Tom1440

Did she just want a green card? Money?

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You are confusing, common sense and reasoning with naive and gullible. If she only cared about the green card she wouldn't get upset about the pre-nup. My wife got upset when I mentioned pre-nup, I don't think she is a gold digger just a normal female. As the OP hasn't been back online odds are they are still together. I could come online and string together a list of the worst things my wife has done and everyone would be like she's here for a green card, or wants my money. But nothing could be further from the truth. IMO the OP wanted people to agree with him which is what most people mad at their significant others seem to want with this forum. It's so easy to agree with someone telling a story of what they choose to tell about another person. I don't see this story adding up, there's too many things that don't make sense plus an extremely emotional Asian girl in the middle. They drive about as well as they argue when angry.

Once again, you must stick to the story as it is, otherwise, you're not making sense.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Again, the OP hasn't logged on to VJ since July 20. Any more bickering or judgmental posts will result in closure of this thread or more.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

TBonez - might as well close it - what say you and yours?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Timeline

Whoa, had no idea this would be such a hot topic. I have been away continuing with life and taking this as a learning experience. She has allegedly booked a plane ticket back to Vietnam in two days. Knowing her she probably booked a ticket to another state where someone will petition for her. Time will tell.

You are confusing, common sense and reasoning with naive and gullible. If she only cared about the green card she wouldn't get upset about the pre-nup. My wife got upset when I mentioned pre-nup, I don't think she is a gold digger just a normal female. As the OP hasn't been back online odds are they are still together. I could come online and string together a list of the worst things my wife has done and everyone would be like she's here for a green card, or wants my money. But nothing could be further from the truth. IMO the OP wanted people to agree with him which is what most people mad at their significant others seem to want with this forum. It's so easy to agree with someone telling a story of what they choose to tell about another person. I don't see this story adding up, there's too many things that don't make sense plus an extremely emotional Asian girl in the middle. They drive about as well as they argue when angry.

To assume I am back with her is nonsense. I have realized this individual is irrational, among other things. Out of curiosity, what qualifies a person as a gold digger in your book? What if a girl wanted a Tiffany's engagement ring (I think starting price is $12k :wow: )? What if she asked if half your income goes to her? What if she asks you to buy her designer gifts, purses, and dresses? You are entitled to your opinions. Now I'm not saying she IS a gold digger. However, her actions/words lead me to believe she is to some degree. All I wanted were outsider opinions/views, whether they agree with me or not. The story doesn't add up because you don't have all the details. Given that I'm in this situation, I even have difficulties understanding it. One moment she's loving and compassionate then does a complete 180.

I know some people are sensitive to prenups. But how about a little compromise and understanding from the other party? I'm still trying to understand how she can blame me for "wasting her time" when I decided to marry her (out of love despite not being completely ready) on the condition that we have a prenup, to which she rejected on two occasions. After the first time she rejected, she wanted to go see a lawyer to get the prenup. I said, "No way! You rejected the offer so now it's gone. What makes you think I'm going to change immediately change my mind? You make me question your motives." Maybe not the right words to say but whatever, it's over and now is the time to move on.

I'm considering some action to preserve to legal system so it is not abused. My rationale is that if I see a crime committed in front of me, I'd help and call the police. Knowing what this individual is trying to do, I feel obligated to do the same and notify the authorities. In no way is it out of bitterness.

Filed: Timeline

Whoa, had no idea this would be such a hot topic. I have been away continuing with life and taking this as a learning experience. She has allegedly booked a plane ticket back to Vietnam in two days. Knowing her she probably booked a ticket to another state where someone will petition for her. Time will tell.

To assume I am back with her is nonsense. I have realized this individual is irrational, among other things. Out of curiosity, what qualifies a person as a gold digger in your book? What if a girl wanted a Tiffany's engagement ring (I think starting price is $12k :wow: )? What if she asked if half your income goes to her? What if she asks you to buy her designer gifts, purses, and dresses? You are entitled to your opinions. Now I'm not saying she IS a gold digger. However, her actions/words lead me to believe she is to some degree. All I wanted were outsider opinions/views, whether they agree with me or not. The story doesn't add up because you don't have all the details. Given that I'm in this situation, I even have difficulties understanding it. One moment she's loving and compassionate then does a complete 180.

I know some people are sensitive to prenups. But how about a little compromise and understanding from the other party? I'm still trying to understand how she can blame me for "wasting her time" when I decided to marry her (out of love despite not being completely ready) on the condition that we have a prenup, to which she rejected on two occasions. After the first time she rejected, she wanted to go see a lawyer to get the prenup. I said, "No way! You rejected the offer so now it's gone. What makes you think I'm going to change immediately change my mind? You make me question your motives." Maybe not the right words to say but whatever, it's over and now is the time to move on.

I'm considering some action to preserve to legal system so it is not abused. My rationale is that if I see a crime committed in front of me, I'd help and call the police. Knowing what this individual is trying to do, I feel obligated to do the same and notify the authorities. In no way is it out of bitterness.

Just being such irrational and desperate is by itself a prelude to a miserable life to begin with. I am proud of men like you who do not let their heart control their head!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

1. yes

2. no

3. right

folks with student visas have little to no options to continue to live in usa,

as they are supposed to return to their home countries

and

use their foreign degree to better their country. That's the compact between the two countries. Folk forget that, alas.

and no, she's not coming in to see me, I swear !

i always enjoy reading your comments :)

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

• 2 years later...

Hi, first I am sorry for your feelings. It hurts, it's sad, but sooner than later you would suffer anyway. I am a victim of a green card hunter. Yes, they want a commitment, yes they want fast. They can not stay in the country without papers and the easy way is to get married. After I married a green card hunter, he became abusive and threatened me when I tried to cancel the green card. He was trying to use vawa against me to get the papers. It was a nightmare, but I finally run away from our home and cancel the application. He is on the run now probably trying to find another victim. Say goodbye and be happy, if she is able to pay for married is a red flag! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Laudiceia said:

Hi, first I am sorry for your feelings. It hurts, it's sad, but sooner than later you would suffer anyway. I am a victim of a green card hunter. Yes, they want a commitment, yes they want fast. They can not stay in the country without papers and the easy way is to get married. After I married a green card hunter, he became abusive and threatened me when I tried to cancel the green card. He was trying to use vawa against me to get the papers. It was a nightmare, but I finally run away from our home and cancel the application. He is on the run now probably trying to find another victim. Say goodbye and be happy, if she is able to pay for married is a red flag! 

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I'm glad you got out of that situation and was able to move on with your life.

Btw, did you notice you replied to a topic from 2015? :jest:

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I'm glad you got out of that situation and was able to move on with your life.

Btw, did you notice you replied to a topic from 2015? :jest:

2015 and she succeeded in getting both her and the "brother" citizenship. I lost my home but was successful at defeating the abuse claims. (It was all lies) I have talked to people from here trying to sue USCIS, VOICE office, letters to every branch of government, etc. because it is outrageous that she with nothing to lose could attack me like that with their help and how do you get your money back from that? They responded to an eviction just to respond and cost me money which her lawyer even admitted in court. Had already moved out. Drove my car without coolant in it because the court was going to make them give it back, etc. People wonder why I voted for Trump? Sadly, he seems to be only targeting specific nationalities and not the Russians...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~2 Year old thread locked to further discussion. The OP has not been back on in over 2 years.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.