Mrs U

October 2015 -- I-129F Filers [edited title]

936 posts in this topic

Hey everyone that already got NOA2...what were your approx days from NOA2 until NVC sent your papers to your local embassy?
Wondering if mine would get there before Christmas, got NOA2 yesterday....

Thanks

Adjustment of Status Timeline

I-485, EAD sent: 3/8/16

USPS Delivery: 3/10/16

NOA1 Email: 3/19/16

NOA1 Hard copies: 3/24/16

Biometrics letter: 4/2/16

Biometrics appointment: 4/14/16

Case ready for interview: 4/21/16

EAD "new card is being produced": 5/24/16

EAD card received: 5/28/2016

Interview has been scheduled: 9/20/16

Interview: 10/21/16

Greencard approved: 10/24/16

Greencard received: 10/29/16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone that already got NOA2...what were your approx days from NOA2 until NVC sent your papers to your local embassy?

Wondering if mine would get there before Christmas, got NOA2 yesterday....

Thanks

Hi,

My NOA2 was approved on the 9th. NVC gave my case a number on the 20th. They sent the petition out to the embassy on the 24th and yesterday the embassy received it. I think it takes about 3-4 weeks from NOA2. Plus the holidays are coming up and it might take a bit longer.

Hope this helps

Edited by TheMusicSpeaks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Fiance did her medical exams in São Paulo today. She said it was cake! It was so easy. Now our next step will be the interview on the 5th. This is getting closer to the end. I can't wait :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else has paid their visa fee and was able to schedule interview via ustraveldocs.com before receiving any packet 3 from the consulate?

Our case is currently 'in transit' to the consulate and i have been onto ustraveldocs website and its allowing me to pay the visa fee and schedule interview. Is this the norm for everyone else? Or should we be waiting for the consulate to contact us in the first instance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Woohoo!!! got my NOA2, case was approved! I am so happy. VJ estimate is really accurate. It said I would receive NOA2 between 12/7 and 12/10. I received the notice 12/9.

Now I wait for about 10 days and call NVC for my case number. That's what I understand from reading other posts on this topic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We also got our NOA2 today. Was I the only one that wasn't particularly nervous or worried about it? It seems like it is very process oriented- as long as you read the instructions adamantly and fill out the paperwork properly there is nothing really to worry about. Guess what I am trying to say is- don't worry so much :-p

Going to start reading what is needed for the interview in Japan.

Cheers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was particularly nervous because my fiancée and I have only been together for 3 months. We are also cousins and same sex relationship. In addition, our country, Vietnam, has high fraud concerns. For these reasons, I was very concern my case would be denied all together. I was hoping for an approved or RFE. Luckily, we got our NOA2 today and case was approved. Now onto the next process of our journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys I just want to ask, how long did yall get the case number from nvc since after NOA2 got approved? I got approved last week and it would be ok to start calling today or should I wait till next week? Thanks to those who can answer :)

Joseph

you can start calling 10-14 days after.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Woohoo!!! got my NOA2, case was approved! I am so happy. VJ estimate is really accurate. It said I would receive NOA2 between 12/7 and 12/10. I received the notice 12/9.

Now I wait for about 10 days and call NVC for my case number. That's what I understand from reading other posts on this topic.

Congrats!

Hello everyone,

We also got our NOA2 today. Was I the only one that wasn't particularly nervous or worried about it? It seems like it is very process oriented- as long as you read the instructions adamantly and fill out the paperwork properly there is nothing really to worry about. Guess what I am trying to say is- don't worry so much :-p

Going to start reading what is needed for the interview in Japan.

Cheers

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was particularly nervous because my fiancée and I have only been together for 3 months. We are also cousins and same sex relationship. In addition, our country, Vietnam, has high fraud concerns. For these reasons, I was very concern my case would be denied all together. I was hoping for an approved or RFE. Luckily, we got our NOA2 today and case was approved. Now onto the next process of our journey.

wow, lucky you and also congratulations. im still waiting for mines, mine was received last October 13, and until now we haven't received the NOA2 yet. Hope we can get ours soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hopefully that means my letter is in transit too!

Called NVC today they confirmed that our case is already in Ciudad Juarez and that yesterday the consulate sent the Packet 3.

Hopefully mexican post service will vindicate itself and deliver fast mi consulate letter.

Fingers crossed.

:clock:

OMG!!!!! Finally got NOA2!!!! Took 56 days, I almost got crazy. UUfff, now I can start enjoying Christmas and reading this forum again without feeling frustrated.

Soooooo happy!!!!!

Our K1 visa journey:

Oct 10, 2015 I-129F Packet sent to TX Lockbox

Oct 13, 2015 I-129F Packet delivered, sent to CSC

Oct 15, 2015 NOA1

Dec 10, 2015 NOA2 (took 56 days)

Dec 22, 2015 NVC received

Dec 28, 2015 NVC status "In Transit" - Left NVC

Dec 31, 2015 Consulate received

Jan 06, 2016 Packet 3 received

Jan 26, 2016 Medical done

Feb 10, 2016 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

------------------------------------------------

May 01, 2016 Arrival into the US via MSP

Jun 04, 2016 Wedding !!!!

Our AOS journey:

Spoiler

Jul 27, 2016 Combo packet (AOS, EAD and AP) sent to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 01, 2016 Packet received, sent to National Benefits Center

Aug 08, 2016 NOA1

Aug 30, 2016 Biometrics done in St. Paul, MN

Sep 07, 2016 Case numbers work online (Day 37 since received)

Oct 04, 2016 EAD approved - online status "New Card Is Being Produced" (Day 64 since received)

Oct 04, 2016 AP approved - online status "Case Was Approved" (Day 64 since received)

Oct 19, 2016 EAD online status "Card was mailed to me"

Oct 22, 2016 EAD/AP combo card received

Nov 23, 2016 AOS approved without interview !!! - online status "New Card Is Being Produced" (Day 114 since received)

Dec 3, 2016 Green Card received

Our ROC journey:

Aug 31, 2018 ROC packet sent to CSC

Sep 04, 2018 ROC packet delivered -
Sep 28, 2018 Check cashed by USCIS Chicago
Oct 20, 2018 NOA1 date (18-month extension) - case transferred to Nebraska 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.