Pedrita

Left country without a parole

59 posts in this topic

I appreciate all the helpful answers. To the ones that are blaming me, I had about a day to get home before something really bad happened and if I hadn't gone back home, I would probably regret it forever. So please, don't be mean to me. It wasn't em easy to buy a plane ticket at 4:30pm to board a flight at 10pm the same day and leave my husband, all we worked so hard for and our GC application. It hurts and we are desperate.

So I kindly ask you guys to be judgement free and mindful to all the pain we are feeling right now.

Thank you!

I understand you. I too had to make an emergency trip back home because my mom was dying. Although I had my combo card, I honestly didn't understand if it was enough to get me back to the US. So no matter how hard it was, I took the day off to reach our local USCIS office and they explained everything to me. I had to weigh the pros and cons. Had I not taken that trip to USCIS, I would've been home in time to say goodbye to my Mom. But the way my aunt explained it to me was that my Mom would understand why I did not make it home in time. Without my parents, my husband is all I have. And if I leave without making sure I can come back, then I cannot be with my husband for over a year.

Anyway, you made your choice and we can't blame you for that. I'm sure it was extremely hard for you to pack up and leave so quickly. Whatever the emergency was, I really hope it got sorted and the reason was worth being away from your spouse for a while. Good luck with your spousal visa journey. Take care.

Stop beating the OP up, she feels bad enough without you rubbing salt on the wound. Seriously you have posted at least 3 times about how stupid you think she is. You have no idea what her circumstances were, or why she had to leave so quickly. Obviously if she could have done it differently she would. Enough drama.

Oh, stop it with the righteous indignation BS. If the OP shared what the nature of the emergency was, and if it really were an emergency as defined by a reasonable person, perhaps people would react differently. As it is, it just looks like carelessness. You also have no idea what her circumstances were, so how can you assert with any authority that "obviously if she could have done it differently she would"? Enough faux moral platitudes.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Honestly she doesnt have to share her circumstances in a public website even for an advice. It's none of our business to know her personal life . So no its not BS. Besides to help a person you dont have to know the exact situation to help with her mistake. All we had to know is she had an emergency ( don't have to know what it is), she got out of the country without proper authorization (unknowingly) and what to do to fix the problem. And thats how problems get solved without going into personal life.

She doesn't have to do anything. But it is a forum with a lot of members, some of which, you know, possess a healthy curiosity, or even an inquisitive nature, and value critical thinking. So, people will ask questions to try to put things into context.

She has every right not to share anything. By the same token, I see no harm in asking. Without the information, people will speculate, and fill in their own story in the holes.

Just because you prefer dry, boring, mechanical questions without any detail, doesn't mean everyone else does.

It's no different than if someone comes to me for a consultation. I want to know all the surrounding details. Typically, without that, something important to a case gets missed. As a 'bonus,' the 'bare-bones' stories are boring and difficult to follow.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

She doesn't have to do anything. But it is a forum with a lot of members, some of which, you know, possess a healthy curiosity, or even an inquisitive nature, and value critical thinking. So, people will ask questions to try to put things into context.

She has every right not to share anything. By the same token, I see no harm in asking. Without the information, people will speculate, and fill in their own story in the holes.

Just because you prefer dry, boring, mechanical questions without any detail, doesn't mean everyone else does.

It's no different than if someone comes to me for a consultation. I want to know all the surrounding details. Typically, without that, something important to a case gets missed. As a 'bonus,' the 'bare-bones' stories are boring and difficult to follow.

since you mentioned critical thinking and knowing your details? what would knowing the situation add to your critical thinking and how will it change your answer which in the situation its only 1 answer and no other option?

Frankly I don't need details. I have a mathematical background which allows me to enjoy my dry, boring and mechanical questions without any details. All I need are my variables and no other details. Life goes on.

By the way knowing details is not critical thinking, its putting your nose in peoples business. Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you are thinking which in some of the comments I didnt see a lot of people exercising the critical thinking.

Edited by silkafi88

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Remember there are a lot of really nosy people on here and we just need to know to satisfy out curiosity.

Of course it has nothing to do with the question in hand but hey, spill the beans.

Anyway presumably you Husband has had no run ins with Brazilian immigration and is good to go.

Your chances of a US tourist visa include knowing your past US history.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

actually, she did NOT share what the emergency was. She merely said she went to stop a disaster, you have no idea what her disaster was, nor does it matter in the least. She came here asking for help, not for a bunch of drama queens making judgments. In a perfect world she would have gone to USCIS and applied for emergency AP, but she CLEARLY stated she did NOT have enough time. And why does it matter to you or anyone else on this site if she was "careless", as you state? She had an emergency, she went home, it's water under the bridge. It's no ones business, including mine, why she went.

Tell'em mimolicious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP, I find it hard to read that anyone would even consider what you did, just ""up and leave your husband"" and your reason has not been stated, but it must have been a ""life or death""

situation, for anyone to do this.

Well, it is done, so now what to do to correct it.

You can go to the American embassy and plead your case, maybe they can do something.,.,.,but I doubt it.

It looks like a year and a half separation, fro your husband,if you had the CR-1 filed today.

By the time you file a new CR-1, and get a NOA 1 on it.,.,.I wish I could see it sooner, but about 2 years from being back in the USA.

This is just my opinion, but many others agree with what I have said.

I really feel bad for your husband, and hope no kids are involved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can go to the American embassy and plead your case, maybe they can do something.,.,.,but I doubt it.

It looks like a year and a half separation, fro your husband,if you had the CR-1 filed today.

By the time you file a new CR-1, and get a NOA 1 on it.,.,.I wish I could see it sooner, but about 2 years from being back in the USA.

This is just my opinion, but many others agree with what I have said.

She would need a visa which allows immigrant intent. For example if she was in the US on a L or H she could re enter and re file.

If she is starting from scratch then we come back to the CR1

Devil in the details, CR1 seems to take a year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On the basis that this has turned into a bicker fight, this thread will most likely be locked soon.

It is completely unneeded to belittle the OP on circumstances no one knows about.

Her business of why she had to go home must have been severe enough to leave that very day and what's done is done now.

She does not need to disclose the reason no matter how curious we all are because like it's been said already we are nosy people!

OP- I'm sure you had legitimate reasons and didn't take the decision lightly. But you have put yourself in a pickle and from the looks of it will have to start over with a Cr1 visa.

Unfortunately this means at least a year until you are with your loved one again.

I hope whatever it was does not add to your stress and I wish you the very best with the rest of your journey.

I can't help much and you've been given all the information you need already.

I just couldn't read anymore of the unneeded comments without saying something.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.