680 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Wales
Timeline

Mine took about a week or so.

Thanks. I keep checking but nothing yet. Maybe they're sent out toward the end of the month? We weren't sure if it would prevent us from getting the interview prep completed but we've gotten everything done (medical, courier) now, so just waiting for the big day.

Good luck with your interview!

NVC sends them out in batches, so it might be a little while before it says 'in transit' and then 'ready.' It'll get there soon enough though!! :)

Thank you!

Mine is still at "NVC" from 4/29 and interview on 6/4! Kind of worrying a little.

Hopefully they will get sent soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. My spouse was never in the military so we don't have one.

I am so glad that you finally got an interview date. Great news! :dance:

If applicable for your country, don't forget the original military certificate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers ~ We haven't checked in here in awhile but I thought I'd post to say my husband has his CR1 interview in 10 hrs at the Bangkok Embassy. Dwheels, you may remember us. He had his original interview scheduled for March. 2nd. Two weeks before his interview he went for his medical at the Bumrungrad hospital and they found an "opacity" in his "chest xray" that required further TB Sputam Testing. When he went to the Embassy on his interview date the interview was postponed until the medical cultures were complete. That process took 6 weeks. It was clear on April 7th. It then took us another 2 1/2 weeks to get an interview scheduled again. After the Embassy received his medical pack (sent EMS by the hospital) the Embassy called him to verbally give him his new interview date of May 6th.

We are ready to go for the second time. Now with updated 2014 tax copies added to his paperwork. We're hoping for the best and that he will be on the plane flying home with me to Tahoe in a few weeks. Excited and really nervous here in Bangkok! Please send some positive thoughts our way (F)

Edited by jaiyen17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oops..forgot I have a question to ask. As of 4/13/2015 we have been married for 2 yrs. So we now qualify for the IR1 visa but our application is for CR1. Should he bring this up at the interview tomorrow or wait until POE? Any advice greatly appreciated. (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all does anyone know how long it takes to get you interview confirmation email after they have scheduled your interview ??? thanks in advance :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hello all does anyone know how long it takes to get you interview confirmation email after they have scheduled your interview ??? thanks in advance :)

I don't have an answer for you, but I would like to know as well. I confirmed my interview date by phone last Thursday, and I called again last night asking the same question. The rep I spoke to told me to expect it some time this week, and to call again if I don't receive it by Friday. I may call every day just to see if another rep says something different. Maybe it's just as someone in a previous post said, that NVC sends things out in batches. Let's hope it will come soon!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't have an answer for you, but I would like to know as well. I confirmed my interview date by phone last Thursday, and I called again last night asking the same question. The rep I spoke to told me to expect it some time this week, and to call again if I don't receive it by Friday. I may call every day just to see if another rep says something different. Maybe it's just as someone in a previous post said, that NVC sends things out in batches. Let's hope it will come soon!!

yea nvc told me that to like takes a week or so but another rep seemed very surpried that I didnt get it her exaxt words where"you didnt get it yet " so that made me think should I have gotten it lol hope it comes soon

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi, anyone waiting on an interview date from the Guayaquil, Ecuador Consulate?

I checked on the spreadsheet and there are very few cases from Ecuador from 2013.

Our case was completed on April 13 and want to have an idea of how long it takes for the Consulate to issue the appointment date..

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dwheels and others CHime in. If i leave a few days before my 2 yrs anniversary, lets say 1-2wks before. Do i still get conditional Visa or 10 yrs?

F2A -CIR1: Husband

PD: September 12, 2013

CC: Feb 10, 2014

Mail Naturalization for Upgrade: Jan 29, 2015

Case in review March 23, 2015

Case Upgraded to IR: April 10, 2015

IL: June 1, 2015

Visa in Hand: ???

Naturalization: Wife

Eligibility Criteria: 5 years

06-10-2014: Eligibility Date
03-08-2014: Application Sent
03-10-2014: Application Received
03-10-2014: Check/Money Order Cashed
03-12-2014: Priority Date
04-02-2014: Biometrics Walk In Date
05-08-2014: In-line for Interview
01-20-2015: Interview Date
01-29-2015: Oath Ceremony
01-29-2015: Citizen

Thank you! You will hear something soon Insha'Allah! :)

Thank you so much! I am flying out to see the hubby at the end of the week, we just couldn't wait to see each other any longer. I'll be coming home just before the interview, so I know the month will fly by. :) :) :)

That is exactly what we decided to do. And then he left whenever it was time for the medical. It really helped keep my worries at ease! I'm really just so pleased to see the good news for you after such a long wait!!!

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dwheels and others CHime in. If i leave a few days before my 2 yrs anniversary, lets say 1-2wks before. Do i still get conditional Visa or 10 yrs?

That is a similar question I just asked in another forum earlier. My interview is May 13 and my 2-year anniversary is October 13. I want to wait until my anniversary to activate the IR-1 although we had filed for CR-1. Nevertheless, once you enter the US soil at any POE, you will be assigned whatever Green Card is applicable at the time of entry (2-years and over marriage gets 10 year; 2 years and younger marriage gets CR-1).

With just 2 weeks before your anniversary, it makes more sense to just wait until after your anniversary date. I have decided to wait out the 5 months to October 13. I would still be within the allotted 6-month period that they allow approved immigrants to activate the Green Card.

event.png

April 2, 2014: I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox

April 7, 2014: Packaged received by USCIS

April 8, 2014: Received NOA 1

Sept. 17, 2014: Received NOA 2. Case APPROVED with no RFEs

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Oct. 21, 2014: Received letter from NVC

Oct. 22, 2014: DS-261 completed and submitted to NVC

Oct. 31, 2014: Paid AOS invoice

Dec 08, 2014: Sent in IV & AoS packages

Dec 11, 2014: Package received by NVC

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 25, 2014: Paid IV bill

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Dec 30, 2014: Submitted DS-260

Feb. 12, 2015: Case Complete with NO checklist! whoot, whoot!

Mar. 25, 2015: Received P4. Interview

April 29,2015: Completed medical examination

May 13, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED :dancing:

May 19, 2015: Received Package

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Nov 10, 2015: Received Social Security Card

Jan 4, 2016: LPR Green Card arrived.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

my interview date is june 4

Petition for parents I-130
11/27/2014- I-130 package sent
12/01/2014- NOA1 received
01/28 /2014- NOA2 petition approved
02/26/2015- called NVC and got the case number and Invoice number paid 120$ aos fee
02/27/2015- aos fee shows paid
3/06/2015- aos and supporting docs sent..
3/12/2015- USPS tracking shows delivered(delayed) supposed to be delivered 3/9
3/12/2015- NVC received packet-SCANNED

3/23/2015- sent new forms of corrected aos,,

3/24/2015- SCANNED

3/24/2015- IV invoiced and in process

3/26/2015- IV shows PAID

3/27/2015- DS 260 sent

4/16/2015- case complete

4/23/2015- received email of complete case.

4/27/2015- interview sched received

5/21/2015- medical passed

06/04/2015- interview date passed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.