kingneptune1

Sad News..But a new beginning

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well..i don't know how they knew but they did. And I'm fine with it. did me a favor and I have nothing to hide. Sorry for you posters who are skeptical, I can only tell you again that I received a call from the embassy, she left a vm with the embassy number, her name and extension. Upon call back she informed me this was in regards to my visa...she confirmed my name and my fiance's, she said they saw my post here dated April 9 and at this time would I like to close the case. She then told they confirmed she had not left the country. She then provided me with the correct email to send my cancellation letter, and gave me my mnl# in case i didn't have it available. What else do you want to know? I didn't make this stuff up, I have no reason to. I come to this forum for help with and advice and seem to now get a dose of skepticism and criticism..along with some uninformed ill-advised advice on the "correct" way to search for a mate. If you live in a glass house please don't throw rocks at me

Timeline

Here's one way they could have narrowed me down...I live in the Portland, Maine area. We have a small and sparse population here....can't be many recent K1's from this area. Just a thought. Sorry if I sounded harsh on the above post, I know most of you are just trying to help. Thank you

Timeline

Yea, King -

the April 9 post revealed she was in Kuwait. So there have to be precious few, if only one, person with a K-1 application from Portland with a Filipina residing in Kuwait.

So, at least this looks possible were an embassy employee to be cruising visajourney for intelligence.

Don't worry about the malicious pricks posting. You sound like a very nice fellow and the rest of us wish you the best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

well..i don't know how they knew but they did. And I'm fine with it. did me a favor and I have nothing to hide. Sorry for you posters who are skeptical, I can only tell you again that I received a call from the embassy, she left a vm with the embassy number, her name and extension. Upon call back she informed me this was in regards to my visa...she confirmed my name and my fiance's, she said they saw my post here dated April 9 and at this time would I like to close the case. She then told they confirmed she had not left the country. She then provided me with the correct email to send my cancellation letter, and gave me my mnl# in case i didn't have it available. What else do you want to know? I didn't make this stuff up, I have no reason to. I come to this forum for help with and advice and seem to now get a dose of skepticism and criticism..along with some uninformed ill-advised advice on the "correct" way to search for a mate. If you live in a glass house please don't throw rocks at me

Sorry, I forgot you have everything figured out. Continue using your methods. I am sure they will bear fruit.

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Filed: Timeline

Huh.

Anything at this point anything in regards to the events that transpired would be pure speculation.

But since I have nothing to gain or lose from this I will post a few opinions///

1- I really do not see any reason why a user (Neptune) would post a fictitious story like someone called and left a message like he described and he returned the call to the Embassy and in fact spoke to a real live human and had the conversation he described. The only thing he would have to gain is watching drama unfold and causing undo paranoia to the members and readers here. Granted Neptune has not been a registered member for a very long time, but all his previous posting were legitimate. (everyone knows we have troll threads that pop up and go on for pages before they are stopped) I wouldnt dare put him in that category and to Neptune I dont think anyone is...

-

2- Through out the years there have been reports I guess is the only appropriate word of people stating they were confronted in interviews with various things they had posted online- whether it was on facebook or yes VJ. When you apply for a visa you are giving them permission to explore your personal life and relationship, so it shouldnt be a surprise when they do.

-

The surprise twist issue (for me at least) in this case- was that it seemingly was unsolicited/ This hits a little bit of a nerve for me, in the privacy dept. I mean on face value some busybody reading a post, digging out a closed visa and then investigating into it? For me, a highly paranoid person, the conversation with the woman from the Embassy would probably not have been as gracious as the one Neptune had. Mine wouldve been more along the lines of who?? what?! how do you know this? you read what! say that again? in a high pitched voice freaking out lol

But getting back to reality. Reality is there is always the unknown factors we just simply do not know that we have to accept. Like: Perhaps the intended Mrs Neptune went to the Embassy to apply for a B visa and was told she needed to have her K cancelled out and got a newbie/overly enthusiastic or uniformed worker who gave the advice of the only way to cancel is if the petitioner does it. Mrs mentioned Mr posted on VJ about it, worker said it wasnt enough blah blah and then phoned Mr to advise how to cancel to help Mrs out. Long shot sure but sometimes people go out of their way...

Another realistic scenario would be:

well, remember back on page one? Neptune referred to a skype convo Mrs (sorry I keep referring to her as that) but a convo Mrs had with another applicant she met at the Embassy about potentially marrying Neptune even though she was having an affair and then divorcing and bringing her foreign lover over?

So here we have Mrs and and a woman in the Embassy potentially discussing illicit things and exchanging numbers. Brilliant on their part! (eyeroll) Neptunes previous posts also reveal Mrs made several trips to the Embassy because of paperwork issues. There is a chance that Mrs at some point got flagged for potential fraud. Could it have been after her approval? Could the fraud unit there still had been looking at her/them even though her visa was issued? Then it wouldnt have been her file was closed per se. And it wouldnt be so unsolicted/invasion of privacy (my feelings) busybody-ish.

------

But anyway.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

It will definitely not be forgotten.

(I dont know if much more can be said here, but since this is Neptunes thread its his decision if he wants it to remain open or not. He can request it to be closed by clicking the report button on any post and asking a mod to close it)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Here's one way they could have narrowed me down...I live in the Portland, Maine area. We have a small and sparse population here....can't be many recent K1's from this area. Just a thought. Sorry if I sounded harsh on the above post, I know most of you are just trying to help. Thank you

Neptune, if you're willing: It would be incredibly enlightening if you were to call the lady at the embassy and ask her how she tracked you down, and how and why she was motivated and able to call you amidst her certainly full plate of duties. (You can explain that you've been rehashing the situation mentally and were blown away by her courtesy and consideration.) You can ask if other embassies and consulates are familiar with VisaJourney and how they might operate if they were faced with a case like yours.

Is this something that you can do?

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm more surprised that people are surprised these forums are watched.

With access to moderate resources, it's very easy to track someone down.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Of course forums are watched, its just how things are unfolded- and as tbone said the motivation behind the specific targeting of calling Neptune out of everyone on here.

Theres threads like this posted every single week. Why him? Hes not the first to post such a story but hes certainly the first Ive seen to report being personally contacted by an Embassy worker on a heres how to do it... Has the advice gotten so bad on VJ that the Embassy feels the need to step in now (haha)

But seriously- theres also a thread running at the same exact time for the same embassy of a woman with a severe humanitarian situation (her husband died and she is/was -not sure of her position now- in need of a visa to go to the funeral as he was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident) and she posted she was denied for not having the long form of the marriage certificate. Where was her call from the Embassy offering her personal assistance, as that thread also got derailed and a bit nasty-ish advising her what to do and to come back for assistance. She was depressed and discouraged and left it at- I might as well let his parents move forward and bury him as it is hopeless.

So there does seem to be something more here. Neptune calling and getting more information would truly be something, but I dont know if he would be able to/

So I do agree that things are watched, but its strange. And of course with resources things happen. But lets not overlook such a short time frame. His first post showed up Wed Apr 8 at apx 10pm. 24 hours later on Thurs Apr 9 at 10pm he reported the call. Maybe my time stamp is different from yours- not sure how the forum here applies users times zone settings- but its still a very short 24 hr window for them to see it/verify his identity/ and decide to take action.

t

Like I said before either things are reaaaaly slow there, or they maybe had their eye on them. But I dont know. Im at a loss. Action in less then 24hrs by an Embassy worker unasked for. Im conflicted between giving them a gold star and closing my blinds to hide from the drones that may be lurking...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I have been following this thread and the very interesting developments with the embassy calling you.

Like many readers, I've been wondering what happened.

I love little conspiracy theories so here is mine...and I admit it is a bit far fetched.

Is there a chance the ex-fiancée knows someone at the embassy and had her calling you to close the case out? Maybe she wants to keep her options open to have someone else petition for her for another K-1 in the future.

And if she really wants to jump on the fraud wagon, follow that other beneficiaries advice and come to the U.S. , leave the U.S. spouse and petition for the Filipino boyfriend down the road ( if that's still going by then).

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

So sorry for what happened,it doesn't matter if you fall inlove several times in 1 nationality and then fails,whAt matter most is you can still keep moving on and you forgive them,one day you will find your one true love who can love you the same way back..goodluck to you and to your new Love?

Timeline

,it doesn't matter if you fall inlove several times in 1 nationality

No kidding. Billions of people have multiple relationships with people from their OWN country and nobody would put them down for seeking another one.

Nor do (normal) people accuse others of looking upon people as commodities for continuing to seek companionship. People cross city lines, county lines, state lines - nobody thinks a thing of it. But when you cross the magical country line - now you are subject to these malicious attacks.

It makes perfect sense, and is exactly how I proceeded. I was struck by the Philippines culture as something I liked VERY much and it was pretty obvious to me that my mate was going to come from there years before I met her.

I don't watch television and especially not sit-coms because one of the things I detested about it was the one-line "zinger" put-down that seems to be so popular with TV. It's just so pathetically superficial and stupid. Oh wow, you said a mean thing. Let me check the "like" box.

Timeline

No kidding. Billions of people have multiple relationships with people from their OWN country and nobody would put them down for seeking another one.

Nor do (normal) people accuse others of looking upon people as commodities for continuing to seek companionship. People cross city lines, county lines, state lines - nobody thinks a thing of it. But when you cross the magical country line - now you are subject to these malicious attacks.

It makes perfect sense, and is exactly how I proceeded. I was struck by the Philippines culture as something I liked VERY much and it was pretty obvious to me that my mate was going to come from there years before I met her.

I don't watch television and especially not sit-coms because one of the things I detested about it was the one-line "zinger" put-down that seems to be so popular with TV. It's just so pathetically superficial and stupid. Oh wow, you said a mean thing. Let me check the "like" box.

Let me just check this rep box for you....

Good luck on your next relationship. Hope everything works out for you. We all deserve happiness in our lives.

Timeline

okay so everyone knows, I called the lady back at the Embassy. I asked her how she found me and do they actually read the post? she said they do go through and read posts to try to get feedback from people that are going through the process. She said that they finallyprobably found me because my name or something like that was on there. Again I'm guessing that's because I'm from Maine is only have a few people from here that probably apply for a k1 recently. anyways, I verified everything with her again. Everything that I had to do to close the case. So I just wanted everyone here to know that they do indeed look at the post in the forums here on DJ. I always thought that they did actually. It just totally makes sense. it's a public forum. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a department that just does this. so anyways, if there is still doubters out there, you're welcome to send me a private message and I'll be glad to share the email the phone number in the woman's name at the Embassy so you can check for yourself. Thank you again for all the support here. This is a great place to come for information and help when it comes to putting together a k1 visa. I do request at this time that the moderator move this post back to its original posting on the in the Philippines portal. I found much more success there and much more valuable information in that subject heading. thank you again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.