dsldesch

Let's blow up the USCIS...on social media

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think it's important keep in mind that unfair or not, the waiting period it's unavoidable in TSC. And as other VJ members said before, it's a privilege bring your fiance or spouse to US, so that means our process are tied to their own rhythm. I really believe that USCIS don't care too much the complains about it because it's the usual thing in those service centers, one get better another get backlogged and viceversa, so its the endless vicious circle and I guess they don't worry too much about being "exposed" in social media because guess what, it's not new at all with all the immigration affairs that US face since long time ago.

If people get break down just for the waiting in TSC, just imagine those that get denied and have to do the K-1 process again or go to the spouse visa in TSC.

Patience it's the key in this process and I suggest you stop to following the posts or timeline of the people in CSC, that will only give you a negative emotional roller coaster that you don't need. Furthermore, all the problems, frustrations, etc, will be forgotten in a snap when your SO get into the country and even you will think that was worth it every minute of it.

I happen to believe differently, that the waiting period is avoidable, or at least manageable, and I feel there's no reason why any pairwise comparison of service centers should have such drastically different waiting periods for the same forms--now or at any time in the future, barring extraneous circumstances. To resign ourselves to the notion that just because it's always been like this we shouldn't do anything to change it is simply apathy at its finest.

Furthermore, I'm not "getting broken down" as you've implied, and I'm certainly not saying I don't feel for those who are denied. And, to be brutally honest, I'm fully prepared to wait as long as it takes, and I know every moment will be worth it, but as before, that doesn't excuse apathy or taking any effort to reform a malfunctioning system.

I also notice you're in North Carolina with a beneficiary in Mexico, as is my case. I'd love to keep in touch to hear more about your experience.

09/06/2013: Along Came a Relationship

04/16/2014: When Darren Met Harel (in person for the first time)

08/14/2014: The Proposal (but in Mexico, not Alaska)

02/27/2015: Flight of the Application

03/03/2015: Reception (Christopher NOA1an's latest masterpiece)

09/25/2015: 205 Days Later (NOA2)

05/11/20116: Engagement ended for familial reasons

Very right about it's a government department.

A lot of people have never really dealt with the government to this degree, but this is exactly how the governments always been. I'm Ex-military spouse and been very involved with my sister and her family and they've been in the military for a little over 20 years now... And well if you have been exposed to this and are still surprised, I'd recommend not expecting it to change.

One thing that my sister always says, and it's very relevant to this, is that the government is very slow to give, but VERY quick to take away. It's like this across all aspects of the government, not just immigration.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Keep in mind there are far more cases than just the family based visas to be processed. And some are seasonal. So the workload goes up and down. If we want it faster, then propose a fee increase because that it how it is funded.

There is no injustice in it. It can be frustrating. But, if it's important to you then you will work at it until the desired outcomeis attained.

Relax, pull up a chair, and chat amongst friends.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know everyone is frustrated with TSC. I went through VSC, when they were at a snails pace.

I wish I could think of something positive, or good to say about USCIS.,.,.,the director will not even admit when one of his service centers is way behind,

But, its all we got to get a loved one here, so as frustrating as it is, its all we got, and it is their game, we just play by their rules.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
The TSA's acting administrator, Melvin Carraway, is being reassigned to a different job in the Department of Homeland Security. Acting Deputy Director Mark Hatfield will lead the agency until a new administrator is appointed.

The directives come after the agency's inspector general briefed Johnson on a report analyzing vulnerabilities in airport security — specifically, the ability to bring prohibited items through TSA checkpoints.

Johnson would not describe the results of the classified report, but said he takes the findings "very seriously."

ABC News first reported Monday that undercover agents were able to smuggle prohibited items, such as mock explosives or weapons, through TSA checkpoints in 67 out of 70 attempts. ABC cited anonymous officials who had been briefed on the inspector general's report.

This guy was 95% ineffective in a matter of national security and all that happened was he was reassigned.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Thank you, Amhara. You have been one of the sweetest people I've seen of this website, and while I haven't kept up with the general March 2015 filers thread, I truly am glad that you and the others there have been moving along swiftly. I hope that continues with ease and little stress.

I don't intend to simply be another angry voice. Frustration doesn't in general lead to social change, but if we don't step up and speak up, nothing's going to change. I don't think the risk in stirring up awareness and pushing for change is high enough to cause a petition to be denied that would otherwise be approved, so I'm certainly going to do everything I can. It might not be the biggest or most important battle, but all efforts at change must begin somewhere.

Awww, shucks, Dsldesh! Thank you! Don't give up. Just keep pushing because it's an important battle to us. The US government is there to serve and protect it's citizens. You know bureaucracy well; but it doesn't give a sufficient excuse to operate inefficiently and to serve us poorly.

Signature coming soon...

I happen to believe differently, that the waiting period is avoidable, or at least manageable, and I feel there's no reason why any pairwise comparison of service centers should have such drastically different waiting periods for the same forms--now or at any time in the future, barring extraneous circumstances. To resign ourselves to the notion that just because it's always been like this we shouldn't do anything to change it is simply apathy at its finest.

Furthermore, I'm not "getting broken down" as you've implied, and I'm certainly not saying I don't feel for those who are denied. And, to be brutally honest, I'm fully prepared to wait as long as it takes, and I know every moment will be worth it, but as before, that doesn't excuse apathy or taking any effort to reform a malfunctioning system.

I also notice you're in North Carolina with a beneficiary in Mexico, as is my case. I'd love to keep in touch to hear more about your experience.

Any info that you need about my experience, please don't hesitate to contact me any moment.

Best regards!

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We the people, will always have the right and duty to scrutinize our government. It is indeed our duty as Americans. We deserve as citizens to be treated with respect and decency. Our government should respond to us in reasonable time. It should not be a privilege to fall in love and marry, even outside our borders. We should be efficiently and thoroughly examined for other motives however.

Timeline

We the people, will always have the right and duty to scrutinize our government. It is indeed our duty as Americans. We deserve as citizens to be treated with respect and decency. Our government should respond to us in reasonable time. It should not be a privilege to fall in love and marry, even outside our borders. We should be efficiently and thoroughly examined for other motives however.

The government is stopping no one from falling in love and marrying outside our borders.

Timeline

The government is stopping no one from falling in love and marrying outside our borders.

The implications of that are somewhat obvious. They would have to in any reasonable world be able to travel to both countries somewhat freely to maintain relationship. It is fairly disrespectful to the citizen to not allow that relationship reasonably continue and be sustainable. If the ethic of service to the people is not reasonbly in existence, I have no idea how the people can be expected to consider their government to be an honorable entity.

Timeline

The implications of that are somewhat obvious. They would have to in any reasonable world be able to travel to both countries somewhat freely to maintain relationship. It is fairly disrespectful to the citizen to not allow that relationship reasonably continue and be sustainable. If the ethic of service to the people is not reasonbly in existence, I have no idea how the people can be expected to consider their government to be an honorable entity.

There's some bad people with bad intentions. People need to be vetted. The ethic of service is too the people whole not to individuals. The process is in place to protect everyone here, not to keep people out. If someone doesn't want to endure the process than they are more than welcome to go somewhere else.

yep, it's pretty much a case of a few apples spoil the bunch.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

1. I don't disagree that some people have less-than-noble intentions and that it's important for all visa applications to be processed to ensure the safety of the general population as well as the validity of the relationship. I understand this process takes time, and for some, longer than others. Furthermore, I feel in particular to long-distance relationships, the ease of having one these days is not something the government has caugt up with; let's not forget it was only within the last five to ten years that it stopped being taboo to say you met your significant other online. It generally takes far longer for policy to catch up with public opinion. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if USCIS is seeing historic amounts of fiance and spouse applications on account of this, and that probably means whatever systems they had in place have fallen out of date rather quickly, and perhaps to those at the desks, rather unexpectedly.

2. What I feel needs to change is the fact that some service centers (currently Texas, but apparently it varies over time) have wildly varying processing times for the same applications. This has a disparate impact on people simply because of the state they live in, regardless of the fact that all petitions are now being sent to CSC. It seems to me that, possibly for the reasons hypothesized in point 1, that there is no stable and effective method, a best practices inventory, that exists between the centers to ensure that they are equitable and relatively consistent in processing times. A more efficient government, on any level, in any department, with more open internal communication, tends to benefit everyone involved--both the workers and those they serve.

3. I believe it's worth trying to do something to fix this. I don't think we need to be complicit in sustaining this injustice--because if we, the affected, don't speak up about it, no one will. I'm getting the impression there aren't many people here who are willing to participate in the video project I suggested, but even still, I think collectively we have enough power--simply as individuals with voices--to affect positive change. It may not have any direct result on our petitions, but if we could play a role in making the process more equitable for those who follow, shouldn't we at least do something?

09/06/2013: Along Came a Relationship

04/16/2014: When Darren Met Harel (in person for the first time)

08/14/2014: The Proposal (but in Mexico, not Alaska)

02/27/2015: Flight of the Application

03/03/2015: Reception (Christopher NOA1an's latest masterpiece)

09/25/2015: 205 Days Later (NOA2)

05/11/20116: Engagement ended for familial reasons

I keep reading about how slow the TSC is and how fast the CSC is and having gone through CSC, I can tell you that this isn't always the case. We filed at the end of January and only got approved on 1 May. We had an RFE that they only pulled up in April. However, our case was approved within the current timeline which is 5 months. Is it frustrating to see other applications being approved within a few weeks, yes, but as everyone keeps saying it's not a right, it's a privilege.... We're all in the same boat together and it's being stuck in a limbo that's most frustrating.

Anyway, my point is, moaning about one service centre or another isn't going to resolve anything - the most it will probably do is create a backlog somewhere else in the system. I wonder how many applications these people are dealing with every day.

Excuse me what? End of Jan to May 1 isn't fast to you!?!?? Even taking into consideration a mistake that you made (RFE?). Looking at your timeline, you were 9 weeks from NOA1 to your RFE. If you hadn't made a mistake in your petition, you'd have been 9 weeks from NOA1 to NOA2. TSC is averaging 30 weeks. 3.5 times longer. For the same fees and everything. And you think that 9 weeks "isn't fast". What do you think about 30?

No, it's not crazy "did they even read the file" 4 to 10 day turnover, but 9 weeks is WELL within what you were told to expect when you signed up. In fact, it's less than half the time you were told. And 30 weeks is 50% longer than we were told.

Holy heck, I only wish I could have such problems. Seriously,

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Timeline

I was waiting for a k1 visa when the twin towers fell. All visas were put on hold for about a year. Immigration was moved into the shell of DHS. I was told at that time by various government representatives, that as far as immigration goes, DHS answers to no one. There are no checks and balances. They do whatever they deem appropriate, and for whatever reason they wish. When they finally did issue visas, there was such a backlog that they just issued thousands of them at the same time with what was apparently no proper security checks on the immigrants. If my government wants me to believe that they are acting in the peoples best interest, they will have to re-establish checks and balances for the citizens of this country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.