1,226 posts in this topic

Hey guys . We received a letter 4 months ago saying it could take up to 6 months to receive his green card and we still haven't heard anything. The letter also said our interview would possibly be waived .... Anyone else receive this type of letter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hey guys . We received a letter 4 months ago saying it could take up to 6 months to receive his green card and we still haven't heard anything. The letter also said our interview would possibly be waived .... Anyone else receive this type of letter

Yes. My husband received same letter, but no news since then :(

:luv:

Timeline

No news on our side either :( You're not alone!

I did not. I figured they would just tell me to wait. I am guessing there are more people like us..it's like 8 months already..and I just recently read someone applied for AOS in January 2016 and GC just showed up in the mail without interview!

Our interview went great...lots of questions though but the key is being yourself. We were approved on the spot.

We're waiting for the card in the mail.

AOS Updates

July 22 2015 Sent AOS packet I-[130, 485 & 765] via Fedex

July 24 2015 Delivered 10am and signed for

July 30 2015 Cash cleared and received NOA-1 via email

Aug 03 2015 Received NOAs for I-[130, 485 & 765] through mail

Aug 07 2015 Received Bio metrics appointment letter through the mail for the 20th of AUG

Aug 20 2015 Bio metrics Appointment done!

Aug 26 2015 Updated Online: Case ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)

Sept 26 2015 Updated Online: Card being produced

Sept 28 2015 EAD Approved Online

Oct 01 2015 Card Mailed

Oct 03 2015 Card Received

Jan 19 2016 AOS Interview notice on the 23rd Feb 2016 received by mail

Feb 23 2016 GC Approved!

Its been a long ride and I can't thank everyone in here enough for their encouragements. Thank you!

For those still waiting, not long now u will be notified by USCIS as well.

Edited by prazzi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!! Did anyone has been scheduled for interview yet? I filed last July 2015 too. Already recieved my AP and EAD. Until now my case status is still ready for interview schedule for my green card, it has been like that since.. My case # starts with MSC.

Edited by s0hee88

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!! Did anyone has been scheduled for interview yet? I filed last July 2015 too. Already recieved my AP and EAD. Until now my case status is still ready for interview schedule for my green card, it has been like that since.. My case # starts with MSC.

I'm guessing they still haven't scheduled a interview yet? Mine was scheduled in January so it takes a while depending on your local office.

Edited by mastakey

July 17th: Filed I-130, I-485, EAD, AP

July 21th: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

July 24th: Received NOAs

July 30th: Received NOA mail

Aug 8th: Biometrics for Aug 18th

Aug 18th: Biometrics done

Aug 25th: Case is ready for interview I-485

Oct 5: AP Approved, EAD In Production

Feb 11, 2016: interview

Feb 16, 2016: I-130 Approved

Feb 29, 2016: I-485 Approved

Timeline

Haven't scheduled for interview yet.. Been waiting since I filed. My current status in the website is still the same "ready to schedule for interview " .. Nothing has changed since.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Haven't scheduled for interview yet.. Been waiting since I filed. My current status in the website is still the same "ready to schedule for interview " .. Nothing has changed since.

Field Office Processing Dates for Denver CO as of: December 31, 2015 Form Form Name Processing Timeframe: I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status February 27, 2015

Looks like Denver is backed up 10months so you might need to wait a bit longer :(

July 17th: Filed I-130, I-485, EAD, AP

July 21th: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

July 24th: Received NOAs

July 30th: Received NOA mail

Aug 8th: Biometrics for Aug 18th

Aug 18th: Biometrics done

Aug 25th: Case is ready for interview I-485

Oct 5: AP Approved, EAD In Production

Feb 11, 2016: interview

Feb 16, 2016: I-130 Approved

Feb 29, 2016: I-485 Approved

I Submitted a service request since the time line shows that I should have received my interview date and even interviewed by now. And they send me this;

Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. Presently, we anticipate that delay to be approximately 6 months from the date of this notice....

It totally doesn't make sense at all.

After this I sent an email to USCIS Ombudsman. Waiting for an answer from there now. If it doesn't work I will ask help from senator's office. If I still don't have the answer I guess I need to call the president ? :)

After receiving Ead very quick, I didn't guess this process would be painful like this.

Hope everybody hears something soon. Honestly, uncertainty started being exhausting as of today.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I filed my AOS early July 2015 as well. My current status on the website is "Fingerprint fee received". I sent an inquiry about my case and they said my case is awaiting an interview. But it's more than 8 months that I'm waiting to receive my interview letter. That's so disappointing :crying:

Timeline

Oh my!!! We're on the same boat!!! I'm hoping we'll hear from them soon.. I just hope they'll not schedule me on May. It's my due date ??

Does your case # starts with MSC too?

Field Office Processing Dates for Denver CO as of: December 31, 2015 Form Form Name Processing Timeframe: I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status February 27, 2015

Looks like Denver is backed up 10months so you might need to wait a bit longer :(

Timeline

I filed my AOS early July 2015 as well. My current status on the website is "Fingerprint fee received". I sent an inquiry about my case and they said my case is awaiting an interview. But it's more than 8 months that I'm waiting to receive my interview letter. That's so disappointing :crying:

Mine says the same. Did you ever receive a letter advising interview could be waived? We did.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Oh my!!! We're on the same boat!!! I'm hoping we'll hear from them soon.. I just hope they'll not schedule me on May. It's my due date ??

Does your case # starts with MSC too?

Yes, my case starts with MSC which is Missouri Service Center.

Mine says the same. Did you ever receive a letter advising interview could be waived? We did.

No, They didn't send me anything regarding interview waiver.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Just got approved for AOS. Did not receive an interview waiver. And did not need an interview.

Good luck to the rest! Almost there!

Feb.23,2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 21, 2018: Received NOA

April.6,2018: Received extension letter 

April.24,2018: Waived Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.