ank8484

help with K1 preparation

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am planing to file for my fiance through K1 visa. she is from India. I have few questions about documents requirement. my questions are as below.

1) I'm planing to bring my fiance in May or June when is the best month to apply? so she can come by end of June.

2) I read that they give 90 days visa and we need to marry in 90 days and then we can apply for status adjust to get green card... but my question is dose status adjust process finish within those 90 days visa period? will my fiance able to get her green card before 90 days visa expires? if not then what we need to do after 90 days?

3) G-325A do my fiance need to fill out this form and send me from India? or I can fill out on behalf of her? can see scan and email me from India?

4) I know I need to submit written statement from my fiance stating she wants to marry with me, my question is can see scan and email my that statement or it needs to be original paper?

5) do I need to submit my fiance's passport size photo and photocopy of passport along with mine?

6) do I need to notarize all my documents?

I have more questions but these are enough as of now. thanks in advance and waiting for reply...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1) I'm planing to bring my fiance in May or June when is the best month to apply? so she can come by end of June.

About 2 months ago.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not sure how you can plan for her to be here by May or June. Immigration is unpredictable and there is no time guarantee with any type of visa.

No the forms do not need to be notarized. They should be original signatures from ur fiancée however, many have sent it scanned copies of the letter of intent to marry and been processed just fine. I sent all originals not scanned copies so I don't know about the G-325 being a copy. Maybe someone else can comment.

Once your fiancée is issued the K1 visa she has approximately 6 mos to use it (depending on date of medical exam). Upon arrival into USA you have 90 days to marry. AOS is begun after marriage. They steps are separate not simultaneous.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Now. The process takes about 6 months, and can take longer, so if you mean June 2016, you have no time to loose. Once approved and she gets the visa, she will have 6 months to use it.

2. The AOS (Adjustment of Status) process takes a lot longer than 90 days, but you are not required to finish it, just get married within the 90 days and file.

Be sure to check out our Guides, there is a lot of info there on what papers are needed.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

for her to come in June you should have filed earlier, it is over 6 months to get the visa, so she won't be coming in June

once you marry, you apply for adjustment of status, so no, she won't get her GC within those 90, the requirement is to marry within 90 days, after that it will take several months to get the GC

you can read other people's journey and read the forum, for the rest I don't know

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

She wont have the visa before June. If you filed all now perhaps August or September.

Do some reading here in the K1 forum as well as the India regional forum to learn about the process.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I am planing to file for my fiance through K1 visa. she is from India. I have few questions about documents requirement. my questions are as below.

2017, for sure, 2016, nope that shipped already sailed.

2) I read that they give 90 days visa and we need to marry in 90 days and then we can apply for status adjust to get green card... but my question is dose status adjust process finish within those 90 days visa period? will my fiance able to get her green card before 90 days visa expires? if not then what we need to do after 90 days?

About 5 months.

3) G-325A do my fiance need to fill out this form and send me from India? or I can fill out on behalf of her? can see scan and email me from India?

Should have her original signature.

4) I know I need to submit written statement from my fiance stating she wants to marry with me, my question is can see scan and email my that statement or it needs to be original paper?

Original

5) do I need to submit my fiance's passport size photo and photocopy of passport along with mine?

Yep, Read the Guides.

6) do I need to notarize all my documents?

No

I have more questions but these are enough as of now. thanks in advance and waiting for reply...

Read the Guides, follow the Example Forms.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's great that you ask questions. The VJ community is strong and knowledgeable. Please do yourself, and your fiancè a favor, and read, read, read. There is a wealth of information available if you just look and read.

To answer your questions, on the VJ homepage (upper left) is a link titled, GUIDES (http://www.visajourn.../content/guides)

Within the GUIDES section there is a link for those filing for K1 Fiance Visas (http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide). Once you select this link, there is an I-129F

I strongly suggest using the SEARCH function and exploring all VJ has to offer. Chances are, if you have a question, its been asked, and answered before. Have fun and good luck!

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.