FluffYou

Unemployed! HELP!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think you are mistaken on timelines- at once stage you mention getting a K1 in 3 months- that won't happen. You are looking at 6+ months realistically, unless you get incredibly lucky.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been staying here for 2 months so if we decide to do the DCF visa, we only have to wait 4 more months to file for it correct? Is it faster than a K1 visa? If not, how much longer will it take? Also if we file for a K-1 and get rejected can we wait until I've been here for 6 months and then immediately file for a DCF?

File K1. Get interview in a few months. If they don't ask for I-134 then your set, if they need co sponsor then offer one, if they want to see checks, then go home and get a job or two and show paychecks.

I doubt K1 will be rejected. Or you could just spend a few months in PHilippines, Hang out. Go back home, get a job and then file K1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K1 approval is from 13 days to about 60 days on average for Philippines

Our K1 was well over 60 days, more like 8 months. It really depends on the load of the office in the U.S. I also disagree with the getting into secondary education in a foreign country, a degree in the U.S. almost means nothing in this day, unless it is necessary like Dr. I wouldn't recommend someone get a degree in another country and expect it to help unless they are in a field it really matters.

OP is your family not willing to help with co-sponsorship?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is that because at the end of the year they realize they have enough open spots for visa applicants to enter the US? I am wondering if that means that if we apply now, once it is time for the interview they most likely wont ask or care if we meet the financial requirements? I guess what I am wondering is if we are okay, what do you think?

Is that because at the end of the year they realize they have enough open spots for visa applicants to enter the US? I am wondering if that means that if we apply now, once it is time for the interview they most likely wont ask or care if we meet the financial requirements? I guess what I am wondering is if we are okay, what do you think?

you are speaking of the tourist visa, B1/B2. Not a K-1 or CR-1, as there are no numerical limitations on these.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

File K1. Get interview in a few months. If they don't ask for I-134 then your set, if they need co sponsor then offer one, if they want to see checks, then go home and get a job or two and show paychecks.

I doubt K1 will be rejected. Or you could just spend a few months in PHilippines, Hang out. Go back home, get a job and then file K1.

I'm just completely curious since I don't have this issue and all but you said "go home and get a job or two"....just how long would somebody need to be making an appropriate amount of money before the gov would consider that enough evidence of ability to support both parties? Don't they take the support issue kinda seriously? Plus, just sayin, this kid doesn't seem like he's wanting to wait too long nor willing to leave his girl behind to get things going stateside (understandable though it is).

event.png

event.png

event.png

i suggest to gather all requirements wether its k1 or cr1.its better than late than never,

but you said u pay the visa,right? now thts make me confuse, you filled k1 visa and you ready for interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You paid an interview fee already? But you haven't filed anything yet? To whom did you pay?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

You paid an interview fee already? But you haven't filed anything yet? To whom did you pay?

That's what I'm wondering, you can't pay the interview unless you have a case number from NVC which you can't get until after you've gotten approval from USCIS, which you can't get unless you file a petition, which they haven't done.

Something's fishy with this person...asking a million questions about the fastest way to get to the U.S.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Our K1 was well over 60 days, more like 8 months. It really depends on the load of the office in the U.S. I also disagree with the getting into secondary education in a foreign country, a degree in the U.S. almost means nothing in this day, unless it is necessary like Dr. I wouldn't recommend someone get a degree in another country and expect it to help unless they are in a field it really matters.

Your K1 was submitted 3 years ago.

Rate of approval change, as I said average approval time is about 13 days to 2 months for PHilippines

I have watched approval times for Philippines off and on since 2007. They fluctuate, but in general they are fast compared to other countries

Timeline

That's what I'm wondering, you can't pay the interview unless you have a case number from NVC which you can't get until after you've gotten approval from USCIS, which you can't get unless you file a petition, which they haven't done.

Something's fishy with this person...asking a million questions about the fastest way to get to the U.S.

Yea I was thinking you needed Case Number in order to pay for interview

Timeline

With K1, I think you can pay though. The case # is not asked when paying the MRV fee. However, they can't schedule any appointment because they don't have the case #. (If I remember it correctly, the case number is needed for the ustraveldocs profile) What I was wondering is how did they come up with that step first?

When my fiance and I were starting the application(even before finding visajourney as our guide), we never thought of paying the mrv fee as the first step.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancé and I are currently staying together in the Philippines for the past two months, we have been friends for a long time and in a relationship for a while. I've been here for 2 months already. We are seeking advice on how we should proceed, originally we decided to do the fiancé visa process but I was wondering if you have any other ideas. I am 21 and my fiancé is 19, also I am not employed so I do not meet the financial requirements for the visa process, I was employed by an accounting firm last year but took a break from work to discover what I want to do, so I was wondering if a co-sponsor is the right way to proceed.

Thank you so much for your help on this matter and we both are looking forward to any advice you may have for us! We are hoping that our circumstances wont keep us apart.

Being you are currently living here in the Philippines, may I suggest you get married in the Philippines then complete the CR/IR-1 spousal visa, using the DCF (Direct Consulate Filing). Once you have your marriage certificate from NSO you can then complete everything for the visa in about 60 days. (compared to a year filing from the USA) With an immigrant visa USEM has to accept a qualified co-sponsor, which makes things much, much easier.

For more info on the DCF process and some helpful suggestions, pop over to the Philippines forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would it get denied if the co sponsor is her relative and not mine? We met online by the way, if ever you are wondering. And I came here without a visa but got an extension of stay from the bureau of immigration.

Using the IR/CR-1 the co-sponsor does not even have to be a relative, just needs to be qualified, so in answer to your question, no issue if the relative is a relative of your fiancee.

The spousal visa is absolutely your best bet... and if you have been in the Philippines at least 6 months, there is no issue with using the DCF process

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Being you are currently living here in the Philippines, may I suggest you get married in the Philippines then complete the CR/IR-1 spousal visa, using the DCF (Direct Consulate Filing). Once you have your marriage certificate from NSO you can then complete everything for the visa in about 60 days. (compared to a year filing from the USA) With an immigrant visa USEM has to accept a qualified co-sponsor, which makes things much, much easier.

For more info on the DCF process and some helpful suggestions, pop over to the Philippines forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Yes, I agree. Try and look at DCF.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.