1,749 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, kelii_jam said:

you pay the green card fee.... here in Jamaica they tell us we can pay the green card fee after we migrate (which is what my mother did with my two brothers)

OK!

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey guys, i have an important question. My mother (the petitioner) doesnt work enough money so my aunt (a LPR in the US) volunteered to be my joint sponsor. She(my aunt) was recently in Jamaica on vacation so I decided to get all of the affidavit documents from her at that time. She didnt want to write on the i-864 because she has terrible handwriting so I wrote it up while she relayed all the information to me. My question is, am I allowed to be a preparer of the i-864 seeing that I am the applicant?

any insight will really be helpful because i am kinda of nervous about having signed it up

9 hours ago, kelii_jam said:

hey guys, i have an important question. My mother (the petitioner) doesnt work enough money so my aunt (a LPR in the US) volunteered to be my joint sponsor. She(my aunt) was recently in Jamaica on vacation so I decided to get all of the affidavit documents from her at that time. She didnt want to write on the i-864 because she has terrible handwriting so I wrote it up while she relayed all the information to me. My question is, am I allowed to be a preparer of the i-864 seeing that I am the applicant?

any insight will really be helpful because i am kinda of nervous about having signed it up

you can fill out all the questions but your aunt have to sign the application.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
25 minutes ago, kelii_jam said:

@hygor_souza did you have to carry in additional Affidavit at your interview?...if yes, did you have to carry a job letter for the sponsor or is the W2 form sufficient?

My wife went with a new Affidavit of Support forms, 2016 W2s and a letter from my job but none of them was taken or looked at. They only took the medicals, Passport pics and Passports

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, strongmyk said:

My wife went with a new Affidavit of Support forms, 2016 W2s and a letter from my job but none of them was taken or looked at. They only took the medicals, Passport pics and Passports

okay, thanks for your reply :)

On 4/4/2017 at 10:11 PM, hygor_souza said:

After the approved visa, I have to pay the green card fee or I have to pay some visa fee?

you have to pay the green card fee of $220.00

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, kelii_jam said:

@hygor_souza did you have to carry in additional Affidavit at your interview?...if yes, did you have to carry a job letter for the sponsor or is the W2 form sufficient?

I just took the w2 and the 2016 tax

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.