dwheels76

NVC Filers - November 2015

587 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

3rd NA!! will confirm on monday for CC.. scan date 10/13.. goodluck everyone! :joy:

Congrats!!! That's great! And gives me hope, since my scan date is the 14th :) Best of luck on getting an interview in December!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

When filing for the IR1/CR1 along with the IR2/CR2 Visa, know that they are separate applications and they will be processed separately hence different Case numbers assigned for each applicant. Like at USCIS, YES, the NVC will also assign different case and invoice numbers for each of the applicants. You may call to have the cases merged at NVC(even though in most cases this is automatic) so that they will be processed and filed together(back to back) and all have the same interview date.

Thanks

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Received welcome letter. Do I choose an agent, pay bill n then send package ( still putting things together) or do I choose an agent n pay bill when package is ready to send off

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Received welcome letter. Do I choose an agent, pay bill n then send package ( still putting things together) or do I choose an agent n pay bill when package is ready to send off

:time:

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

CR1 animal-graphics-pigeons-221733.gif CR2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Attempted thread hijack moved to appropriate thread~

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/575542-spouse-visa-progress-inquiry-split-thread/

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats, go online and fill agent form and pay for AOS. Btw when did NVC receive your case from USCIS?

case was received on the19 Oct.

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Congrats!!! That's great! And gives me hope, since my scan date is the 14th :) Best of luck on getting an interview in December!

Thanks IonelaC hope you can get some good news this week too! :):thumbs:

I-130 Sent : 2015-08-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-08-06

I-130 Approved : 2015-09-01

Case Sent to NVC: 2015-09-16

Received by NVC: 2015-09-24

Case # assigned: 2015-10-05

DS-261 filled: 2015-10-05

AoS fee available: 2015-10-06

AoS fee showed paid: 2015-10-07

DS-261 reviewed over the phone: 2015-10-06

Agent registration email: 2015-10-05

IV fee available: 2015-10-08

IV fee paid: 2015-10-08

IV fee showed paid: 2015-10-10

AoS and IV package Sent: 2015-10-08

AoS and IV package received: 2015-10-13

DS-260 filled out 2015-10-10

Scan date: 2015-10-13

Case Completed: 2015-11-14

Interview: had to cancel for medical 2016-01-07

Medical Exam: 2015-12-11

Sputum Test: 3 days 2015-12-(15-17)

Result: Negative on initial smear 2016-02-15

Interview USEM 2016-02-17

Visa Status: ISSUED 2016-02-19

Visa on hand 2016-02-24 :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats!

Go ahead and choose agent and pay bill.

Send the documents as soon as you have everything together. Be sure to double and triple check your package.

You have time to send it...you can even send it up until the time you pay your IV Fee and complete DS 260.

When you submit your documents, really depends on you, as far as how quickly you would hope to have your case to continue moving once everything is submitted.

After seeing some of the timelines for the NVC to receive the case, I was expecting a wait of 2-3 weeks, but just called them and they said they received it today! Woo Hoo! Now to start calling for the case number next week.

Hi Morgan.croft,

Congratulations! anyway as of us here with my husband were waiting for the NVC still 3rd week now but we havent got anything yet, so what is the no. to call there or is it ok if we will email them... my husband called the USCIS no. but they said we have to wait till the end of November, is it ok if we call them to follow up?

hoping for some kinda idea, :idea:

Timeline

Hi Morgan.croft,

Congratulations! anyway as of us here with my husband were waiting for the NVC still 3rd week now but we havent got anything yet, so what is the no. to call there or is it ok if we will email them... my husband called the USCIS no. but they said we have to wait till the end of November, is it ok if we call them to follow up?

hoping for some kinda idea, :idea:

Hi BarryPrincess201! You can now start calling NVC. This is the phone number: +1 (603) 334-0700 (for immigrant visa). If you call them and you hear that they are busy with other calls, just hang up and redial again and again and again and again, till you hear the ring :) After that, you need to press 1 for English. Once you do that you will hear the options menu. There are 7 options. I am not sure which one you need to select so you can ask if they received your case or not and if they have a case number and IIN for you.

But listen carefully to that menu and you will figure it out. Best time to call them is as soon as they open at 7 am or before they are closing, at midnight.

Also, if you haven't read Saylin's wiki, you should really do it. It's really helpful! Here's the link: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Good luck! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello!

As we sent our documents packs separately, and our scan dates are Oct 5th and 13th, I counted the whole process from the latest date.

On Friday it was 30 days and my husband was told that my case was going to be seen that day. Whole weekend I spent on CEAC site but nothing got changed into N/A`s (((( I assume they just didn`t look at the case or there`s a problem and we would have an RFE.

I know I know, I shouldn`t be worried before we call them again and ask, but I just can`t help it. Also seems like they put cases under Superviser review without asking so feels like that is going to happen.

Anyway, me dates are close to yours so I also wait news from you )))) Good Luck!

Shawn and Olga married in Russia May 7th 2013

IR-1 process

USCIS:

6/11/2015: Filed I-130 petition

6/13/2015: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

6/15/2015: Petition is accepted by USCIS (California)

6/17/2015: NOA1 received via email/text

6/23/2015: NOA1 received via mail

8/18/2015: USCIS approved petition online - 63 days from NOA 1

8/22/2015: NOA2 received via mail

NVC:

9/8/2015: NVC received the case

9/22/2015: got case number and invoice number via phone

9/22/2015: submitted DS-261 Choice of agent

9/22/2015: paid AOS fee $120 - IN PROCESS

9/24/2015: AOS fee shows PAID

9/28/2015: NVC Welcome Letter is received (issued on Sept 21st)

10/1/2015: AOS package sent to NVC

10/5/2015: AOS package delivered to NVC

10/5/2015: SCAN DATE for AOS package

10/6/2015: confirmed DS-261 over the phone

10/7/2015: email from NVC - husband is chosen as agent and IV fee is invoiced

10/8/2015: paid IV fee $325 - IN PROCESS

10/8/015: IV package sent to NVC

10/10/2015: IV fee shows PAID

10/11/2015: submitted DS-260 and got confirmation

10/13/2015: IV package delivered to NVC

10/13/2015: SCAN DATE for IV package

11/24/2015: Case Complete at NVC

12/2/2015: Case Complete letter from NVC

EMBASSY:

2/10/2016: Interview scheduled for March 15th 2016 :dancing:

Medical exam scheduled on March 14th 2016

2/10/2016: Interview Letter Received (P4)

2/16/2016: CEAC shows CASE IN TRANSIT

2/18/2016: CEAC shows READY

3/14/2016: medical exam passed

3/15/2016: interview - APPROVED! Status ISSUED - Your visa has been printed.

3/17/2016: call from Pony Express - visa is delivered to my town

POE:

4/19/2016: Moscow - New York - Atlanta

Timeline

Hello!

As we sent our documents packs separately, and our scan dates are Oct 5th and 13th, I counted the whole process from the latest date.

On Friday it was 30 days and my husband was told that my case was going to be seen that day. Whole weekend I spent on CEAC site but nothing got changed into N/A`s (((( I assume they just didn`t look at the case or there`s a problem and we would have an RFE.

I know I know, I shouldn`t be worried before we call them again and ask, but I just can`t help it. Also seems like they put cases under Superviser review without asking so feels like that is going to happen.

Anyway, me dates are close to yours so I also wait news from you )))) Good Luck!

Hi MrsCrabs! Do not worry :) That's not going to solve anything! Just give them a call today when they open up the lines, or if you want to be on the safe side, call them later in the evening and see what they will say!

Best of luck!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Just curious... For the IV package, has anyone here sent only photocopies instead of the certified/original copies of the civil docs?

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

CR1 animal-graphics-pigeons-221733.gif CR2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.