AP, so maybe the denied being checked isnt a full denial maybe it just means denied for instant one. Hard to tell without seeing the whole paper.

but why did he give us a positive reply and why did they keep our passport

sorry, not our but only my passport

They give you positive reply because they didn't find anything That can raise RED FLAG, so the last thing they want to do some pending security checks information from their sources. So no worries and you will get the visa soon. Did they ask any documents about proof of relationship and how long you guys been married?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

yes they asked for our marriage certificate, my birth certificate, passport and two photos, they also asked how long have u been married, ur wifes dob, when did she last visited states and when did u last see her

yes they asked for our marriage certificate, my birth certificate, passport and two photos, they also asked how long have u been married, ur wifes dob, when did she last visited states and when did u last see her

Timeline

my interview went fine in islamabadembassy pak. the co asked me to show wedding pics which i presented upon which he said i am good with it, then he called my wife(usc) and asked her where she is gonna live in states which she told.

he then said (while giving me a ppr, along with my original docs, which i kept in my bagwithout teading) u will recieve ur visa within 1 month through courier after further processing and it will be valid 4 6months.

i again asked him whether my case has been accepted and he nodded. we said thank u with a smile and left.

While in the bus on my way back, i opened the ppr and it read "ur case has been denied due 2" and below "administrative processing" column was ticked

Now i am very confused and cant decide what to do.whats written in ppr is entirely opp. to what i was told in interview. next day my ceac acc. showed the case in admin. processing

Plz guide me on what to do or expect

they also kept my passport

This is becoming a serious problem. In last one week this is the third case I am seeing going in AP (co saying 1 month). I believe they are putting it in AP a lot these days might be due to Pakistan's recent law and order situation.

Is your wife Pakistani-American?

Is that the white sheet that they gave you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

administrative processing is done after an interview at Islamabad,

to determine,

whether or not you are a member of any group with intent to overthrow the USA.

It's very common in Islamabad, and people here write about the extended administrative processing time for this extra security check. It's normal, but if it's more than a month, something else is wrong.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

why was the co not clear enough to say you case is put in AP. on the contrary he only said that u will recieve your visa after processing within 1 month through courier.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This seems to be par for the course in Pakistan lately. Not sure if recent events contributed or not. I suggest you read up on the AP forum. There a many many posts there regarding this same issue. Again no one can tell you how long. Could be days, weeks, months, or years.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/523897-new-islamabad-ap-tracker-part-iii-merged-thread/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A visa can only be denied or approved, as it is in AP it is temporarily in most cases denied.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

.......u will recieve your visa after processing within 1 month through courier.

It appears he was clear that after processing--i.e. administrative processing or more security checks--you will receive your approved visa. Now if something should happen to come up during the additional processing that will change, but to his mind you just have to wait for them to complete the additional checks and you will receive your visa. On the good side, he kept your passport. They need that in order to put the visa in it. All signs appear to show that you will be approved, but you have to go thru AP.

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.