23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Everyone, This is my first day of joining the page. To sum things up. I am an American. I married a Moroccan in September 2015. I received a receipt for the I-130 to establish our relationship. Then I applied and received a receipt for the I-129F Fiance Visa. It reads on the Embassy site that they will contact the beneficiary to set up an interview after a case file is created. Does anyone know how long this usually takes? My husband filed out the online form DS-140 but it didnt give him the option to set up an interview at that time. How do you learn the language here? for example what is a NOA? or is it a NOH? I do not understand anything that I am reading. Please help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are married?

So question no 1, what have you applied for a Fiancee Visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Fiance visas are for those that are not married. To be married and apply for a fiancé visa, is fraud. When you are married you need to be applying for a CR1 spousal visa. So I think before you ask for specifics of stuff, and for people to give you answers, you're going to have to start clarifying here..

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Are you going for the K3?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I am not as knowledgable as many people here but I think I understand your question. You sent in the I-130 then when you got the notice of acceptance (NOA1), you used that to file for the K-3 visa which is what your profile shows.

I think maybe what you are confused about is this: the I-130 alone leads to an immigrant visa. If you file the I-129f and it happens to be processed first, it leads to a non-immigrant visa allowing the applicant to come to the US while waiting for the I-130 approval (NOA2). If the I-130 is processed first, which is likely, the I-129f if basically null and void. Either way, you will receive further instructions after approval.

(And folks, the I-129f is called "Petition for Alien Fiance" so I'm sure that's why the OP referenced it that way. I'm fairly confident she's aware she's married and not filing for a fiance!)

Timeline

Are you going for the K3?

I am going for the K3, Sorry I should have said that.

You are married?

So question no 1, what have you applied for a Fiancee Visa?

yes, and we are applying for the K-3

Timeline

Hi, I am not as knowledgable as many people here but I think I understand your question. You sent in the I-130 then when you got the notice of acceptance (NOA1), you used that to file for the K-3 visa which is what your profile shows.

I think maybe what you are confused about is this: the I-130 alone leads to an immigrant visa. If you file the I-129f and it happens to be processed first, it leads to a non-immigrant visa allowing the applicant to come to the US while waiting for the I-130 approval (NOA2). If the I-130 is processed first, which is likely, the I-129f if basically null and void. Either way, you will receive further instructions after approval.

(And folks, the I-129f is called "Petition for Alien Fiance" so I'm sure that's why the OP referenced it that way. I'm fairly confident she's aware she's married and not filing for a fiance!)

ahhhh thank you so much you explained it perfectly.

Honestly, a timeline would be helpful as I'm totally lost as well.

i just tried to fill out the timeline and understand it. thank you.

Timeline

Goodness me you are in a pickle

Check what Visa you're applying for, and under what circumstances, we will try to help

tsabbas explained it well.

Timeline

thank you so much, tsabbas. we do want the non immigration visa, that is the goal. we were not aware that it could be processed in a way that could create it to be null or voided. ok, so your advice is to wait patiently for further instructions, thank you. that was my reason for writing here. my husband is running for papers right now that will expire in 3 months, so i think he should stop running at the moment. i read that the non immigration visa approval expires in 4 months, so i thought that the I-129F NOA was the date that time began to tick away.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thank you so much, tsabbas. we do want the non immigration visa, that is the goal. we were not aware that it could be processed in a way that could create it to be null or voided. ok, so your advice is to wait patiently for further instructions, thank you. that was my reason for writing here. my husband is running for papers right now that will expire in 3 months, so i think he should stop running at the moment. i read that the non immigration visa approval expires in 4 months, so i thought that the I-129F NOA was the date that time began to tick away.

I hope it works out for you. I don't think many K-3s are getting processed anymore. We tried for a K-3 when we were told it would be over a year for our I-130 to be processed but now our I-130 is approved and we are at the NVC and the I-129f is still pending!

The guides here are very good for learning the process of both visas if you have time to read up on them. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Typically the 2 petitions meet up and the K3 is closed in favor of the IR-1 spouse visa petition.

Do some reading in the guides and forums to gain an understanding of the process.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casablanca embassy scheldues the interview you have to email them and inform them you have all required evidence that's what they did for my k1 . And they'll email you back your interview date when there ready to schedule it

Please take some time to read the K3 sub forum to get an idea of a) the probability of a K3 and b) how the K3 works should it be part of the .003% that makes it. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.