Bogota Rocks

Paying IV Fees by Mail - Is This Really My Only Option Right Now?

254 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by CC, but my suggestion is to go ahead and send in all your AOS/IV Financial Document and Supporting Documents in one packet so it starts getting reviewed while your IV Processing Fee is open to pay online. I've read from several people who've had success getting their cases processed this way. In fact, it was recommended to do this as soon as possible to start the clock ticking (up to 60 days from the day their receive your documents to the time it's approved).

I mailed all my AOS/IV documentation last Thursday via Fed Ex to get the ball rolling on my step-son's case. Now I'm just waiting for the IV Fee to open up so that I can pay it and eventually complete the DS-260. Again, my recommendation is not to mail your IV Fee but to wait until it opens up online. BTW, disclaimer, this is just my experience and recommendations so please don't hold me accountable..lol.

Laz

all this website difficulties is really causing such problems.

Am I correct in stating that it is the receipt of AOS/IV docs - not the completion of the DS-260 - that actually triggers or starts the process of CC? I am trying to decide whether I should send in our AOS/IV docs now before paying the IV fee/DS-260. I received an email invoicing the IV fee with instructions on how to pay by mail if I cannot pay online (which I cant). I am reluctant to pay by mail for the reasons on this thread.....

so does that mean that I should wait to send in the AOS/IV docs until after the IV fee is accessible online and/or DS-260 is accessible?

Any advise, please?

@ LAz - thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. I guess I have to take the chance that my IV will generate online before my docs are reviewed.

CC = case complete

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Timeline

I just got this from the NVC confirming they received my AOS/IV Documents. So far so good, except for the stupid IV Processing Fee not showing up online issue..lol!

22-JUN-15

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 19-JUN-15. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow 30 days from the date we received your mail for the NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. The NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or if we are able to schedule your case for an interview overseas.

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

For those of you who waited to pay online, how long was it before it allowed you to pay (without saying $0.00)? We got an email on Sunday, June 14, to pay the IV fee, paid via money order on Monday, June 15, & got an email yesterday June 21 with the receipt, but still not able to do the DS-260.

So if I pay online, the DS-260 should appear? How long was it before it allowed you to pay the IV fee online after the email? Our oldest child starts school late August in the US & since we have missed our first two "hopeful" dates to be in the US, this is the goal. The kids & I are all US citizens, but it would be easier if we traveled together. Such an annoyance of how long this all is taking.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Soncrazed,

Is the IV fee status appearing as PAID for you in the CEAC portal? A lot of people in this thread who mailed in and received confirmation of the IV fee payment have not even seen the status in the portal change to paid after a few weeks. Judging from responses to this thread, it seems that most people see the IV fee enabled to pay in the portal after about three weeks to a month.

I received my IV fee invoice on June 10th, so I am going to wait and see what happens, since those who paid by mail don't seem to be able to continue with the NVC process even after they get a receipt saying they paid from the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

For those of you who waited to pay online, how long was it before it allowed you to pay (without saying $0.00)? We got an email on Sunday, June 14, to pay the IV fee, paid via money order on Monday, June 15, & got an email yesterday June 21 with the receipt, but still not able to do the DS-260.

So if I pay online, the DS-260 should appear? How long was it before it allowed you to pay the IV fee online after the email? Our oldest child starts school late August in the US & since we have missed our first two "hopeful" dates to be in the US, this is the goal. The kids & I are all US citizens, but it would be easier if we traveled together. Such an annoyance of how long this all is taking.

a month

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i spoke to the agent a minute ago with regards to the IV payment online, he said if i cannot pay it online i have an option to pay by mail and it will takes 21 days to show up paid and by that time i can be able to fill up the DS-260.... there is no time guaranteed when is the system will be up.... i just receive my IV Invoice thru email today and i don't know yet what to do mail the payment or wait?

Edited by timpoong27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

i spoke to the agent a minute ago with regards to the IV payment online, he said if i cannot pay it online i have an option to pay by mail and it will takes 21 days to show up paid and by that time i can be able to fill up the DS-260.... there is no time guaranteed when is the system will be up.... i just receive my IV Invoice thru email today and i don't know yet what to do mail the payment or wait?

wait, the 21 days is bs a lot of us in the nvc thread have waited well over 30 days with no progress . I had to pay twice to get mine to move forward .

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My God looks like I'm definitely going to pay twice for iv fees after reading this thread.i waited two weeks after i received the iv invoice but it wont let me pay on the ceac website.out of frustration i called and the representative adviced me to mail iv fee since thats the idea when u cant pay online. I mailed it Thursday june 18 2015 but after reading this thread i think it will come down to paying twice. But as much its going to be hard to pay another $325 i wont hesitate to make that payment bcos im so tired and fed up.i already mailed al my documents and this ds260 is the last stage for case complete.i just want to get it over with. I do hope and cross my finger i get any luck from the iv i mailed but I'm not counting on it.best of luck to evryone at this stage

@judesky the problem is not just paying twice...its also getting a DS-260 checklist if you cant access and submit DS-260 before they review your file. So if the IV fee opens for you online, pay it right away so you can submit the DS-260 and get your CC. if I remember you have an early Oct PD?

we are really in a catch 22 with this website problem. Its a mess.

Edited by sbai2000

Priority Date - December 2, 2013

USCIS -

12/02/13 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : Case Transferred from VSC to CSC

03/28/15 : Hard copy of transfer received in mail

04/14/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) - finally! (informed via text on 4/16/2015)

NVC -

04/29/15 : NVC received the case (informed during phone call to NVC on 5/01/2015

05/08/15 : Case number assigned and IIN (received via phone call on 5/14/2015)

05/12/15 : NVC Welcome letter mailed

05/19/15 : NVC Welcome received in mail

05/29/15 : DS-261 Finally Available on CEAC and completed

05/29/15 : AOS bill Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

06/02/15 : AOS bill status: PAID

06/15/15 : IV invoice generated (notified by email) but unable to pay on CEAC...waiting...

07/05/15 : IV bill Finally Available on CEAC and paid (status: IN PROCESS)

07/08/15 : IV bill status: PAID

07/08/15 : DS-260 Available

07/12/15 : DS-260 completed and submitted

07/13/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/14/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/16/15 : Scan Date

07/28/15 : CASE COMPLETE - NO checklist! :dancing::dancing::dancing:London...here we come...!!

08/04/15 : CC Email received...waiting for Interview Letter....

08/11/15 : Interview letter (IL/P4) received ...interview date 9/11/2015! :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

EMBASSY -

08/11/15 : Case Shipped to embassy

08/12/15 : Case Arrived in UK (tracked on DHL website)

08/12/15 : Medical completed

08/14/15 : CEAC showing IN TRANSIT

08/18/15 : CEAC showing READY

09/11/15 : Interview date (initial)

09/08/15 : Interview date (rescheduled on 8/18/2015) - APPROVED :)

xx/xx/15 : Visa in hand
xx/xx/15 : POE....Dulles airport!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@sbai2000...very true and thats my point Exactly. All i havr to do is pray the amount shows with pay now and i will pay right away not even considering the one i mail...probably ask for a refund later and see how that goes. Its just a disaster and you feel you've had the worse going tru approval at uscis thinking NVC is going to be that easy...hopefully we get to the end eventually. Best of luck to you sbai2000 and everyone at this point

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you @ Morganalmonshid94 i might have to wait hoping the system will back up soon.... since it is useless paying them thru mail and it doesn't reflect the payment on the website and cannot access the ds-260.... we have nothing to do as the problem here is the system is down and they are working 24/7 trying to get back to normal... sigh... hope and pray everything will be alright soon....

Timeline

What's weird is for some people the IV Fee online payment opens up at 1-2 weeks, while others is up to 30 days. Why the difference? I wonder if it's driven by country?

It's very frustrating to say the least. Sometimes I wonder if the delay is done purposely to give them time to get through the massive paperwork and delays they're experiencing. By what I'm reading these IV Payment Online issues have been around for a while now, and any large company would have had these things fixed by now. However, that's not the case with the NVC (it is a government organization, which are not as quick as the private sector to fix things..lol). Oh well, back to the waiting game.

Laz

I got AOS2 on May 4. I waited 5 weeks or so and could never pay online. Then did DS-261 by phone and I paid AOS and IV fee by mail. Yesterday I received 2 emails from NVC that they received the 2 fees. I am still not able to access the site online.

So next step for me is to fill out forms and create a packet and mail it to them - correct? This would (or wouldn't?) include DS-260, financial documents like tax returns, and supporting documents like marriage certificate, and photographs.

I'm not sure where to get a DS-260 form to put in the packet....or what do I do since I think DS-260 is online only?

After I send that packet off, what do I do next?

Thanks for confirmation or advice.

Edited by Optimistical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.