usernamebilly

I-751 October 2015 Filers

599 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I did get an email confirming my change of address was processed. Clearly was not applied to the card production order for the ROC.

I've been switching apartment every Sept 1st for last two years. I filed my I-751 using address A. I received RFE (luckily and correctly) at address B when I was living. Then I called to place a service request, the response went to address A and an old roommate picked it up. I called a week ago to make sure all stuff goes to address C which is current, and the rep told me I need to do infopass to make sure that happen. Last Friday the officer at infopass told me an approval letter went to address A! And he sent an email to service center to make sure the actual card will go to address C.

Every Sept 1st I change address online and get verification on time. This is no guarantee that the correct address is being used. I even went to address B a few days ago and asked the new tenants if they can keep an eye on my uscis letters :(

My online status has not changed at all and I'm waiting to hear from my old roommate at address A if she got anything.

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Congratulations on your approval! I hope you receive your letter soon either to the correct address or if your roommate picks it up. I am logging into my case status everyday but still nothing has changed (My NOA is 10/13). But I am so happy things are finally happening for the October filers!

I've been switching apartment every Sept 1st for last two years. I filed my I-751 using address A. I received RFE (luckily and correctly) at address B when I was living. Then I called to place a service request, the response went to address A and an old roommate picked it up. I called a week ago to make sure all stuff goes to address C which is current, and the rep told me I need to do infopass to make sure that happen. Last Friday the officer at infopass told me an approval letter went to address A! And he sent an email to service center to make sure the actual card will go to address C.

Every Sept 1st I change address online and get verification on time. This is no guarantee that the correct address is being used. I even went to address B a few days ago and asked the new tenants if they can keep an eye on my uscis letters :(

My online status has not changed at all and I'm waiting to hear from my old roommate at address A if she got anything.

Edited by meowmie

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval! I hope you receive your letter soon either to the correct address or if your roommate picks it up. I am logging into my case status everyday but still nothing has changed (My NOA is 10/13). But I am so happy things are finally happening for the October filers!

Thanks Meowmie, I am actually June filer but looking around to seek advice, and reassurance :P Good luck to Oct VSC filers!

Given the way simple addresses are messed up, I cannot believe my case is approved until I see something in the mail...

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Perfectly understandable! Believe it once you have the card in your hands!

But of luck again and congrats! :goofy:

Thanks Meowmie, I am actually June filer but looking around to seek advice, and reassurance :P Good luck to Oct VSC filers!

Given the way simple addresses are messed up, I cannot believe my case is approved until I see something in the mail...

Hi All Vermont filers got approved ?

nothing yet on my case. VSC needs to get more staff as we all are getting fed up at this rate.

Someone on here last year joked at me you will be able to apply for citizenship before its done. Their words are almost coming true in 11 days I can put in my N400

Edited by jjbrien

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2015-10-08

NOA Date : 2015-10-10

Bio. Appt. : 2015-11-12

nothing yet on my case. VSC needs to get more staff as we all are getting fed up at this rate.

Someone on here last year joked at me you will be able to apply for citizenship before its done. Their words are almost coming true in 11 days I can put in my N400

I am at Vermont too. I agree with you they either need to hire more staff or transfer some of the cases to CSC to clear the backlog. Good luck filing for your citizenship, atleast thats gonna make them approve your ROC faster

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I am at Vermont too. I agree with you they either need to hire more staff or transfer some of the cases to CSC to clear the backlog. Good luck filing for your citizenship, atleast thats gonna make them approve your ROC faster

there is backlog in CSC too , they would be moving the problem from one center to another . they should hire more people but they wont, you know why ? because that will mean no bonuses for those that run "the show " .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

there is backlog in CSC too , they would be moving the problem from one center to another . they should hire more people but they wont, you know why ? because that will mean no bonuses for those that run "the show " .

CSC's "backlog" means they're working on March 2016 applicants, a full five months ahead of VSC. So a case transfer could definitely happen (and hopefully will).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

CSC's "backlog" means they're working on March 2016 applicants, a full five months ahead of VSC. So a case transfer could definitely happen (and hopefully will).

I might be wrong on this but to justify a workload transfer CSC may need to be significantly ahead of 6 month processing. I looked at the stats from the last two transfers. 1) Before Nov 2014 transfer CSC was running at a crazy sub 2 month approval. 2) Before August 2015 transfer CSC was running at 3 months. As long as CSC stays around 5-6 months, a transfer may never happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I might be wrong on this but to justify a workload transfer CSC may need to be significantly ahead of 6 month processing. I looked at the stats from the last two transfers. 1) Before Nov 2014 transfer CSC was running at a crazy sub 2 month approval. 2) Before August 2015 transfer CSC was running at 3 months. As long as CSC stays around 5-6 months, a transfer may never happen.

Yep, I didn't think to check on that before posting. My bad, you're probably right. Still so frustrating :huh2:

I am a CSC filer and still hasn't heard anything :clock: Hang in there people!

Journey to citizenship now. Finally the last one!

hello my gc expire and i Have already my extention for one year can travel without problem a dominican republic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.