FluffYou

Unemployed! HELP!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

K1 approval is from 13 days to about 60 days on average for Philippines

did you mean I-129F approval, at USCIS? Cause K1 approval , the visa itself, occurs at the IV Unit in Manila, and mostly, the beneficiary controls most of that calendar prior to interview date.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've been staying here for 2 months so if we decide to do the DCF visa, we only have to wait 4 more months to file for it correct? Is it faster than a K1 visa? If not, how much longer will it take? Also if we file for a K-1 and get rejected can we wait until I've been here for 6 months and then immediately file for a DCF?

Yes that is correct, you need 6 months in the Philippines for the DCF. Even with waiting 4 month it is still quicker that filing the I-130 through USCIS. During your 4 months of waiting you get married, get your marriage recorded, then get a copy from PSA (NSO) which could take close to 4 months. After that it is DCF time.. and about 60 days later after your visa is approved you are flying to the USA

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I'm just completely curious since I don't have this issue and all but you said "go home and get a job or two"....just how long would somebody need to be making an appropriate amount of money before the gov would consider that enough evidence of ability to support both parties? Don't they take the support issue kinda seriously? Plus, just sayin, this kid doesn't seem like he's wanting to wait too long nor willing to leave his girl behind to get things going stateside (understandable though it is).

in the real world - that's

1 tax year above the 125% poverty line level and a job this year showing current annual income above the 125% thresh-hold,

but

for the PI? at Manila IV? Things 'vary' there. Variances become gospel, info gets bandied about as truth. grrr.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

did you mean I-129F approval, at USCIS? Cause K1 approval , the visa itself, occurs at the IV Unit in Manila, and mostly, the beneficiary controls most of that calendar prior to interview date.

129F approval from USCIS

Timeline

129F approval from USCIS

ok. that comes about (a fast turn-around time) because of the internal memo for fast adjudication for manila-bound petitions because of the devastation of/from the Haiyan typhoon several years back. Soon, that fast adjudication will end.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ok. that comes about (a fast turn-around time) because of the internal memo for fast adjudication for manila-bound petitions because of the devastation of/from the Haiyan typhoon several years back. Soon, that fast adjudication will end.

I had the fast turnaround back in 2008 in Philippines also.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi! Thank you for all your answers!

We paid the MRV fee at BPI bank so it's legit and no one asked for a case number from NVC, we can't schedule an interview yet though. I was following the steps at www.ustraveldocs.com! We really just got confused.

This is a forum you can ask questions, to those who said it "sounds fishy", it isn't that we are doing anything bad, my fiance is here with me in the Philippines and he wants to go home with me at his side. He is looking forward to going home and introducing me to his family, we are both just very excited to be in the states!

He has been living here in the Phil. with me for 2 months already so after 4 months we could get married then file for a DCF visa? Is that what you are saying? :) or should we get married now then wait for 6 months and file for the DCF?

Isn't the fiancé visa faster to attain though?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We paid the MRV fee at BPI bank so it's legit and no one asked for a case number from NVC, we can't schedule an interview yet though. I was following the steps at www.ustraveldocs.com! We really just got confused.

This is a forum you can ask questions, to those who said it "sounds fishy", it isn't that we are doing anything bad, my fiance is here with me in the Philippines and he wants to go home with me at his side. He is looking forward to going home and introducing me to his family, we are both just very excited to be in the states!

He has been living here in the Phil. with me for 2 months already so after 4 months we could get married then file for a DCF visa? Is that what you are saying? :) or should we get married now then wait for 6 months and file for the DCF?

At this point DCF is your best route.

Timeline

You were advised to do DCF because of the income/affidavit of support issue. With K1, co-sponsor is a risk. Some get accepted, some do not. So, if you go the K1 route, it's a gamble to use a co-sponsor. We will not be able to answer if it could accepted or not. Only the American Consul can fell you but you wont know until the interview.

If you do go for K1, best case scenario, in 3 months time you can get from NOA1 to interview to Issued visa. However, worst case scenario, still 3-6 months NOA1 to Interview but Administrative Review- 221g(if they didnt accept your co sponsor, if you have one)which would make your case much longer. Your 221g would most probably for your fiance to get a job and prove he can support you. Who knows how long can that take. 221g ahould be accomplished within a year though.

With DCF, you are married... Long story short. They accept co sponsors for DCF. 100%

Edited by CaliforniaBae

Timeline

So fiance visa is faster but more risky than DCF? Doesnt DCF have a much higher rejection rate?

With Manila just about everyone is approved as long as you dot your I's and cross your T's.

Fiancee is not necessarily faster at this point, plus after DCF you'll be able to work as soon as you get to the states and won't have to adjust status or shell out extra money.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Will he lose his citizenship? If a US citizen becomes naturalized to another country he loses his US citizenship. If he stays here over 6 months wont he lose his citizenship?

Timeline

So fiance visa is faster but more risky than DCF? Doesnt DCF have a much higher rejection rate?

Honestly, I'm not sure about DCF's rejection rate. I did see some approvals before for those who have stayed together in the Philippines for a while. I only have experience with K1.

I do understand that you want it fast and of course to get approved. Also, everyone here understands how difficult to be apart from their love.

But this is how I see the situation realistically:

You want it fast? Yes maybe go for k1 but... co-sponsor we don't know if they will allow... Which could make it longer...

You need a co sponsor? Go for Spousal visa they accept co-sponsor but... It takes more time than K1

You want DCF? It's fast, accept co-sponsors but... needs more time to prove relationship(some couples show joint bank accounts, electric bills in their name... Etc)

Try to weigh things. Maybe some sacrifices need to be made. Whether it's time, distance...

It's just my opinion. I hope it all work out. God bless both of you.

Edited by CaliforniaBae

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

He's going to apply for a citizenship in the Philippines?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think you are confused. Living in a country doesn't mean you get citizenship- plus, US citizens do not loose their citizenship when they take another.

I agree DCF is your best option, both for the financial issue and in terms of processing time, it would likely take about the same time, or at least not be much longer than a K1 filed now. You can get married anytime, but those with local experience recommended you get married soon, so you can get the marriage cert and everything needed on the Phils side now, and be ready to file for a CR-1 spousal visa via DCF as soon as he is in the country for 6 months.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.