wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Well guys here's our current situation as of today.

Back in Feb, since TSC was taking forever to process applications and we wouldn't see an approval until June or July, we figured it would be safe to book a trip for me to visit in April. The last time I saw my fiance was Nov and as you all know the distance and time apart is brutal, so we booked the trip.

Then in March we received the NOA2! I'm still confused as to how the heck TSC works. There are still many people who filed way before us still waiting, still apart from their loved ones. Completely unfair!!!

Now our goal is to be able to have the visa interview during my booked trip, so I don't have to take more time off work and we don't have to spend more money on flights. But I think the chances of this actually happening are slim as my trip is the 15th. But I'm super excited to be visiting!

We still haven't received our NVC case number, heck it hasn't even been received by them yet. I call everday, I just spoke to "Athur" at the NVC for the 3rd time lol I know his voice and his name. I love that when he doesn't have my case he takes a huge breath before going into his speech about "35days" and I sit on the other end and laugh. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy. I just say "okay Arthur I'll call back".

I'm gathering all the docs, pictures and proof we need in the meantime. At least my fiance received his passport yesterday. He thought it was a pretty good joke to tell me he was going to have to wait another week, it was his April fools joke. I didn't find it that funny lol

So we sit and we wait for NVC.

My question of the day: do I need to bring my Tax returns along with the i134 for the interview? I keep getting conflicting information. Some say yes, some say no, others have said you need to bring 3 years of tax returns and someone even told me I needed a sponsor regardless.

At least a this stage I take solace in knowing we are half way there.....

Edited by nichi

My question of the day: do I need to bring my Tax returns along with the i134 for the interview? I keep getting conflicting information. Some say yes, some say no, others have said you need to bring 3 years of tax returns and someone even told me I needed a sponsor regardless.

At least a this stage I take solace in knowing we are half way there.....

You will get a better answer from a K1 with the same consulate as you because each consulate does things differently. The regional forums are here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/

This thread is in the United Kingdom regional forum. The answer to your question (for UK interviews ) is:

Tax returns are not a requirement if you have another good proof.

One proof satisfies London.

100% of the poverty level satisfies London.

If a fiancé doesn't have enough money, they don't even have to do an 1-134. London will accept an I-134 from any sponsor in the US.

BUT that doesn't help with with an interview in the Domincan Republic.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You will get a better answer from a K1 with the same consulate as you because each consulate does things differently. The regional forums are here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/

This thread is in the United Kingdom regional forum. The answer to your question (for UK interviews ) is:

Tax returns are not a requirement if you have another good proof.

One proof satisfies London.

100% of the poverty level satisfies London.

If a fiancé doesn't have enough money, they don't even have to do an 1-134. London will accept an I-134 from any sponsor in the US.

BUT that doesn't help with with an interview in the Domincan Republic.

:rofl: I didn't even realize this was a UK thread! Sorry guys. But thanks for the info provided.

Good luck with your journeys. :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

:rofl: I didn't even realize this was a UK thread! Sorry guys. But thanks for the info provided.

Good luck with your journeys. :dancing:

If you'd brought ice cream, we would have let you stay ;)

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

So, still bouncing around on a high. Just booked our train tickets (my daughter and myself) to London for the medical next weekend. I'm leaving work at lunch time and traveling down on Friday for the Saturday morning appointment.

Doing my document check:

Our passports

Police certificates (I have one from another country as well)

Completed medical questionnaire for each of us

Vaccination records for each of us (titre test and vaccination record for DT Polio booster for me as mine were lost in a flood)

4 x US sized passport photos for each of us

Anything else I'm missing? We have no medical history of anything.

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

So, still bouncing around on a high. Just booked our train tickets (my daughter and myself) to London for the medical next weekend. I'm leaving work at lunch time and traveling down on Friday for the Saturday morning appointment.

Doing my document check:

Our passports

Police certificates (I have one from another country as well)

Completed medical questionnaire for each of us

Vaccination records for each of us (titre test and vaccination record for DT Polio booster for me as mine were lost in a flood)

4 x US sized passport photos for each of us

Anything else I'm missing? We have no medical history of anything.

I hope that's all we need as well, that's all I put on his checklist for him. lol But I'm a little confused about your injections record? You said DT Polio booster, but I didn't see that on the list. I saw MMR and TD/TDAP which doesn't have Polio in it so now I'm concerned? Oh I bet you guys do the DTap/IPV one over there instead. Which is basicallly the same as our TdaP except it has polio etc.. in it. lol Crazy country differences freak me out haha

Edited by CheekyMonkeys

Timeline

I hope that's all we need as well, that's all I put on his checklist for him. lol But I'm a little confused about your injections record? You said DT Polio booster, but I didn't see that on the list. I saw MMR and TD/TDAP which doesn't have Polio in it so now I'm concerned? Oh I bet you guys do the DTap/IPV one over there instead. Which is basicallly the same as our TdaP except it has polio etc.. in it. lol Crazy country differences freak me out haha

I had the DT with polio because they didn't offer DT alone and I'd refused the pertussis for my daughter as a baby and given her D and T separately. The polio is not required. It was just the only way around it.

Only one I'm unsure of is the MRV4 for 11-18 years. I'm sure the UK doesn't do that. Or is it under another name?

By the time we are through with this lot it just feels like another £50 here or there won't even be noticed, haha

Lee & William

And ok yes so that's what I thought, just different names and combos but still the same for some. lol And do you mean the MCV4? I didn't see an MRV4 on the list. If so I think your equivalent would be the MenC . I think.

From the technical Instructions for panel physicians concerning MCV4

Meningococcal conjugate vaccine, specifically tetravalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4), should be given to persons 11 through 18 years of age. Meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV) or other forms of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (e.g., monovalent MCV) is not an acceptable alternative for this age group.

It's a four pronged immunization for meningitis. It looks like the UK has been using Meningitis C and more recently (2014) adopted use of Meningitis B. http://www.nhs.uk/news/2013/01January/Pages/New%20meningitis-B-vaccine-approved-for-UK-use.aspx. The US FDA did not approve Men B until 5 or 6 months ago, so I don't that is on the vaccine list yet for immigration.

The fact that they want adolescents to have the MCV4 may make a difference, but probably not. UK gives Men C to babies and the US doesn't. Does she have anything for Meningitis?

Sorry I totally messed up my previous edit, so it was a mess. hope this looks less crazy.

I

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks Nich when explaining it I didn't know if it would count or not since it wasn't exactly the same as what they give there. :/

Timeline

Nich-Nick, yes she's had Men C. I think she had one dose and a booster. Or maybe two boosters. Is have to check how many.

Lee & William

Nich-Nick, yes she's had Men C. I think she had one dose and a booster. Or maybe two boosters. Is have to check how many.

I think the same strains are covered. Hard to find specifics. The US schedule talk seems to concern teens and to get a booster at sixteen or for sure before going off to college and living in a dorm situation. Not sure if age will be a factor if not given in the 11-18 year range. It could be for her school but maybe not immigration. This is how the form shows it. MCV4 and "other". http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/ds3025.pdf Maybe Men C will be "other".

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Thank you. I will just take what we have and ask them when we go for the medical.

Right, next question :D

I've completed my DS 160 and saved it to retrieve. It doesn't like my visa photo. I keep getting an error message saying the illumination appears to be poor. These are the same photos, taken by a professional visa/passport photographer, which we used for our application to USCIS with no issues. I can't see what the issue is. It's a high quality image. Can I submit the form without a photo when we get to that stage?

Lee & William

Thank you. I will just take what we have and ask them when we go for the medical.

Right, next question :D

I've completed my DS 160 and saved it to retrieve. It doesn't like my visa photo. I keep getting an error message saying the illumination appears to be poor. These are the same photos, taken by a professional visa/passport photographer, which we used for our application to USCIS with no issues. I can't see what the issue is. It's a high quality image. Can I submit the form without a photo when we get to that stage?

Have you read all these digital requirement and made sure it meets those? http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/photos/digital-image-requirements.html

Or maybe tried messing with photo software to lighten it slightly.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.