1,749 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, prastha said:

You fall in F2A category right??? I am getting the same answer for past 3 days that my case is not eligible to receive a visa yet. I don't know what to expect now.

Yup, it does fall in F2A. They said they are just scheduling the dates and once all of it is done for the current pd they start to let you know in email.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
Just now, maria betances said:

keep calling my friend from cuba just call and receive her interview date. she have calling since Tuesday with no luck got the same respond from nvc no visa available.

Thank You guys....All of you have been so helpful...I am not losing hope but it gets into your nerve easily, I am praying...

Maria, congratulations on receiving IL and thank you for continuing posting valuable IL updates!!  You've mentioned that the latest PD of a case in which someone received IL is August 15 2015, which is actually a Saturday.  I realized that PDs fell all into weekdays rather than weekends by reviewing those of 2015 shown in this thread; therefore I want to confirm with you the authenticity of this piece of news.  I filed a case for my wife with the PD Sept 15 2015, I am excited to see the Cut-off date approaching and certainly more delighted if Aug 22 2015 appears in the VB of June.  Thanks! :)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

My wife's PD is Dec '15. We haven't received the welcome letter yet. I called NVC but they said our case is not ready for processing yet. Can anyone give me insight to this? How much time does it take to complete all the documentation once choice of agent is started?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi. I got a date for june 2. The only problem is i dont have affidavit of support that I submitted to nvc. And the letter i got from nvc says i need to take the copy of affidavit to interview.Because i dont have any affidavits copies with me. What should i do now.? Do i need to take it to interview?

8 hours ago, curious21 said:

Hello! is anybody here a July 2015 F2A filer? are there any updates or progress on your case lately? :) thanks!

my say ready already. my pd is july 28 2015

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

PD July 31, 2015, Bangladesh. Case completed 4 months before. No IL yet. Called NVC 20 days ago. They said to wait.

Someone from my country received IL having PD of 13 August 2015, but no good news for me so far. I think, NVC call for interview considering 2 things in an addition of PD.

1) Which applicant completes the case earlier with NVC.
2) Which applicant have the joint sponsor and who have not.

The one who completes the case earlier will get IL quickly. Besides, if you have strong petitioner earning, you will get the priority to get the IL earlier. But if you have a joint sponsor they will put you on the bottom line.

To get the interview date at the very first month, you need to complete your case before many others of your country, and better you have strong petitioner earning instead of having a joint sponsor.

At any other case, you might need to wait a couple of months more to get the IL even after the PD is current.

You can compare it with someone of your country only. Cause the wait list of the embassies differs country to country. NVC schedules interview according to the available date of the embassies. Not every country has the same amount of demand for the Visas.

It's my understanding so far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.