wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

MIne says "At NVC" now

Yeah mine does again now.

I'm going to submit my DS160 tonight. I have mostly filled it in at work - do you need to submit a visa style photo for it, or can it be a UK passport style? Does it have to be the same picture as the one being submitted for the visa at interview?
Thing is though, I'm going to be in the USA from 7th May - 5th June, so I can't submit my readiness yet, as they may try to give me an interview during the time I'm in the USA...so I will have to submit it later. Will submitting it while I'm out there be okay? It looks as though they are giving the full 6 weeks from submitting - interview at the moment.
The police cert. is a strange situation - they emailed me yesterday saying they received it on 25/03 but I only got the email yesterday saying they were dealing with it. I got the standard service - so should I expect to wait 10 days from now for it, or 10 days from the 25th...which would make it this week. Obviously I can't arrange for my medical before I have that though. I should have been more organised in getting the police cert. but I got so dragged down with the long wait for the NOA2 I didn't see much point in applying for it earlier. Mistake! But still, it wouldn't have made a difference because even if I had everything ready now, my interview wouldn't be scheduled for before my trip.

That's what it did with ours. We got it about a week after that email you just got so you should have it soon. Ours was weird like that too.

Are you scheduling the medical for 2 weeks out?

Yeah there abouts, he is off work on specific days cause he works shifts. So we just called and booked ours for April 24th in the afternoon. So he can just take the virgin train their that morning then take it that evening back and he doesn't have to try and book a room to stay overnight. So excited! One step closer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I'm going to submit my DS160 tonight. I have mostly filled it in at work - do you need to submit a visa style photo for it, or can it be a UK passport style? Does it have to be the same picture as the one being submitted for the visa at interview?
Thing is though, I'm going to be in the USA from 7th May - 5th June, so I can't submit my readiness yet, as they may try to give me an interview during the time I'm in the USA...so I will have to submit it later. Will submitting it while I'm out there be okay? It looks as though they are giving the full 6 weeks from submitting - interview at the moment.
The police cert. is a strange situation - they emailed me yesterday saying they received it on 25/03 but I only got the email yesterday saying they were dealing with it. I got the standard service - so should I expect to wait 10 days from now for it, or 10 days from the 25th...which would make it this week. Obviously I can't arrange for my medical before I have that though. I should have been more organised in getting the police cert. but I got so dragged down with the long wait for the NOA2 I didn't see much point in applying for it earlier. Mistake! But still, it wouldn't have made a difference because even if I had everything ready now, my interview wouldn't be scheduled for before my trip.

When I sent off for my certificate it took them about a week to cash the check and I actually called them (the online application option is new). They told me that they only cash the check when it's ready to issue and a few days later it was delivered.

I'm going to submit our DS160's tonight as well, then. Thanks :)

Yes, you could send in your readiness from the US. Several folk here have done it as it's coincided with being away. I'd want to submit it at least a week or two before leaving, unless you're not too worried about waiting for an appointment. I really hope they don't take a full six weeks for ours. We want to get married at the end of May.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's what it did with ours. We got it about a week after that email you just got so you should have it soon. Ours was weird like that too.

Yeah there abouts, he is off work on specific days cause he works shifts. So we just called and booked ours for April 24th in the afternoon. So he can just take the virgin train their that morning then take it that evening back and he doesn't have to try and book a room to stay overnight. So excited! One step closer.

Great news! Ok- what is the Knightsbridge number then? I can't open the link to the Knightsbridge questionnaire on the London K-1 guide....

Sorry- this was supposed to get posted separately...

What is the Knightsbridge number then? I can't open the link to the Knightsbridge questionnaire on the London K-1 guide....

Timeline

So he can just take the virgin train their that morning then take it that evening back and he doesn't have to try and book a room to stay overnight. So excited! One step closer.

Very clever. That will save him about £200 :o I was shocked at the hotel prices for this weekend. Clearly it's been a long time since I stayed in London!

Medical scheduled for April 21. So about 12 days. :)

Awesome! Loving all this progress.

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Sorry- this was supposed to get posted separately...

What is the Knightsbridge number then? I can't open the link to the Knightsbridge questionnaire on the London K-1 guide....

Phone: 020 7486 7822 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

Yes I'm so happy to see everyone's progress so fast. And I don't think they are taking the entire 6 weeks for the interview date. Most everyone I talked to had a date about 3-4 weeks after they got their medical records info and booked it for them. We are really hoping not too cause we want to take our family vacation end of May and get married first part of June. So hopefully.

And yeah Lee it is like super expensive to stay and stuff and he just didn't want to try and do it so he was like lets shoot for the afternoon and we'll just take the train in and out that same day. So we ended up doing that. He leaves like 9:30am arrives at 11:45, medical at 2, leaves coming back at 6. So all in all was 116 pounds. So much better than 250 or 300. Thankfullly. Yay I'm so excited!! Everyone is making progress!

Timeline

Yes I'm so happy to see everyone's progress so fast. And I don't think they are taking the entire 6 weeks for the interview date. Most everyone I talked to had a date about 3-4 weeks after they got their medical records info and booked it for them. We are really hoping not too cause we want to take our family vacation end of May and get married first part of June. So hopefully.

And yeah Lee it is like super expensive to stay and stuff and he just didn't want to try and do it so he was like lets shoot for the afternoon and we'll just take the train in and out that same day. So we ended up doing that. He leaves like 9:30am arrives at 11:45, medical at 2, leaves coming back at 6. So all in all was 116 pounds. So much better than 250 or 300. Thankfullly. Yay I'm so excited!! Everyone is making progress!

Yes, and we get to make two trips. We were going to fly down for the day and fly back, but it worked out more expensive and I wouldn't have been able to get to the Medical in time from the airport with public transport. It actually ran up a higher quote in the end, too, with all the extras for getting around.

For the interview it will definitely be an overnight, given that they schedule them all so early in the morning, but I am tying that in with a farewell visit with a close friend of mine and will probably make a stop at York on the way back to celebrate the end of this part of this incredibly long and draining journey. Then William and I can finally get married :D

We have found a wedding venue run by a lady who went through the immigration process. She completely understood our situation and has booked us with the ability to move the date if we need to, due to our circumstances. We both feel so much happier now, but the month of June is out for us for a wedding so we are really pushing for the last weekend in May. I think it's doable. We just need to continue to be on our game with getting things submitted and being ready to line ourselves up with a better chance of an earlier interview.

Lee & William

Yes, and we get to make two trips. We were going to fly down for the day and fly back, but it worked out more expensive and I wouldn't have been able to get to the Medical in time from the airport with public transport. It actually ran up a higher quote in the end, too, with all the extras for getting around.

For the interview it will definitely be an overnight, given that they schedule them all so early in the morning, but I am tying that in with a farewell visit with a close friend of mine and will probably make a stop at York on the way back to celebrate the end of this part of this incredibly long and draining journey. Then William and I can finally get married :D

We have found a wedding venue run by a lady who went through the immigration process. She completely understood our situation and has booked us with the ability to move the date if we need to, due to our circumstances. We both feel so much happier now, but the month of June is out for us for a wedding so we are really pushing for the last weekend in May. I think it's doable. We just need to continue to be on our game with getting things submitted and being ready to line ourselves up with a better chance of an earlier interview.

Oh yeah cause you are a little farther away as well and two of you getting to the medical I don't blame you. He is from Manchester so only a couple hours train ride. But definitely like you said staying over night the night before the interview simply because it will be so early to have to get in line and have everything. And that's awesome about the wedding, I think you can do it then because we are all on top of the game and if we hit each thing at the right moment and cause no gaps in time in between it should go pretty fast. We opted to have a small wedding in front of a waterfall here with just about 20 people in a cave lol Just so we could have enough money for a family vacation as well as a short honeymoon for us. And he doesn't know many here and his family aren't coming and my family is small so we just opted for a small wedding. But hopefully still turns out nice. YAY! So excited!

Timeline

Oh yeah cause you are a little farther away as well and two of you getting to the medical I don't blame you. He is from Manchester so only a couple hours train ride. But definitely like you said staying over night the night before the interview simply because it will be so early to have to get in line and have everything. And that's awesome about the wedding, I think you can do it then because we are all on top of the game and if we hit each thing at the right moment and cause no gaps in time in between it should go pretty fast. We opted to have a small wedding in front of a waterfall here with just about 20 people in a cave lol Just so we could have enough money for a family vacation as well as a short honeymoon for us. And he doesn't know many here and his family aren't coming and my family is small so we just opted for a small wedding. But hopefully still turns out nice. YAY! So excited!

Aah, waterfall and cave wedding. You can be his cave girl ;) It sounds gorgeous!

We are also having a small wedding, but that is by choice. I am fortunate in that we have a lot of mutual friends, but we wanted something small and personal anyway. William has a small family and my parents will not manage the long trip. My siblings and their significant others won't be able to get away at short notice with work and family commitments so ours is also going to be small and simple.

Aside from not having any of my family there, it is exactly what we would have planned even if we weren't guessing games and working with the 90 days. We just don't want to do a courthouse wedding and then plan another one. I think when it's something small anyway, there is little point. We have been sitting planning our honeymoon in the evenings over the phone and it's much more fun than having William sitting over 4000 miles away listening to me crying over the phone because we haven't been approved yet! It's also lovely to go to sleep at night without my phone in my hand. I'm sure one day we are going to laugh about these silly little things that most couples take for granted as a given right in a relationship - like saying goodnight on the same calendar day when you go to sleep, not sleeping with a phone in my hand in case USCIS sends a text, being able to sit together and not have to talk all the time, getting more than four hours sleep a night .....

I have a list longer than Santa's of things that I am going to be thankful for. I hope we always keep that. Above all, I am just looking forward to us being able to be together all the time. William has been absolutely amazingly supportive and encouraging and though it took forever to get approved, he never stopped calling up and trying to do things to speed up the process. Now we all get to look forward to enjoying being couples in the same time zone.

Lee & William

Aah, waterfall and cave wedding. You can be his cave girl ;) It sounds gorgeous!

We are also having a small wedding, but that is by choice. I am fortunate in that we have a lot of mutual friends, but we wanted something small and personal anyway. William has a small family and my parents will not manage the long trip. My siblings and their significant others won't be able to get away at short notice with work and family commitments so ours is also going to be small and simple.

Aside from not having any of my family there, it is exactly what we would have planned even if we weren't guessing games and working with the 90 days. We just don't want to do a courthouse wedding and then plan another one. I think when it's something small anyway, there is little point. We have been sitting planning our honeymoon in the evenings over the phone and it's much more fun than having William sitting over 4000 miles away listening to me crying over the phone because we haven't been approved yet! It's also lovely to go to sleep at night without my phone in my hand. I'm sure one day we are going to laugh about these silly little things that most couples take for granted as a given right in a relationship - like saying goodnight on the same calendar day when you go to sleep, not sleeping with a phone in my hand in case USCIS sends a text, being able to sit together and not have to talk all the time, getting more than four hours sleep a night .....

I have a list longer than Santa's of things that I am going to be thankful for. I hope we always keep that. Above all, I am just looking forward to us being able to be together all the time. William has been absolutely amazingly supportive and encouraging and though it took forever to get approved, he never stopped calling up and trying to do things to speed up the process. Now we all get to look forward to enjoying being couples in the same time zone.

OMG that's just like how I feel! I didn't want to do courthouse wedding either then something again. I wanted one and I wanted it to be special even if it was small. So we are doing the things we want but less stressful. And yes yes 100 times yes about the phone. It's always on and sound turned up every night so in case I got a message or he needed me in the middle of the night. It will be so great to sleep in the same bed every night and say goodnight to each other without text and a phone or skype. However, I do think for those of us that have went through this and everything involved and have such supporting fiance's that it will definitely make us all stronger in the end. Simply because all the normal things that normal relationships take for granted , going to bed together, waking up together, same times zones, etc..etc...lol are all things that I don't think any of us will ever take for granted. I will be so happy to be able to sit my phone down for more than 5 mins and walk away from it without fear of missing some important text from him etc... It will be so amazing to finally be "normal" lol And yes cheers to hopefully getting a full nights sleep again! lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

OMG that's just like how I feel! I didn't want to do courthouse wedding either then something again. I wanted one and I wanted it to be special even if it was small. So we are doing the things we want but less stressful. And yes yes 100 times yes about the phone. It's always on and sound turned up every night so in case I got a message or he needed me in the middle of the night. It will be so great to sleep in the same bed every night and say goodnight to each other without text and a phone or skype. However, I do think for those of us that have went through this and everything involved and have such supporting fiance's that it will definitely make us all stronger in the end. Simply because all the normal things that normal relationships take for granted , going to bed together, waking up together, same times zones, etc..etc...lol are all things that I don't think any of us will ever take for granted. I will be so happy to be able to sit my phone down for more than 5 mins and walk away from it without fear of missing some important text from him etc... It will be so amazing to finally be "normal" lol And yes cheers to hopefully getting a full nights sleep again! lol

You both just described my life right now. lol. Sleeping with my phone, crying while waiting, and planning our very small intimate beach wedding with just my children and a few very close friends. Normal? what is that? lol

Yeah exactly how we are doing. And yeah I don't think we will ever be umm normal but maybe more normal. Lol and I think we can all relate to the phone, Skype, crying etc..

Timeline

Yeah exactly how we are doing. And yeah I don't think we will ever be umm normal but maybe more normal. Lol and I think we can all relate to the phone, Skype, crying etc..

Normal is over rated. Far too ordinary for exciting couples like all of us :D

You both just described my life right now. lol. Sleeping with my phone, crying while waiting, and planning our very small intimate beach wedding with just my children and a few very close friends.

Another plus side is our health and safety aspect. It's good for us. No risk of electric shock by stray floods of tears getting into the charging phone at night, no risk of strangling yourself in your sleep with the charger cable and one of the coolest things is going to be having pillow cases that aren't tarnished daily by snot-n-mascara :lol:

Lee & William

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.