Rezahoss

F2B interview, case denied!

48 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The sooner she returns, the better. Each day she spends outside the US only adds up to her abandonment issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes I think they were lenient toward my sister and the case is still open. I think my mother will take a chance and come back ( of course on a one way ticket) and live here. Once my sister is able to obtain a visa, she can take care of my mom.

And your Sisters Husband?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

May I ask how they found out that your mother was out of country for three years, by asking questions to your sister on the interview? What did she put as Country of Domicile on form i 864? Thank you...

Being an immigrant or visa holder one is in more systems that we can count. I suspect that even before they asked the question, the consulate already knew the answer.

This is why I am always so dumbfounded when people try to lie to the consular and then come on here asking for advice on how to 'undo' their lies.

OP - I am sorry that this happened but it sounds like it was the right decision. I am happy that they are leaving you room to sort this out.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you assume they know everything you do not want them to know and nothing that you do you will not be far off.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Being an immigrant or visa holder one is in more systems that we can count. I suspect that even before they asked the question, the consulate already knew the answer.

This is why I am always so dumbfounded when people try to lie to the consular and then come on here asking for advice on how to 'undo' their lies.

OP - I am sorry that this happened but it sounds like it was the right decision. I am happy that they are leaving you room to sort this out.

Good luck

Yes, I would never lie or encourage anyone to do so, especially under oath (which they make you do on the interview).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh gosh no, I wasn't implying that you were.

I'm just surprised that people do, and then are shocked when the consular already know the answer and then visas get delayed

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

I am definitely agree with that, under no circumstances is lying tolerated, and there are consequences of doing so. The forms and the other supporting document will show everything unless you lie on them as well. However in order to overcome any weaknesses on the case itself, we'd better be prepared with some strategic answers, but not necessary have to lie. I'm just curies how the sister/mom dealt with weakness in their case. I'm glad the sister was being honest on that. Hope you straight it out soon!!

Timeline

Oh gosh no, I wasn't implying that you were.

I'm just surprised that people do, and then are shocked when the consular already know the answer and then visas get delayed

I didn't think you were implying that either! :-)

I agree, those who lie are not only immoral but also stupid (I think most of the time these two qualities go hand in hand)

I am definitely agree with that, under no circumstances is lying tolerated, and there are consequences of doing so. The forms and the other supporting document will show everything unless you lie on them as well. However in order to overcome any weaknesses on the case itself, we'd better be prepared with some strategic answers, but not necessary have to lie. I'm just curies how the sister/mom dealt with weakness in their case. I'm glad the sister was being honest on that. Hope you straight it out soon!!

Thanks Liz! I don't think my sister dealt with the weakness in the case in any strategic way. Unfortunately mom was out of the country due to illness and there was nothing we could do about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The sooner she returns, the better. Each day she spends outside the US only adds up to her abandonment issue.

And if someone have issued travel document and then lived outside USA for 2 years ..So is it still affect the case of their kids???

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

And if someone have issued travel document and then lived outside USA for 2 years ..So is it still affect the case of their kids???

An LPR can spend up to 2 years outside the US with a Re-Entry Permit. The time outside the US is not considered in determining if the individual's status. The LPR must maintain ties to the US.

The OP's mom was outside the US for 3 years without a Re-Entry Permit.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-131

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence

• 4 months later...
Timeline

An update to this discussion:

On 12/17/15 we got an email from USCIS, that they have gotten the case back form the embassy and they will inform us when they are done processing! I called them yesterday, but was told that they cannot answer any questions as 180 days must pass from the time of their email before they can answer any questions. Any ideas what to do next?

P.S. My mother (the petitioner) is here in the States now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.