81 posts in this topic

The safest bet would be to wait until you oldest is 21 and then can peition you as a parent.

The other aspect that intrigues me is when assessing the Child's petition this past history would have any impact.

The storyline is sadly not uncommon, hence all the comments. I have no idea what actually has happened but it certainly looks suspicious.

Now of to google Knocking ceremony, presumably has something to do with knocked up.

lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: , In Ghana a person can just do the knocking and that is it,( traditional wedding). depending on the person, they can use that has the wedding or have another/white wedding

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: , In Ghana a person can just do the knocking and that is it,( traditional wedding). depending on the person, they can use that has the wedding or have another/white wedding

Knocking on the door seems the use. But you can see the confusion.

From what I saw there is the knocking on the door that later leeds to a traditional service once all the aspects have been agreed where she says 3 times that she will marry.

When someone says knocking, do they mean just the first part or all of it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OP, I mean no disrespect and I don't think anyone is judging you but this doesn't sound quite right. Others have asked for SPECIFIC dates to get a better grasp of the situation but your posts only add more ambiguity to the story and you have yet to answer those questions - so now the question is WHY are you avoiding giving an exact timeline. Just reading it, I'm sitting here like, wait, so was the husband married to you both at the same time? I personally do not understand the timeline of events so I can imagine a CO felt the same. Answering Dwheels76 VERY specific questions may help others give you better advice. Good luck.

Married in Nigeria: 12/23/2014

I-130 Sent: 1/27/2015

I-130 NOA1: 1/29/2015

I-130 Approved: 6/1/2015

NVC Received: 6/16/2015

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 6/29/2015

Submitted DS-261: 6/29/2015

Paid AOS Bill: 7/6/2015

AOS Bill Posted: 7/9/2015

Received IV Bill: 6/29/2015

Paid IV Bill: 7/6/2015

IV Bill Posted: 7/9/2015

Sent AOS Package: 7/20/2015

Sent IV Package: 7/20/2015

NVC Received: 7/21/2015

Received Checklist : 8/10/2015

(Missed P/C - Was told by operator to send package without it and a letter of explanation as to why we didn't have it; also told that case could be forwarded without it - LIE)

Sent Police Certificates (SD): 8/19/2015 & 8/28/2015

Case Completed at NVC: 10/30/2015

Received Instructions and Interview appointment letter: 12/3/2015

Medical Exam: 1/20/2016

Medical Results: Picked up 1/22/2016

Interview Date: 1/28/2016

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

Visa Received: 2/12/2016

US Entry: 2/14/2016

Knocking on the door seems the use. But you can see the confusion.

From what I saw there is the knocking on the door that later leeds to a traditional service once all the aspects have been agreed where she says 3 times that she will marry.

When someone says knocking, do they mean just the first part or all of it?

it all depends on the family, first visit is the boy/man making his intention know. but, but, some people can say we don't have time we all busy people, (especially if the man/woman is away not present at the time, meaning in UK, USA ,Netherlands etc, they do everything on the spot, no need to come back again) to answer the question, it can be done on the spot, depending on the family, or if they are not sure, they will advice you on a date to come back.

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know this may not be what you want to hear but it just seems off. Your children are approved which means you gave permission probably signed a document giving permission for them to immigrate. Not saying he did this but could this all been his plan to woo you so he could have his children with him and leave you behind.

You never stated what proof you submitted with the I-130 Petition for your bonafide relationship. Children aren't proof as we all can see.

1. What did he submit in the petition package?
  2. Did he make a copy also for you so you know every single piece of evidence submitted?
  3. Phone logs, IM's, emails, text, Skype, Facebook?
  4. Does his Facebook vividly display you or just the kids or only his American family.?
  5. Pics of wedding ongoing relationship?
  6. Since he came back in 2010 how many visits?
  7. For how long?

For you to go forward with this and fight it you will need his help. Like I stated before he needs to contact his congressman/Senator soonist. Did you tell him to do so? It takes only 24 hours to contact get consent letter giving them permission to act on your behalf.

Has he contacted the embassy and asked for a 2nd interview? That he will fly in?

Instead of attacking us take the advice laid out by many of us. Time is of the essence. You want your case to stay at embassy not leave. So wipe your tears buck up and fight. Or not. It's your choice.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It is painful, and being in pain right now, some of the comments and questions may seem harsh. I know. When I was in shock at my husband's denial, most people here on VJ really opened my eyes to why he was denied.

If your relationship is truly genuine, you have to fight it, that's all. You can't wallow too long, just a day or two.

However, something does not seem right about your husband's actions. You will have to convince the USCIS, through a lawyer would be best, that he didn't just go over there to the US, marry a USC, have a child to get firmly planted in the USA and has used the USC and is now inviting you.

You can see how this all looks to the CO.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Your story only sounds more fishy after you get defensive when people ask legitimate questions about your case in order to give you the full scope of advice. If your story is real, you better get a lawyer and fast.

AGREE WITH YOU 100%

ALSO I WOULD IMPLORE ON PEOPLE TO STATE FULL FACTS OF THEIR CASE WHEN THEY POST HERE RATHER THAN WITHHOLDING SOME VITAL INFO IN A BID TO COURT PUBLIC SYMPATHY

Timeline

AGREE WITH YOU 100%

ALSO I WOULD IMPLORE ON PEOPLE TO STATE FULL FACTS OF THEIR CASE WHEN THEY POST HERE RATHER THAN WITHHOLDING SOME VITAL INFO IN A BID TO COURT PUBLIC SYMPATHY

Sadly a common occurrence.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Let me summarize:

1) you have a person that you have kids with from your home country;

2) This person married USC and gained citizenship.

3) this individual, once obtained USC divorces his wife, marries you, and is trying to get you and your kids to US.

So far so good??

Now, you are asking why CO turned you down??

I can only praise CO.

COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!

The lack of clear timeline and details is super confusing--- did you give more information to the CO or not? Because if not, that would be a huge reason for not believing you. It makes it look like you're hiding something. If you're not hiding anything, don't worry. Just give them all the details and proof and you should be fine.

Now the question is though-- how and when did your husband get to the US? That's the detail I assume they're hung up on. If the timeline has him marrying a USC while you were pregnant (or worse-- before you were pregnant, or you became pregnant while he was waiting for a marriage/relationship based visa), they could assume that he married her for immigration purposes alone, and once you break their trust you're going to have to fight hard to get it back. Other details they'll focus on is did the USC know about you and the children? Did HE acknowledge having children while he was in that application process? If not... again with the breaking of their trust. They always ask that question (if you have children) so depending on if he answered them truthfully or not, that could factor into the decision here.

Other details--- when did his marriage fall apart, how long after that did he marry you? Because now if they've got red flags on these other issues...too short a timeframe between the end of his marriage and petitioning for you could bring it "full circle" in their minds and it just will look like a big.... grand master scam plan. This is what you'll need to overcome. Without these details, of course, I'm just guessing. I'm not accusing you of *anything* but saying "if, if, if" as a guess as to what could be happening. No one here can help without knowing the details (and again, if you resisted providing these kinds of details to the CO that would explain it right off the bat).

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Timeline

Possible that he got his GC through a bigamous relationship.

Sorry that you are hurt. I understand that. But here is the deal .. you were married to your husband before he left for the States. It was a traditional marriage that is customary to Africans. Bride price was paid according to you, as the necessary rites were performed (correct me if I am wrong). It is legitimate. In the eyes of both families you were his wife before he travelled out of Ghana, and more so you were blessed with three children from the same man. But this is not the issue as the CO would not be able to prove either way, especially if you have not told them. However, you have three children with him, not one. I doubt that the CO in her mind did not think you are his wife, but in short that you have been his wife all along. This is a different debate that the CO would never win as it woud be a mountain to prove, however, may have weighed in on her decision to refuse the issuance of the visa.

It is not uncommon for previous spouses to rekindle their relationships, hence in your case the timeline matters. When did he get his greencard and citizenship? When did he file for divorce? How soon did he filed for his children and for you to join him? Were all the applications filed together?

In my opinion I would think the easier route for you is for your now 17 year old child to file for you when s/he settles when s/he qualifies to do so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm truly sorry that this happen to you, and I don't think everyone is trying to be mean or upset you. Everyone in this group have the same thing in common and that is to try to bring our love ones/relative home. Since I have joined this group I have spent hours and hours reading everyone experience dealing with ghanaian embassy. Just continue to listen and get advice on what steps you need to follow. Things will get better. ☺

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

We are all here trying to be with our loved ones, so nobody would just praise CO and blame you just because you are denied to be with your loved one. There is a difference in whether you are heartbroken and in tears because you are denied to be with your husband or because you are denied be in the US. That's what people over here are trying to find out so that they can give you a good suggestion.

You have not yet provided the detailed information even though so many people have asked for it. Nobody can provide the required suggestion without getting the whole picture. Based on the incomplete information you'v laid out, even average people like us have suspicion on your relationship, imagine, what was going on in that experienced CO's mind when he was presented with the same information. That's why we are asking you to provide the complete information from the start to the end detailing each and every timeline and the information provided to USCIS and the CO.

You came here and asked for suggestions and when somebody commented on your incomplete info, you got angry when in fact you should have been providing more info about why your marriage and bonafide and was not meant for immigration purpose only. You saying "I'm out" will only prove that you want to hide some information which will definitely make your whole thing suspicious.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.