Bogota Rocks

Paying IV Fees by Mail - Is This Really My Only Option Right Now?

254 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everyone , we've gotten our IV fee and AOS fee together on the 17th of June, we tried paying online but the site doesn't work it keeps coming up with the following message

"Sign In Failed

The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered do not match our records. Please try again or click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you have forgotten your Case Number or Invoice Identification Number."

not knowing what to do, if to wait for who knows how long until the site works or paying by mail . We decided to give it a try and send the payment through mail which was done yesterday on the 22nd ,,,now we have no idea as to how long it'll take for them to receive, process, and notify the payment..the site still doesn't work for us so we can't see or have any access to our application,,,my question is when is the DS260 supposed to be filled? where can i access this form? we want to start preparing this form if possible to save as much time as we can...any suggestions?

thanks in advanced :thumbs:

Edited by ChrisNina27

USCIS

24 July 2014 - Marriage :wub:

18 August 2014 - I130 sent
19 August 2014- PRIORITY DATE
20 August 2014 - I130 NOA1
:clock:
24 March 2015 - Case was transferred from VSC to CSC :huh:
18 May 2015 - I130 approved NOA2 (271 days )

NVC

17 June 2015- NVC received

17 June 2015- DS261, AOS BILL, IV BILL received

Website down :ranting::protest:
22 June 2015 - AOS BILL, IV BILL paid by mail
22 June 2015 - DS261 submitted by mail
05 July 2015 - WEBSITE BACK ON :dance:
05 July 2015 - DS260 completed
11 July 2015 - AOS & IV package sent
13 July 2015- AOS & IV package received
28 July 2015- Case Complete :D:dance:

19 August 2015 - Mailed & emailed upgrade from F2A to CR1 :thumbs:
27 August 2015- Received email stating that our embassy does not participate in NVC'S electronic processing program therefore we should submit forms through mail (which we had already) :cry:
02 September 2015 - Spoke to supervisor Silvia about our upgrade, found out whoever reply to our email was wrong and she was going to take a look at our case :rolleyes:

09 September 2015 - Confirmed upgrade F2a to CR1 through the phone with Supervisor Silvia (she's an angel) :D
Waiting for Interview date for Naples, Italy :clock:

11 September 2015 - Interview date scheduled for 28th October 2015 :D
14 September 2015 - Received P4 letter email ( interview letter) :dancing:

20 September 2015 - CEAC status changed to IN TRANSIT :thumbs:

21 September 2015 - CEAC status change to READY

NAPLES EMBASSY

27th October 2015 - Medical exam

28th October 2015 - interview (approved!!!) :D :dance:

waiting for news about passport and visa :clock:

4th November - CEAC status changed to ISSUED

5th November - VISA in hand ... yesssss finally! #blessed

8th November - POE MIAMI (the whole process took about 45mn)

19th November - Received SSN by mail ( I had applied for it when asked if i wanted to be issued a SSN in the DS260)

23rd December- Received GC by mail (it took about 45 days from POE) finally :dancing:

Hi everyone , we've gotten our IV fee and AOS fee together on the 17th of June, we tried paying online but the site doesn't work it keeps coming up with the following message

"Sign In Failed

The selected Case Number and Invoice Identification Number combination you entered do not match our records. Please try again or click on the Contact the NVC hyperlink if you have forgotten your Case Number or Invoice Identification Number."

not knowing what to do, if to wait for who knows how long until the site works or paying by mail . We decided to give it a try and send the payment through mail which was done yesterday on the 22nd ,,,now we have no idea as to how long it'll take for them to receive, process, and notify the payment..the site still doesn't work for us so we can't see or have any access to your application,,,my question is when is the DS260 supposed to be filled? where can i access this form? we want to start preparing this form if possible to save as much time as we can...any suggestions?

paying by mail takes almost more than one month ...check my signature to get some idea good luck

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

25/march 2015 Welcome letter received with bar-code letter
05/April 2015 DS 261 Completed
01/April 2015 AOS Fee Paid
10/May 2015 Received letter from NVC for approved my DS 261
18/May 2015 AOS and IV sent....

21 May 2015 Scan date .....received email form NVC on 29 of May

29/May 2015 Sent money order by mail for IV fee

04 june 2015 IV Fee Paid (email from NVC on 10 of June )

22 june 2015 received check list letter from NVC For not filling of ds260 !!!!

25 june 2015 scan date for AOS (check list )

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

interview by 24 sep email received by 31 of august

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Sign In Failed

not knowing what to do, if to wait for who knows how long until the site works or paying by mail . We decided to give it a try and send the payment through mail which was done yesterday on the 22nd ,,,now we have no idea as to how long it'll take for them to receive, process, and notify the payment..the site still doesn't work for us so we can't see or have any access to our application,,,my question is when is the DS260 supposed to be filled? where can i access this form? we want to start preparing this form if possible to save as much time as we can...any suggestions?

ChrisNina,

You sure what you got was not the NVC Welcome Letter? I'm asking because once you get that the next step is to sign into the NVC website to complete the DS-261 and pay your AOS fee first (I've not heard of anyone getting the AOS/IV Fees invoices before completing the DS-261 online first so that's why I'm asking).

Anyway, the DS-260 can only be done online but only after you pay the IV Processing fee (which their website is not allowing us to pay and the reason for this thread).

BTW, from the time I got my NVC Welcome Letter to the time it let me sign in was about 7 days. I was getting the same message you got too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

ChrisNina,

You sure what you got was not the NVC Welcome Letter? I'm asking because once you get that the next step is to sign into the NVC website to complete the DS-261 and pay your AOS fee first (I've not heard of anyone getting the AOS/IV Fees invoices before completing the DS-261 online first so that's why I'm asking).

Anyway, the DS-260 can only be done online but only after you pay the IV Processing fee (which their website is not allowing us to pay and the reason for this thread).

BTW, from the time I got my NVC Welcome Letter to the time it let me sign in was about 7 days. I was getting the same message you got too.

Yes we got the welcome letter stating our case number together with the AOS FEE BILL INVOICE and also the IV FEE BILL INVOICE , in fact we paid all of it together yesterday by mail ,,since we couldn't fill out the DS261 online we called the NVC and they advised us to send a letter stating who was our agent of choice etc and so we did it on the same day, we will keep trying to log in on the site and if we manage to get online before the payment by mail has gone through we will pay again online and then just get a refund. Thank you for the reply

USCIS

24 July 2014 - Marriage :wub:

18 August 2014 - I130 sent
19 August 2014- PRIORITY DATE
20 August 2014 - I130 NOA1
:clock:
24 March 2015 - Case was transferred from VSC to CSC :huh:
18 May 2015 - I130 approved NOA2 (271 days )

NVC

17 June 2015- NVC received

17 June 2015- DS261, AOS BILL, IV BILL received

Website down :ranting::protest:
22 June 2015 - AOS BILL, IV BILL paid by mail
22 June 2015 - DS261 submitted by mail
05 July 2015 - WEBSITE BACK ON :dance:
05 July 2015 - DS260 completed
11 July 2015 - AOS & IV package sent
13 July 2015- AOS & IV package received
28 July 2015- Case Complete :D:dance:

19 August 2015 - Mailed & emailed upgrade from F2A to CR1 :thumbs:
27 August 2015- Received email stating that our embassy does not participate in NVC'S electronic processing program therefore we should submit forms through mail (which we had already) :cry:
02 September 2015 - Spoke to supervisor Silvia about our upgrade, found out whoever reply to our email was wrong and she was going to take a look at our case :rolleyes:

09 September 2015 - Confirmed upgrade F2a to CR1 through the phone with Supervisor Silvia (she's an angel) :D
Waiting for Interview date for Naples, Italy :clock:

11 September 2015 - Interview date scheduled for 28th October 2015 :D
14 September 2015 - Received P4 letter email ( interview letter) :dancing:

20 September 2015 - CEAC status changed to IN TRANSIT :thumbs:

21 September 2015 - CEAC status change to READY

NAPLES EMBASSY

27th October 2015 - Medical exam

28th October 2015 - interview (approved!!!) :D :dance:

waiting for news about passport and visa :clock:

4th November - CEAC status changed to ISSUED

5th November - VISA in hand ... yesssss finally! #blessed

8th November - POE MIAMI (the whole process took about 45mn)

19th November - Received SSN by mail ( I had applied for it when asked if i wanted to be issued a SSN in the DS260)

23rd December- Received GC by mail (it took about 45 days from POE) finally :dancing:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

it will takes 10 days from the date u receive the AOS Bill or the case number assigned to pay it online. It happened to me i waited 10 days and after that i did pay the AOS online and the same day i fill out the ds-261 that time also the system is down as everybody complain but it works after that.... now i am stuck at IV Payment as with everybody here. I will just wait to pay it online. same thing we cannot go anywhere even though we pay it thru mail since the ds-260 doesn't open up....

I paid again online Thursday morning, Friday morning took from my account, switched to pay Friday evening and filled out the ds-260 with confirmation . So plan worked .

i told my relative to pay online and they did like 6 hours ago... but on the website is still shows pay now is it ok i'm meaning it not switch to in progress or any

is the same happened with you ?!!

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

After submitting DS-261, took me 9 weeks for getting IV bill invoice email(11 June 2015). Now today its been 2 weeks still can't pay IV fee online at NVC ceac website. After reading all these comments, I thinks its better for me to wait another 2 weeks until IV fee becomes available online.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

i told my relative to pay online and they did like 6 hours ago... but on the website is still shows pay now is it ok i'm meaning it not switch to in progress or any

is the same happened with you ?!!

no mine went to in progress as soon as I submitted the bank info . Try using internet explorer they say that's the browser to use .

no mine went to in progress as soon as I submitted the bank info . Try using internet explorer they say that's the browser to use .

thank you for your help when we paid we got only : payment had been done ....no email or transaction ID

till now my status same (Pay now) even after checked by internet explorer

do you think it need some time to active the status and switch to in progress ?!!

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

thank you for your help when we paid we got only : payment had been done ....no email or transaction ID

till now my status same (Pay now) even after checked by internet explorer

do you think it need some time to active the status and switch to in progress ?!!

check with the bank and see if it has started to withdraw yet, you should have gotten a transaction number right away, and it also should have went straight to in process it doesn't need time the rest of us that paid again it switched almost instantly .

they told me how to do the refund, I just paid on Friday though and nothing is quick with the nvc so I can't expect to get a reply this fast to the refund request .

hey morgan, can you share what they told you about how to do the refund?

I'm really intrigued in paying it again via online as it is available right now. But really not sure if they can refund as officially it is non-refundable.

i paid by mail on May 21st

NVC received the payment May 29th

NVC cashed the check June 1st

thinking of going with your route, but it's a pain to have to pay the $325 twice!

Dec-2013: Got married

USCIS

18-Sep-2014: Sent I-130 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

23-Sep-2014: Received NOA1 - routed to Nebraska SC

09-Mar-2015: Received RFE (Marriage Cert)

16-Mar-2015: Sent RFE to NSC

17-Mar-2015: NSC Received Docs for RFE

24-Mar-2015: Received NOA2 - Online notification

31-Mar-2015: Received NOA2 - by mail

06-Apr-2015: NVC Received case from USCIS

NVC

15-Apr-2015: Got assigned NVC Case #, IIN #

20-Apr-2015: Submitted DS-261

21-Apr-2015: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill

22-Apr-2015: Paid AOS Bill

24-Apr-2015: AOS Payment processed

29-Apr-2015: NVC updated our account that the petitioner is the agent

06-May-2015: Received IV Fee Invoice

21-May-2015: Sent IV Fee via mail with a cashier's check (Online payment was down)

27-May-2015: Sent Civil & Financial documents to NVC

01-Jun-2015: NVC Cashed the check

08-Jun-2015: NVC Received the documents sent on 5/27

09-Oct-2015: Received RFE for Police Certificate, but n/a for Indonesia. Put on Supervisor's list

17-Nov-2015: Case Complete at NVC

US Embassy

16-Dec-2015: Medical Checkup, ready in 3 days

06-Jan-2016: Interview Date - Approved!

13-Jan-2016: Passport & Visa in hand

xx-xxx-2016: POE (TBD)

Filed: Timeline

Here is the question I have.

Has anyone paid the IV fee by mail ?

How long until it shows IV Fee as PAID at the CEAC website?

How long did you wait until the DS-260 was available?

From what I am reading, mailing in the IV payment is a waste of time and money, they will cash the check and then nothing on the website is ever updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.