wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Thanks for the response! I am curious if bank receipts from where I have transferred money to her would also be good evidence? I often sent her money since her job does not pay very well.

You need ZERO evidence of your relationship at a Lomdon interview. You do not need NOA2. They know your petition was approved. The approved petition is in front of them in a folder at the interview.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Alright Nich just to make sure I have my head around this. He'll go to NHS and get his MMR and Tdap(something one of those) and it will probably be less than 4 weeks when he has his medical cause his appointment for NHS is next week. So you are saying that to get the waiver at Knightsbride right? Not NHS. So he needs to make sure on his forms at Knightsbridge that she checks the following waivers?

MMR second dose (and he doesn't need to get this at any time?

Varicella waiver since he had chickenpox

Flu Jab waiver since not flu season.

They need to have all three waivers listed on his form is what you are saying? And he should check before he leaves right? Does he need to have another dose of the MMR later on or no since he's an adult? ( I haven't read the AOS for that yet) And thank you as you can tell I was freaking out a little bit. WE just keep uncovering more ####### when we dig for stuff. :(

Oh good. Nich-Nick is here. I hope you don't have plans for later today :D because my head is mush trying to collect my thoughts on how to submit the K2's DS160. There was also a note about what to do or not to do when making the payment, which I cannot seem to find on here.

Also, am I correct that we need to wait for our case to show 'ready' at the embassy on CEAC before we can submit the forms and pay?

I posted a link to the post about paying the fees and stuff from the K1 london thing. DId you see it? Few rows up . if that is what you are looking for. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I posted a link to the post about paying the fees and stuff from the K1 london thing. DId you see it? Few rows up . if that is what you are looking for. :)

Ah, I missed that. Thank you so much :thumbs:

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Sorry for the above wbeem....I meant to add a question to that quote & didn't wor out lol. My question is- when I was filling out the D-160, I thought it asked for the SRC number...but I may have been confused. Where does it ask for the London number? Also- I read somewhere that you check "does not apply" for the National ID number....James has one (I thought) for his work. Don't UK citizens all have a national ID number?

Thanks for the advice on the times...I thinking after work with a large glass of wine may be a better time to call ☺️

I missed this post as well. Oops.

I thought the same thing but once I went through the entire DS160, it asks for the London number at the beginning and then there is another question further into the form where it asks for the case number. I discovered this by hovering over the question mark at the second one thinking, "I've already given this!"

National ID number does not apply. I first thought it was our National Insurance number, but it didn't make sense to put it in there. I finally found other posts where they are clear that you don't answer this question. Just check that it doesn't apply.

Yes, James is right. The National Insurance number is similar to a Social Security number. However, it seems they don't want to know about it. At least from what I can understand.

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Oh good. Nich-Nick is here. I hope you don't have plans for later today :D because my head is mush trying to collect my thoughts on how to submit the K2's DS160. There was also a note about what to do or not to do when making the payment, which I cannot seem to find on here.

Also, am I correct that we need to wait for our case to show 'ready' at the embassy on CEAC before we can submit the forms and pay?

Well you know the DS-160 should not be submitted until you get a letter of instruction from London. however there is nothing stopping you from sending it at any time. "Ready" does indicate the file is in London. "In transit" means it's almost there. While still at NVC would be more daring. Pick which one you feel comfortable with. I don't think earliest in really affects your interview date if no medical results are there. It might give you a rush to submit something, but it could be submitted on the day of the medical or day after and still be the same as sending earlier.

Do not pay until you have an interview date.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I missed this post as well. Oops.

I thought the same thing but once I went through the entire DS160, it asks for the London number at the beginning and then there is another question further into the form where it asks for the case number. I discovered this by hovering over the question mark at the second one thinking, "I've already given this!"

National ID number does not apply. I first thought it was our National Insurance number, but it didn't make sense to put it in there. I finally found other posts where they are clear that you don't answer this question. Just check that it doesn't apply.

Yes, James is right. The National Insurance number is similar to a Social Security number. However, it seems they don't want to know about it. At least from what I can understand.

Thank you for the clarification! There's so much to keep straight ?

Timeline

Well you know the DS-160 should not be submitted until you get a letter of instruction from London. however there is nothing stopping you from sending it at any time. "Ready" does indicate the file is in London. "In transit" means it's almost there. While still at NVC would be more daring. Pick which one you feel comfortable with. I don't think earliest in really affects your interview date if no medical results are there. It might give you a rush to submit something, but it could be submitted on the day of the medical or day after and still be the same as sending earlier.

Do not pay until you have an interview date.

Thank you so much. I need to sit down and put all my questions in a logical order and then set out one post instead of asking bits and pieces all over the place. It would probably be more helpful to others that way, too.

And yes, my case is in transit. I didn't know I could submit it before it was at the embassy. Will they not have trouble matching it up if my file has not yet arrived? That's why I though I had to wait.

Lee & William

Timeline

I also understand that no interview is assigned until medical results and readiness form etc have been submitted, but may have to resort to using the confirmation of the DS160 to prove to Knightsbridge what my London number and visa category are. Being the more brazen type ;) I have booked my medical for 4 days time. I have nothing in writing. They don't know that, and i'm hoping they don't have to find out.

Lee & William

Alright Nich just to make sure I have my head around this. He'll go to NHS and get his MMR and Tdap(something one of those) and it will probably be less than 4 weeks when he has his medical cause his appointment for NHS is next week. So you are saying that to get the waiver at Knightsbride right? Not NHS. So he needs to make sure on his forms at Knightsbridge that she checks the following waivers?

MMR second dose (and he doesn't need to get this at any time?

Varicella waiver since he had chickenpox

Flu Jab waiver since not flu season.

They need to have all three waivers listed on his form is what you are saying? And he should check before he leaves right? Does he need to have another dose of the MMR later on or no since he's an adult? ( I haven't read the AOS for that yet) And thank you as you can tell I was freaking out a little bit. WE just keep uncovering more ####### when we dig for stuff. :)

The DS-3025 immunization form is sufficient for AOS if all the required shots (or waivers) are on it. Once you leave, and the results go to the embassy there is no re-do. Anything not signed off on would require a civil surgeon in the US to sign off.

This is the form http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/ds3025.pdf

All shots get a date.

The waiver column is the far right and will have letters indicating a waiver. Letter codes are at the bottom.

All the baby shots get A for not age appropriate. That is also a waiver.

MMR can get B for insufficient time interval to complete series.

Influenza gets an F for not flu season.

Varicella history has a box to tick.

Look at the sheet and make sure MMR has a B and flu has an F.

I think it was Pilot who got home and posted "my varicella isn't marked. She never asked me about chickenpox." I am saying if you want to be sure your form is correct for AOS, then know the form and say "I had chickenpox, but you haven't marked my form". Or "Not flu season needs an F please". They should do this but may get careless and leave something off.

Other waivers people could get are C for contraindicated meaning not medically appropriate like a pregnant woman getting a MMR or somebody who has a proven severe allergy to certain immunization components.

Concerning the MMR waiver. The nurse may write things like "due in 2 weeks". She shouldn't but she does. As long as the waiver says it was not appropriate on that day because of the time interval (B) then USCIS accepts it. same for flu shot. if it was not require on the day that form was signed, then it is good for AOS, no matter if AOS happens in flu season. If the form was accurate on the day of the medical, it is sufficient. That is in the USCIS handbook for adjudicators to follow when evaluating AOS. But every shot has to be on the form or waived. Going to NHS after the medical means it isn't on the official form so you have to go to a civil surgeon in the US to get a new official form with all things on it. New form on a new date could mean it is flu season again or 4 weeks have passed since the MMR. Then you would have to get appropriate for the new date because the other date no longer counts. You have to go by the civil surgeon date if you don't get it all covered at Knightsbridge.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I also understand that no interview is assigned until medical results and readiness form etc have been submitted, but may have to resort to using the confirmation of the DS160 to prove to Knightsbridge what my London number and visa category are. Being the more brazen type ;) I have booked my medical for 4 days time. I have nothing in writing. They don't know that, and i'm hoping they don't have to find out.

I have read other people say that isn't really an issue. They either weren't asked or said I forgot to bring it. I don't think they have ever sent anybody home over it, especially if they came from Scotland with a kid.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Aweseome! That's what I just wanted to make sure we understood. Should be good to go then, he'll get his shots next week and I'll make sure he knows what to check on the form and make sure it all is marked correctly so we don't have to redo it for AOS> THank you thank you for helping me understand what to do!

And yes, my case is in transit. I didn't know I could submit it before it was at the embassy. Will they not have trouble matching it up if my file has not yet arrived? That's why I though I had to wait.

We don't really know about matching up. Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe when the paper medical files arrive, they look up to see what else you have submitted and tick a box. Or maybe when the medical comes in they look for the NVC file on the shelf and if it isn't there yet, the medical gets set aside. We really are kinda guessing their process with folders and such.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Woohoo got my case number!!! Said they should ship it to London hopefully this week but at the latest should be no more than a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.