1,226 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Yay! Finally received my 10-year GC today after about 3 years of waiting as a spouse of a PR. The interview went smoothly and we were approved on the spot. Best of luck for those of you who are still waiting.

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Not yet. Still waiting...

Have you received online notification at all when they scheduled your interview? Or you only received the letter?

I'm checking the mail everyday now lol.

Yes, I received the online notification that the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview. It took about 10 days to receive the actual interview letter in the mailbox after the case was updated online. I signed up for text message and every time there was a case update, I got a text message. Although I signed up for email notifications, I never received anything from USCIS.

Hope you get your interview letter soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi,

You are not paying anything for EAD renewal. It says that if you have a pending marriage based I-485, you don't have to pay anything for renewal. I sent my renewal application last month.

And about new biometrics, I just received a notification in the mail saying that they are able to use my 1st biometrics info so I don't have to go through a new one.

If you ask me, I would send the renewal application right away.

And I must say that when I saw the mail in my mailbox, I thought it was my interview notice. I got excited for a second. :)

Thank you Punchy! Let's hope we get some good news soon!

:luv:

Timeline

Yay! Finally received my 10-year GC today after about 3 years of waiting as a spouse of a PR. The interview went smoothly and we were approved on the spot. Best of luck for those of you who are still waiting.

Amazing news! Big Congrats! Hopefully some luck is coming our way.

Timeline

Hi All,

Finally our interview is scheduled today. :) It's on July 28.

Is there a topic here explains what paperwork should we take to the interview?

Congrats!!! Finally your case moved. Yeayy!!! I received reply from Congressman's office yesterday and the letter from USCIS stated that our case was forwarded to Charlotte Field Office. That is few states away! My local field office is 10 mins from my home, so I am not sure why there. Also our online status still shows Fingerprint fee received and phone recording says our case is in Missouri. I'm so confused!!!! We did previously received potential interview waiver.

Timeline

Hi All,

Finally our interview is scheduled today. :) It's on July 28.

Is there a topic here explains what paperwork should we take to the interview?

Congrats! There is a full list of documents you need in the interview letter. Good luck

Congrats!!! Finally your case moved. Yeayy!!! I received reply from Congressman's office yesterday and the letter from USCIS stated that our case was forwarded to Charlotte Field Office. That is few states away! My local field office is 10 mins from my home, so I am not sure why there. Also our online status still shows Fingerprint fee received and phone recording says our case is in Missouri. I'm so confused!!!! We did previously received potential interview waiver.

Wow! great news! Have you been married for more than 18 months? I heard if you are married for more than 18 months, you are eligible to get 10-year GC (without condition). That can be the reason they scheduled an interview although you received potential interview waiver.

Timeline

Congrats! There is a full list of documents you need in the interview letter. Good luck

Wow! great news! Have you been married for more than 18 months? I heard if you are married for more than 18 months, you are eligible to get 10-year GC (without condition). That can be the reason they scheduled an interview although you received potential interview waiver.

We are only married for 1 year and if they scheduled interview in Charlotte we would have to fly there and lose day of work, which my husband does not get. Our local office is 5 minutes from us, but Charlotte is far away. So that is why I am confused. I am guess interview is being waived and that is why it is not in our local office.

Timeline

We are only married for 1 year and if they scheduled interview in Charlotte we would have to fly there and lose day of work, which my husband does not get. Our local office is 5 minutes from us, but Charlotte is far away. So that is why I am confused. I am guess interview is being waived and that is why it is not in our local office.

So I guess you would get your GC in the mailbox if the interview is waived. That's cool!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys! i had my interview today (finally sfter a total of 1 year and 2 weeks of waiting) .. i was surprised the io only asked my info and my husband's name and birthday. and of course our supporting docs . i brought with me our lease of agreement in our apartment, wedding pics, marriage certificate, my baby's birth certificate. She just asked how many guests were in the wedding. and thats it!

the boooo part was , she gave me an Rfe for an updated medical ?? in other word need to repeat and spend more money!!! has anyone here repeated their medical again due to expiration of the previous one? sigh*

hi guys! i had my interview today (finally sfter a total of 1 year and 2 weeks of waiting) .. i was surprised the io only asked my info and my husband's name and birthday. and of course our supporting docs . i brought with me our lease of agreement in our apartment, wedding pics, marriage certificate, my baby's birth certificate. She just asked how many guests were in the wedding. and thats it!

the boooo part was , she gave me an Rfe for an updated medical ?? in other word need to repeat and spend more money!!! has anyone here repeated their medical again due to expiration of the previous one? sigh*

Hi,

Yes I saw some other people had to get a new medical after the interview. And sorry for that.

It's kind of confusing. It says " Validity of the medical examination is 1 year after the date of submission to USCIS" and the question is are they considering the EXACT DATE or the month of submission? In other words, if somebody submits the application on July,8 2015 means medical will be expired on July,9 2016? Or they mean end of the July 2016? (Like your license plate renewal every year.They send a letter with a due date but actually it's due end of that month)

It's really 1mil dollar question... If somebody knows the answer please share.

Timeline

I feel your pain! We are waiting for over 1 year and I know we will have to do another medical, which is not cheap. We are penalized for their delays :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.