elzee

Removal of condition DENIED

56 posts in this topic

Yes after I got my greencard I left to be with my child. I we shared almost a year together before I went abroad. There was a valid reason why I was there, also submitted evidence of the medical history while I was there. 2013 me and my child together with my husband lived together for almost 3years until just recently I couldn't handle how he treats me anymore.

There is also one thing I knew was a factor of it. He has a business and he cannot fully operate coz he owes IRS a lot of money. While I was abroad he decided to create a business in my name. Which I strongly disagreed about. But he kept on telling me it is a way to build something for myself. Little did I know he is using my name so he can continue to make money. For years I kept telling him I wanted it dissolved since I am owing IRS and other people money with something that I am not handling myself. In 2014 he declared to me that the company/business has been dissolved but I found out up to now he is still using my name.

My point is I got to prove that I didnt entered the marriage for the purpose of getting a greencard rather it was bona fide but I had made my decision to be with my child during the conditional greencard.

It leaves them an impression that he was using me to hide his assets and it was all business between the two of us, thats what the lawyer told us. Which I have to prove it. I know its gonna be difficult. Im just crossing my fingers. My child like here alot and I would like to stay here so I can work and provide for my child and i can pay attention more to my health here than where I am from.

Check my earlier post for a link to legal resources in your state for those in need.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/570388-removal-of-condition-denied/#entry7851782

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What should I do now? Please help!

The obvious answer is go home.

Your post otherwise makes little sense. your daughter could have come with you on a K2 or follow to join with a year.

If you have mega bucks to throw at a lawyer by all means do so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My point is I got to prove that I didnt entered the marriage for the purpose of getting a greencard rather it was bona fide but I had made my decision to be with my child during the conditional greencard.

The thing u did no matter for what reason it's prove that u did for GC .cos judge or any one make sense if u was care ur child so much then why u left her alone and came here so far country across seas for a person who u just know from sometime. Sorry to say it's. Simply makes Common sense to everyone who will ready ur post that what u did and for what was that .u are tellin one side story about ur husband.its make thinkable when this all was happening how came in ur mind to record audio and video proof and later useing it to sppourt ur case.its look like pre plan. what it was for.i bleave lawyer can't help u either. Best of luck

Recorded evidence are gathered bcoz my husband telling people that I am mentally ill. That I am making up stories. So to defend myself I had to record what his doing to me.

I have been physically and mentally abused. Even during I had cancer, he didnt treated me right. He didnt even went to the hospital for my operation.

I am not here to prove to you guys my case. I was hoping I will be able to get information from people with the same case. Thank you for all your response.

People are different. I love my child so much, thats a sure thing. Leaving her abroad doesnt mean I dont love her. There are millions of people who leaves their love ones to go abroad, So you are saying they dont love the ones they left behind enough coz they choosed to leave?

What I did made sense to me. I left my child to marry my husband. Came back to make up with the lost time. I couldnt afford to be away with my child at the moment I held her again. Thinking it was okay to be with my child than my husband bcoz my child needs me more. After all when her visa is done we can all be together and be a family.

Thank you all. I appreciate the responses.

I think this is not the right venue to vent my frustration. But it helped me alot to feel better.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Even filing I-751 waiver based in abuse you still have to prove bonafide marriage.I doubt you will be approved.Your case is extremely week. You had the option to bring your child to the USA with K2 visa when you entered with K1 visa. The explanation that you went to your home Country to be with your child USCIS did not care whatsoever and the Immigration Court will not care either. Hire a lawyer but start making plans to return to the Philippines.Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning! Elzee It all sounds very confusing but, I do see why they would think that because, out of the first 2 years of marriage it sounds as if you was with your husband for about 2 months. I am not judging by no means just going by what you have stated here. I am praying that your health is better as well. And when you stated that "We have collected more evidence such as pictures, affidavits from people who knows us, we got insurance together, bank account" Are you meaning to state that you and your husband are still together and you may need to consult an lawyer because, you spent more time in your country, then here in the USA. Good Luck!

I came in the states 5yrs ago on a K1 visa. Got married, had 2yr greencard. Filed for removal of the condition and got denied.

Summary:
When my k1 visa got approved left my daughter (not by my husband) in the Philippines.2010 I came here and married my husband. I spent 11months here and went back to Philippines to be with my child. It was 11months of stay outside the US, came back here for a month and be with my husband and went back to my origin country to be with my child again. That time we already processed her visa and while waiting for it, it also took me another 11months until I got back with her in the US.

I had some health problems that I needed to resolve before going back here. Primarily, it is more affordable there and we dont have insurance here.

Fastforward...

Filed for the removal, got interviewed and it didnt went well.

We didnt had sufficient evidence as well.

No evidence showing our names together such as; insurance, lease, joint bank account,utility bills, tax. Nothing!

I know at first it was not right. I told my husband about it but he said he is only protecting me from his debts. That's why he doesnt want my name or his name together.

2013 when I got back here with my child, it was a nightmare. He found a house to lease and He wanted me to buy the house. Expect me to buy it within 1 year with a broken credit score. It was our main issue for a year. Never ending fights.

In 2014, I had cancer. He treated me horribly, didnt even went with me to my operation day. I decided to end it. We ended it badly. I dont even wanna deal with him anymore.

And now I got a Notice of appearance for a removal proceeding.

My problem is I dont have anyone to represent me. The reason for the denial is that they think I am only married my husband for the sole purpose of obtaining a greencard. Which is not true! So I have to defend myself with very little evidence of combined life together.

We have collected more evidence such as pictures, affidavits from people who knows us, we got insurance together, bank account.

I already left my husband. I have no plan to come back to him and go through hell again.

What should I do now? Please help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We clearly understand the mother/child bond and deeply understanding you at that time to be with her. But, on the other hand it could be viewed that after 2 years and only 60 days being being spent with your husband more evidence would be needed

Timeline:

Aug 2010 arrival in the US

Spent 11months with my husband since arrival.

Went back abroad for 11months

Came back for 1month

Spent another 11months waiting for the process for child's visa and dealt with health problem.

So by 2013 me and my child came here together.

Lived together with my husband.

From 2013, 2014, and until july 2015.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.