Axle314

Met on OKCupid, Filed K-1 - Then Got RFE about OKCupid! (merged thread)

20 posts in this topic

Hello!

As much as I wanted to avoid it, somehow the USCIS adjunctor thinks that www.okcupid.com could be an international marriage broker! Obviously, to the general public, it is not!

I read some of the other posts on VJ about what others have done, including printing up the Terms & Conditions, e-mailing OKCupid Customer support regarding this, and writing a letter that again certifies that a international marriage broker was not used.

But what I want to know is what else can I do to further hammer the nail and put this RFE to the grave? What else can be included in my RFE response?

One thought I had was printing a copy of what Wikipedia says about OKCupid. I did take some screenshots of our conversations on OKCupid, but frankly I don't want to give too much information that another RFE could spawn out of it!

Any thoughts? I would like to respond to this RFE within a day or two.

Hello,

I just made a post : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/573400-met-on-okcupid-filed-k-1-then-got-rfe-about-okcupid/, and thought I would also ask the following as a more general question.

What's the format as far as responding to the RFE? I understand that the blue sheet that says to place it on top goes first, but then after that have others done a signed and dated letter, indicating that you are responding to the RFE? Do you indicate what you are attaching?

Do I need to include the white sheet that lists the actual requested evidence on it, or is that not necessary when you include the blue sheet? The RFE package had two sheets on it.

Anything else in particular I need to know?

Thanks for your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wikipedia is not a refereed site, meaning anyone can write on it. The information on there should always be taken with a grain of salt and should never be used to validate or verify information.

That being said, why is the Terms & Conditions as well as the letter from OKCupid not enough? Why would you want to send more than that?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to IMBRA Special Topics Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

~Two similar/same themed threads merged~

~Continue posting on merged thread, no need for multiple threads~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I just made a post : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/573400-met-on-okcupid-filed-k-1-then-got-rfe-about-okcupid/, and thought I would also ask the following as a more general question.

What's the format as far as responding to the RFE? I understand that the blue sheet that says to place it on top goes first, but then after that have others done a signed and dated letter, indicating that you are responding to the RFE? Do you indicate what you are attaching?

Do I need to include the white sheet that lists the actual requested evidence on it, or is that not necessary when you include the blue sheet? The RFE package had two sheets on it.

Thanks for your help!

For our RFE response, I included the blue sheet on top, followed by a cover letter, documenting our response to the RFE, and then briefly explain the contents of our RFE evidence, and finally the actual evidence.

I would suggest including any sheets that they sent to you in the RFE letter. Be sure to follow the mailing/assembly information from this USCIS link: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing . Finally, be sure to make a copy for your records of all the documents associated with this RFE.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I included ALL sheets they sent to me, followed by cover letter.

As stated above - make copy of everything for your own record, including the RFE letter from USCIS.

You should see the name of ISO, who actually initiated the RFE. Sending in, make sure you mentioned that person's name on the envelope.: Attn: ISO XXXXXXX.

Good LUCK!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello!

As much as I wanted to avoid it, somehow the USCIS adjunctor thinks that www.okcupid.com could be an international marriage broker! Obviously, to the general public, it is not!

Well....if you look at their definition of an IMB, if you paid money to gain access to their information or address or whatever, then it's an IMB. Did you pay anything for access? If so, then you're on the hook.

We used a similar site but I listed that on the 129f and didn't have any issues. USCIS has recently changed their tune concerning using these sites and usually it's not a deal breaker.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I included ALL sheets they sent to me, followed by cover letter.

As stated above - make copy of everything for your own record, including the RFE letter from USCIS.

You should see the name of ISO, who actually initiated the RFE. Sending in, make sure you mentioned that person's name on the envelope.: Attn: ISO XXXXXXX.

Good LUCK!!!!!!!

On my form there is no ISO Number, I only see the A Number, the Receipt Number. There are some numbers below that say CSCXXXX and WSXXXXX, but I don't think that is it. It also says Section XX.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oh, OK...probably it depends on USCIS office or something else, because we didn't have any blue or pink sheet, just the RFE letter (2 white pages ), with my A#, case number and ISO name...

Anyway, I would mention on the envelope that this is K1 RFE response

Edited by Vicha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wow I'm surprised you even got an RFE. When me and my now husband did the K1 we just wrote that we met online at OkCupid and we didn't send any Terms of Service or anything and we got approved without RFE.

Wow I'm surprised you even got an RFE. When me and my now husband did the K1 we just wrote that we met online at OkCupid and we didn't send any Terms of Service or anything and we got approved without RFE.

We did the same. I am convinced it's the luck of the draw as to who reviews it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello!

I read some of the other posts on VJ about what others have done, including printing up the Terms & Conditions, e-mailing OKCupid Customer support regarding this, and writing a letter that again certifies that a international marriage broker was not used.

But what I want to know is what else can I do to further hammer the nail and put this RFE to the grave? What else can be included in my RFE response?

One thought I had was printing a copy of what Wikipedia says about OKCupid. I did take some screenshots of our conversations on OKCupid, but frankly I don't want to give too much information that another RFE could spawn out of it!

Any thoughts? I would like to respond to this RFE within a day or two.

I received an RFE for the same reason. I sent a Wikipedia print of it and also our profile pages from the social media site. 7 days later I was approved. good luck

Hello,

Thanks for your help!

Hi Axle,we got an RFE regarding the circumstances of meeting and this is how we responded to it actually now is the time to include more evidence of your relationship like a few extra3-5 pics if you met after filling the petition to show your relationship is still active.

-We used the below template all you have to say is you didn't use any marriage broker service to meet your fiancée

-include the terms and conditions of the website you met

-Contact the customer care service and notify them to write you an email stating that they are not a marriage broker service---you site OkCupid does respond most of the time from what I have been reading at VJ.

-Screen shots of your first conversations at the website.just a few pages don't over do it

Here is the template we used.

[Petitioner’s name]
[Petitioner’s address]
[City, state and zip code]
USCIS
[Processing Center Name]
[Address]
[City, State and Zip Code]
August 14, 2015
Re: Case #: [WAC2015XXXXXX] - response to the request for evidence letter
To whom it may concern,
[Details of response]
Case #: HCM2015522036
Beneficiary name:
DOB: MM/DD/YYYY
Address:
Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Email address:
Petitioner Name:
DOB: MM/DD/YYYY
Address:
Phone: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Email address:
Thank you,
[Petitioner’s name]
Your beneficiary can write a separate letter as well acknowledging that he/she didn't use the service of a marriage broker to meet you and express how much you love each other and you just want to be together forever.
That's It hope above will help you and all the best with your journey.

and the Blue sheet should be on top. they outside the envelop that you will be sending you can write with a felt pen RFE as long as it will be legible,this might make your case to be processed fast cause it will sorted easily once in the facility.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.