1,749 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, L0bster00 said:

Since her PETITION is not APPROVED. There is technically no Priority Date for her. That's what i was told by the USCIS officer. You need to get the PETITION APPROVED. Was the application transferred to USCIS LOCAL OFFICE ? Where your mother resides ? If yes, Then This can be a reason for delay. The LOCAL OFFICE wants to interview your mother before Approving the PETITION.  I would contact OMBUDSMAN and your LOCAL CONGRESSMAN for more help. 

Thanks for your reply.

it was transferred to another service center not a local office.

DCF - Barbados

Apr 7th 05: Civil Wedding

Apr 11th 05: Filed I-130 in Barbados; Packets 3 & 4 given

May 3rd 05: Medical

May 5th 05: Visa Interview

CR-1 APPROVED*********** Visa in Hand (Day 25)

June 9th 05- Sweet home ALABAMA !!!

Aug 13 05 - Our U.S. Religious Wedding Ceremony

Removing Conditions @ TSC

March 30th 07: Mailed I-751 pkt to TSC

April 3rd 07: TSC received packet

April 5th 07: Check cashed

April 24th 07: Received I-797 and Biometrics letter

May 1st 07: Biometrics in Birmingham, AL

Jan 31st 08: Transfered to VSC

Feb 25th 08: Touched

May 09th 08: Email from CRIS - Card ordered !!

May 16th 08: 10 Year Green Card Received

US Citizenship

Aug 2 2008 : Mailed N-400 Citizenship Application pkt to TSC

Aug 5 2008 : TSC received packet

Aug 7 2008 : Check cashed

Aug 14 2008 : NOA1

Aug 26 2008 : Fingerprints

Oct 06 2008 : Yellow sheet received instructing me to bring originals to interview

Oct 24 2008 : Interview letter received

Dec 08 2008 : Interview Scheduled, Atlanta

******** Interview & Oath Ceremony...now a US citizen..********

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Guys,

my case was just approved at CSC and is now transferred to NVC. I am current on Chart B.

How long does it usually take in this case for NVC to receive the case and send a Welcome Letter?

I assume 1 month. Could that be too optimistic?

On 8/31/2017 at 9:30 AM, bilalkhan28 said:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Hi Guys,

my case was just approved at CSC and is now transferred to NVC. I am current on Chart B.

How long does it usually take in this case for NVC to receive the case and send a Welcome Letter?

I assume 1 month. Could that be too optimistic?

1 mon - 2 mons for NVC to receive your letter.

3 mons - 6 mons for welcome letter

Timeline
2 minutes ago, myao said:

1 mon - 2 mons for NVC to receive your letter.

3 mons - 6 mons for welcome letter

3 to 6 months? Wow, why would they need so long to start with the process? 

Also, once you have the WL, how long does it take to finish up all steps so that you are ready

to send them the IV package? I read that between each step there are weeks to wait before

you can pay for the next step and proceed? So, in total from WL to be able to send IV package,

again 1-2 month?

Edited by Michael2017

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

3 to 6 months? Wow, why would they need so long to start with the process? 

Also, once you have the WL, how long does it take to finish up all steps so that you are ready

to send them the IV package? I read that between each step there are weeks to wait before

you can pay for the next step and proceed? So, in total from WL to be able to send IV package,

again 1-2 month?

Not sure why they need that long but I am guessing they still control the number of applicants based on available visas. During my time, we waited 6 months before getting our welcome letter. It took me a week to complete our WL. This included paying and waiting for payments to clear. We were lucky as our payments got cleared very fast. 

I wait for no one so even before our WL arrived, our AOS and documents were ready for mailing. When our WL arrived we paid our invoices and printed our bar code pages. After one month, we got case complete.

Our pd was Feb 2015 and our NVC experience happend on Oct 2015. I think NVC changed its procedure already so I am not sure if my timeline is still accurate. 

Timeline

Thanks. One more question. I am travelling a lot and I am almost never at home. I understand that the Welcome letter with bar code will be sent to the beneficiary abroad, not to the petitioner. What If I never get the letter due to my travel? Can I request them to send it to another address or can I get it by email? Also, will the petitioner receive a copy of the welcome letter? Is it send with dhl or registered mail or by normal mail? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey folks!

My daughter-in-law finished her interview successfully on 9 Nov. The officer asked her several questions about how n where they met, how many people attended the wedding, about co-sponsors, in-laws. At the end of it she told her about the approval and that ended all the months of anxieties and worries. She should be picking up her passport this week. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

Thanks. One more question. I am travelling a lot and I am almost never at home. I understand that the Welcome letter with bar code will be sent to the beneficiary abroad, not to the petitioner. What If I never get the letter due to my travel? Can I request them to send it to another address or can I get it by email? Also, will the petitioner receive a copy of the welcome letter? Is it send with dhl or registered mail or by normal mail? 

The beneficiary and the petitioner will receive the welcome letter via emails. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.