Bogota Rocks

Paying IV Fees by Mail - Is This Really My Only Option Right Now?

254 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes I sent it Monday and they received it Tuesday. I did not call yet to inquiry if they have processed it or not yet. I may call them today if I have time or tomorrow for sure.

Great! I hope you don't get stuck w the ds260 after the fee is processed.. Haven't decided how we are going to do, mail in the IV fee or wait some more..

USCIS

12/01/14: NOA1

04/16/15: NOA2

NVC

05/01/15: NVC received the case

05/13/15: Case number assigned and IIN

05/28/15: SCAN DATE, IV and AOS package

06/02/15: DS-261 available and completed

06/08/15: AOS bill available and paid

06/23/15: SECOND SCAN DATE (checklist for new i864 form)

07/05/15: IV bill available and paid

07/08/15: DS-260 Available and completed

07/17/15 Case Complete

EMBASSY STAGE

07/15/15: Medical examination

09/02/15: Interview (Changed from 09/23/15) approved (L)

09/10/15: Visa in hand

09/12/15: POE, Los Angeles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It would also be interesting to hear if, in the past month or so, whether anyone was able to access the DS-260 after paying the IV fee, either online or by mail, and how long after the payment was processed that the DS-260 showed up in the portal.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Great! I hope you don't get stuck w the ds260 after the fee is processed.. Haven't decided how we are going to do, mail in the IV fee or wait some more..

I lost one month and half asking myself the same question (Since end of April). I decided early June to just send by mail and push forward my case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

they told me to send a email requesting a refund so hopefully it'll work out, and you might want to go to a supervisor the first level reps are the most useless people in the world supervisors still useless but slightly less lol .

Did u just say u paid twice? You know I've been thinking abt that too since I was able to see pay now from my end. So if if you can reuqest a refund, then I'll wait for them to respond to you then do same. It seems hopeless just sitting around and waiting for them. Pls let me know how it goes. Good luck!

Married: 2013: 2013-12-28

USCISI-130 sent: 2014-10-30(Nebraska)

I-130 NO1: 2014-11-06

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-01

USCIS mailed: 2015-04-10

NVC RECEIVED :2015-04-16

Case # Assigned: 2015-04-22

Received DS-261: 2015-04-22

Submitted Ds-261: 2015-04-22

AOS Bill Invoiced: 2015-04-23

AOS Bill Paid: 2015-04-23

Submit AOS and IV packages: 2015-04-25

Scan dates for both packages: 2015-04-27

Ds-261 Reviewed over the phone: 2015-05-01 (9 days after submission)

IV Bill invoiced: 2015-05-04

IV Bill paid: 2015-05-08

AOS checklist received by NVC: 2015-06-19

IV Bill online paid again:: double payment but will get me through ds-260 ( email request for refund will be sent soon) 2015-06-21

IV Bill shows as paid: 2015-06-23

IV Application DS-260 FINALLY SUBMITTED: 2015-06-24

(I guess scan date is 2015-06-24)Hopefully, a shorter wait to case complete.

CASE COMPLETE !!! August 5th 2015

Interview date ***finally. November 10th, 2015

Interview Results: APPROVED! Less than 5 minutes. Glory to God.

POE: .....JFK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Did u just say u paid twice? You know I've been thinking abt that too since I was able to see pay now from my end. So if if you can reuqest a refund, then I'll wait for them to respond to you then do same. It seems hopeless just sitting around and waiting for them. Pls let me know how it goes. Good luck!

yes I paid by mail back early May and it would not switch to paid and the iv app said n/a so I called and spoke to a supervisor two days ago about my plan to pay it twice and how I can get refunded and she told me what to do to get the refund if I do pay it twice, I paid this morning because I did too have the option to pay online and it switched to in process and the n/a app now says not started so I'm just waiting for the fee to switch to paid and then I should be able to start the application .

Timeline

It would also be interesting to hear if, in the past month or so, whether anyone was able to access the DS-260 after paying the IV fee, either online or by mail, and how long after the payment was processed that the DS-260 showed up in the portal.

several people that have paid online recently have been able to to the application about 3 days later, we're all over in the nvc thread if you search it on here .

Timeline

several people that have paid online recently have been able to to the application about 3 days later, we're all over in the nvc thread if you search it on here .

For me I can pay only AOS online ( I paid it by mail and right after I sent the mail it was available online). If I want to do like you should I pay AOS too online and IV and get refund for both? (I just sent IV fees too by mail this week)

Timeline

For me I can pay only AOS online ( I paid it by mail and right after I sent the mail it was available online). If I want to do like you should I pay AOS too online and IV and get refund for both? (I just sent IV fees too by mail this week)

the aos isn't as much of the issue as the iv fee is, I haven't seen many people have the issue of the aos fee switching to paid but more so the iv fee . I've only decided to do this because I've waited over a month and I use to not have the option to pay online (it got fixed two weeks after I mailed my iv fee). Let's see what my iv application does in the next day or so when it switches to paid and I'll update on the outcome. Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

the aos isn't as much of the issue as the iv fee is, I haven't seen many people have the issue of the aos fee switching to paid but more so the iv fee . I've only decided to do this because I've waited over a month and I use to not have the option to pay online (it got fixed two weeks after I mailed my iv fee). Let's see what my iv application does in the next day or so when it switches to paid and I'll update on the outcome.

Thanks! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I sent a money order by over night express. Within 3 days of sending it, it was marked as "paid". Just be sure to use over night express. I know someone who sent her paent by first class postage, and hers wasn't marked as paid for 16 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I sent a money order by over night express. Within 3 days of sending it, it was marked as "paid". Just be sure to use over night express. I know someone who sent her paent by first class postage, and hers wasn't marked as paid for 16 days.

Wow it only took 3 days for you to have the IV fee processed and showing PAID?

USCIS

12/01/14: NOA1

04/16/15: NOA2

NVC

05/01/15: NVC received the case

05/13/15: Case number assigned and IIN

05/28/15: SCAN DATE, IV and AOS package

06/02/15: DS-261 available and completed

06/08/15: AOS bill available and paid

06/23/15: SECOND SCAN DATE (checklist for new i864 form)

07/05/15: IV bill available and paid

07/08/15: DS-260 Available and completed

07/17/15 Case Complete

EMBASSY STAGE

07/15/15: Medical examination

09/02/15: Interview (Changed from 09/23/15) approved (L)

09/10/15: Visa in hand

09/12/15: POE, Los Angeles

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

I also did overnight but its been more than 2 weeks now ?? it still shows "pay now"

I waited almost a month for it to be invoiced and got nothing so I sent it in the mail. It took them a week to get back to me saying they received, but still not showing online as PAID. It has been two weeks and a half since I sent it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.