1,226 posts in this topic

Received my green card in the mail last Friday!!! It expires in 10 years!! Only thing is they misspelled my first name. They have 2 f's in my name. There should only be one f. Can I travel out of the country with this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Received my green card in the mail last Friday!!! It expires in 10 years!! Only thing is they misspelled my first name. They have 2 f's in my name. There should only be one f. Can I travel out of the country with this?

I would make copies of it and then send it back so they fix their error! Better to be safe than sorry. Congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I filed my AOS in July, no news about interview or GC. I sent an inquiry that why my case is taking longer than USCIS processing time. I should have received my GC last year!! :crying: :crying:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations to all who got a GC!!!

I filed my AOS in July, no news about interview or GC. I sent an inquiry that why my case is taking longer than USCIS processing time. I should have received my GC last year!! :crying: :crying:

Hang in there, wish you get a good news soon,

I filed two weeks after you and I got interviews date on Jan 25rd. Was so excited then snowstorm was a nightmare, my interviews got cancelled. Now I just received another interview date. Which it will be on March. This whole waiting process is just a pain. Can't wait to get it done and stay away from it for another 2 more years!

Wish you best of luck!!

Edited by CathyCNC

-My Timeline-

Mar 21, 2015 »»» Got Married

Jul 15, 2015 »»» Sent out AOS Package

Jul 17, 2015 »»» Package delivered

Jul 22, 2015 »»» Received NOA1 texts

Jul 23, 2015 »»» Check cashed

Jul 30, 2015 »»» Got NOA1 hard copy

Jul 31, 2015 »»» Received Biometric schedule letter for 8/10/15

Aug 10, 2015 »»» Biometrics done!

Aug 12, 2015 »»» Online status updated "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview"

Sep 21, 2015 »»» EAD and AP approved

Sep 24, 2015 »»» EAD mailed out

Sep 25, 2015 »»» Letter of approval for EAD arrived

Sep 26, 2015 »»» Combo card arrived

Dec 22, 2015 »»» email and text received for interview schedule date

Dec 24, 2015 »»» letter for interview schedule arrived the appointment date is "01/25/2016" only few days after my BD woo-hoo!!

Good luck in your journey, Everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Finally! We had our interview yesterday (because my husband was adjusting from B visa, I know that here everybody went through different procedure and there is another topic for people like us, but I've been following this topic from the very beginning).

It was great, fast and even funny. I've spent more time collecting all paperwork day before than this interview lasted.

An officer told us immediately that our petition is already approved and it is just a standard procedure to make sure that we are still married and to get again all answer to the questionnaire in I-485.

At the end he said we would get the GC by mail within 4 weeks. I am so happy that this journey is over.

And congratulations to those who have already received everything and good luck to those who are still waiting.

We had our interview last Tuesday, Feb 9th at Federal Plaza in NYC. We collected all the necessary papers, made a neatly organized folder, brought new W2's for my husband and his parents who are my joint sponsor + household member, a ton of pictures, ConEd bills and joint bank statements for the last 6 months. We even went through all the possible questions the night before. We arrived about 15 minutes early and waited for about an hour which was a total pain, because we didn't have time to have breakfast before heading out and were starving, haha! Then a Hispanic lady called our number and showed us the way to her tiny office cubicle. She didn't seem to be even one bit interested in us, to be honest. She asked if we had brought anything to show her. I told her I had all the originals from what we sent with our package already, pictures, bills etc and put a few organized piles of papers on the table. She asked us how we met and if we have met each others parents, while looking through the photos (we had about 100 and she looked through all of them). She went through a few of the yes or no questions from the application with me (if I've ever been arrested etc). Then her office phone rang and she was talking to what seemed to be her mother's doctor for about 5 minutes. My husband and I were talking to each other trying to figure out where to have breakfast after the interview in the meanwhile. After she got off the phone, she apologized briefly and said I can give her whatever photos I like and also took all of the bank statements and the latest ConEd bill we had brought. She explained about removing conditions on the GC after 2 years and said her decision might take 30-90 days and she'll contact us if she needs anything further. I asked if it's going to be a problem that we haven't filed our taxes for 2015 yet and if we might have to send in the returns when we get them to which she replied it's not an issue at all and it won't be necessary. After that we were done. The whole thing lasted literally no more than 10 minutes and was so unbelievably easy. I am a VWP overstay and did not enter the country on a K1 visa like the majority of people in this thread (it is way more active than any other threads!), so we were very worried how this is going to be looked upon, but it wasn't even mentioned. Also, we did our paperwork on our own with no RFE's, so yay! Yesterday (48 hours after the interview) I got a notice that my case has been approved. Time for champagne!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Edited by Reti

AOS timeline:
06.25.2014 Wedding
07.09.2015 Mailed out AOS paperwork (I-130, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
07.10.2015 AOS paperwork delivered to Chicago Lockbox
07.17.2015 Electronic NOA-1's for everything
07.20.2015 Hard copies of NOA-1's for everything
07.25.2015 Received letter for Biometrics appointment
08.03.2015 Biometrics appointment in NYC
09.14.2015 EAD approved

09.23.2015 EAD card received in mail

01.06.2016 Received notice that the interview has been scheduled

02.09.2016 Interview

02.11.2016 I-130 & I-485 Approved

02.19.2016 Green Card in hand!

ROC timeline:

01.08.2018 ROC package mailed to VSC

01.10.2018 Package delivered to VSC

01.18.2018 Check cashed

01.20.2018 NOA received in mail

02.19.2018 Biometrics letter received in mail (dated 02.09.2018)

02.26.2018 Biometrics appointment in NYC

03.26.2019 Case approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Finally! We had our interview yesterday (because my husband was adjusting from B visa, I know that here everybody went through different procedure and there is another topic for people like us, but I've been following this topic from the very beginning).

It was great, fast and even funny. I've spent more time collecting all paperwork day before than this interview lasted.

An officer told us immediately that our petition is already approved and it is just a standard procedure to make sure that we are still married and to get again all answer to the questionnaire in I-485.

At the end he said we would get the GC by mail within 4 weeks. I am so happy that this journey is over.

And congratulations to those who have already received everything and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Congrats!

We had our interview last Tuesday, Feb 9th at Federal Plaza in NYC. We collected all the necessary papers, made a neatly organized folder, brought new W2's for my husband and his parents who are my joint sponsor + household member, a ton of pictures, ConEd bills and joint bank statements for the last 6 months. We even went through all the possible questions the night before. We arrived about 15 minutes early and waited for about an hour which was a total pain, because we didn't have time to have breakfast before heading out and were starving, haha! Then a Hispanic lady called our number and showed us the way to her tiny office cubicle. She didn't seem to be even one bit interested in us, to be honest. She asked if we had brought anything to show her. I told her I had all the originals from what we sent with our package already, pictures, bills etc and put a few organized piles of papers on the table. She asked us how we met and if we have met each others parents, while looking through the photos (we had about 100 and she looked through all of them). She went through a few of the yes or no questions from the application with me (if I've ever been arrested etc). Then her office phone rang and she was talking to what seemed to be her mother's doctor for about 5 minutes. My husband and I were talking to each other trying to figure out where to have breakfast after the interview in the meanwhile. After she got off the phone, she apologized briefly and said I can give her whatever photos I like and also took all of the bank statements and the latest ConEd bill we had brought. She explained about removing conditions on the GC after 2 years and said her decision might take 30-90 days and she'll contact us if she needs anything further. I asked if it's going to be a problem that we haven't filed our taxes for 2015 yet and if we might have to send in the returns when we get them to which she replied it's not an issue at all and it won't be necessary. After that we were done. The whole thing lasted literally no more than 10 minutes and was so unbelievably easy. I am a VWP overstay and did not enter the country on a K1 visa like the majority of people in this thread (it is way more active than any other threads!), so we were very worried how this is going to be looked upon, but it wasn't even mentioned. Also, we did our paperwork on our own with no RFE's, so yay! Yesterday (48 hours after the interview) I got a notice that my case has been approved. Time for champagne!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In true USCIS style, they mailed my card to my old address despite accepting my address change online. And in true USPS style, despite having our mail forwarded, they dropped it in our old mailbox. It should never even have left the post office to get to our old address when it's been forwarded! Now to figure out how to get my card across the country...

Same here. Even the processing time table shows that they have completed the applications filed later than mine was. :)

As long as it's not lost or something like that I'm fine with it.

The bad thing is if they schedule the interview later than June I will have to do medical examination and renew my work permit.

Thank you USCIS :)

We had our interview yesterday. Green card approved! Very simple process. See you in 2 years!

7/17/15 Got Married!

7/20/15 Submitted AOS/EAD/AP

7/29/15 Checks cashed for I-131 and I-485

8/01/15 Received notices in mail for I-130, I-765, I-131, and 1-485

8/07/15 Received biometrics appt letter

8/21/15 Successful biometrics appt

9/22/15 EAD/AP approval online

9/28/15 Received EAD/AP approval notice in mail

9/30/15 Received EAD/AP card in mail

1/11/16 Interview scheduled for 2/16/16

2/16/16 Green card approval!!

12/16/17 Mailed I-751

12/19/17 Received NOA1

1/23/18 Biometrics

2/26/2019 Conditions removed

3/5/2019 Received 10 year green card

8/30/2019 Submitted N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview last week and it seemed to have gone well. My I-130 has been approved but my I-485 is still pending. Is this normal?

July 17th: Filed I-130, I-485, EAD, AP

July 21th: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

July 24th: Received NOAs

July 30th: Received NOA mail

Aug 8th: Biometrics for Aug 18th

Aug 18th: Biometrics done

Aug 25th: Case is ready for interview I-485

Oct 5: AP Approved, EAD In Production

Feb 11, 2016: interview

Feb 16, 2016: I-130 Approved

Feb 29, 2016: I-485 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

No news on our side either :( You're not alone!

:luv:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had my interview last week and it seemed to have gone well. My I-130 has been approved but my I-485 is still pending. Is this normal?

Not normal but it happen from time to time just hang on a lil bit more and you will be ok. Probably just checking to see if you are eligible for adjustment or if your medical is ok etc. I had my I-130 approve 2wks before my I-485.

07/06/15 Package received by Chicago Lockbox

07/13/15 Finger print fee received

07/15/15 Text and email confirmation

07/21/ 15 Received hard copies of Notice of Action

07/24/15 Biometric Appointment notice for 08/06/15

08/06/15 Biometric completed at Hialeah field office

08/13/15 Online Status RFE sent off today's date

08/18/15 RFE received Sponsor don't meet poverty guideline

08/25/15 Respond to RFE with Job Letter and 9 months pay stubs

08/26/15 RFE delivered and signed for

08/27/15 Online Status RFE received etc..

09/15/15 Called USCIS about EAD/AP and was told I had to summit the applications over because they can't be found.

09/16/15 Sent off package to Chicago Lockbox

09/16/15 Online status Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

09/17/15 EAD/AP delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for again

09/22/15 Online status interview schedule for Oct0ber 23, 2015.

09/24/15 Interview notice in hand dated Sept 18, 2015.

10/23/15 Interview done took about 5mins but wasn't approved because of incomplete medical form.

10/23/15 Request For Evidence #2 delivered to me by I/O.

10/26/15 Received text/email I-130 approved on 23/10/15 and a notice mailed.

10/30/15 Received I-130 Approval Notice.

11/05/15 Delivered my RFE at Hialeah Field Office

11/06/15 Received text/email stating New Card Is Being Produced.

11/13/15 Online status show: On Nov 13, 2015 we mailed your New Card, for receipt number ****to address you gave us.

11/16/15 Green Card in my hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.