MattTB

Situation out of the ordinary

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, my name is Matt, and I'm new here :D
So here's the situation:
I am a US citizen and my fiance is from the Philippines. However, she is currently a nurse in a Saudi Arabia hospital on contract until November.
We've been looking into the fiance visa process and were looking into a lawyer or agency to make sure we do it right the first time, because if she does not renew her contract it and the visa does not get approved it will really throw things out of whack for her. We have been together almost a year, and met in person recently. We have plenty of proof through photos, chat logs, tickets and all that. I was hoping some of you might have had a similar situation and could offer some advice. Would she have to go back to the Philippines to complete the process, or can she do it all at the embassy in Riyadh? Are there extra steps because she is not in her country of citizenship? Also how can we prove our intention to marry within 90 days of arrival?
Any advice is very much appreciated.

-Matt

TL;DR:
Fiance is from Philippines, working in Saudi Arabia on a contract. Looking for tips/advice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

So here's the situation:

I am a US citizen and my fiance is from the Philippines. However, she is currently a nurse in a Saudi Arabia hospital on contract until November.

We've been looking into the fiance visa process and were looking into a lawyer or agency to make sure we do it right the first time, because if she does not renew her contract it and the visa does not get approved it will really throw things out of whack for her. We have been together almost a year, and met in person recently. We have plenty of proof through photos, chat logs, tickets and all that. I was hoping some of you might have had a similar situation and could offer some advice. Would she have to go back to the Philippines to complete the process, or can she do it all at the embassy in Riyadh?

If she's living there legally, then that's where her interview would be.

Are there extra steps because she is not in her country of citizenship?

Nope

Also how can we prove our intention to marry within 90 days of arrival?

Both sign letters of intent.....Read the Guides and follow the Example Forms.....links at the top of this page.

-Matt

TL;DR:

Fiance is from Philippines, working in Saudi Arabia on a contract. Looking for tips/advice

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

So here's the situation:

We've been looking into the fiance visa process and were looking into a lawyer or agency to make sure we do it right the first time, because if she does not renew her contract it and the visa does not get approved it will really throw things out of whack for her. We have been together almost a year, and met in person recently. We have plenty of proof through photos, chat logs, tickets and all that. I was hoping some of you might have had a similar situation and could offer some advice. Would she have to go back to the Philippines to complete the process, or can she do it all at the embassy in Riyadh? Are there extra steps because she is not in her country of citizenship? Also how can we prove our intention to marry within 90 days of arrival?

-Matt

TL;DR:

1) I've seen many Filipinos going through the fiancee visa processing from various different countries outside of Philippine,

so it's not so out of ordinary.

2) If she doesn't get the contract and doesn't have the visa to stay in Saudi Arabia,

pending US fiancee visa isn't going to allow her to stay there. That's strictly between

her and Saudi Arabia.

3) You and her each submit "intent to marry within 90 days" letter in your filing.

4) What part will be "thrown out of whack" if she doesn't renew her contract?

Are you talking about complication of which address (Saudi vs. Philippine) to file the

fiancee visa with?

So many Filipinos have been expedited (probably for hardship after the hurricane),
and some have made it to US in just 2 months after filing,
but I'm not certain she will qualify, if she is in Saudi and working a nice professional job.
So you guys have 3 choices...
1. File now using her Saudi address, and if contract is not renewed and she has to
return to Philippine or even get a job at another country, you can update USCIS/NVC/local Consulate later.
2. Wait for her renewal decision, and then file with best address where she will be
during the K1 visa processing, which could be as short as couple-three months (for some Filipinos) to 10+ months.
3. Have her return to Philippine during the processing, and then file using Philippine address.
10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So here's the situation:

-Matt

TL;DR:

No she does not have to return to the Philippines to process the visa, she can apply for her visa in Riyadh. There are no extra steps required of her, simple follow the embassy instructions letter for the embassy in Riyadh. You don't prove you will marry within 90 days, you provide USCIS (and the embassy) with a letter of of intent to marry - with original signature.

I know a Filipina that did the process like this not too long ago, contact me and I will get you two connected if she is willing to assist.

If your fiancee does not get her contract renewed then she will have to return to the Philippines to process her visa.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

4) What part will be "thrown out of whack" if she doesn't renew her contract?

Are you talking about complication of which address (Saudi vs. Philippine) to file the

fiancee visa with?

1. File now using her Saudi address, and if contract is not renewed and she has to
return to Philippine or even get a job at another country, you can update USCIS/NVC/local Consulate later.
She is concerned because she doesn't have a good job back in the Philippines and she doesn't want to end up stuck there with nothing if for some reason the visa doesn't go through and she hasn't renewed because it's difficult to get back in.

If she resigns and she has to go back to the Philippines before the visa is approved, will updating USCIS with the new address add even more wait time?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
She is concerned because she doesn't have a good job back in the Philippines and she doesn't want to end up stuck there with nothing if for some reason the visa doesn't go through and she hasn't renewed because it's difficult to get back in.

If she resigns and she has to go back to the Philippines before the visa is approved, will updating USCIS with the new address add even more wait time?

You are the man in the situation, You need to make the call here.

1.) If you file the petition and more than likely it would be approved and she will be doing her interview in Saudi

2.) Tell her to quit her job and go home and spend time with her family and friends while you do the visa process.

It only take a couple of months or less to get approval

I would do #2, I bet you her employee has taken her passport and is holding it and will only give it back when the contract is finished, This is illegal put standard in Saudi.....

Timeline

You are the man in the situation, You need to make the call here.

1.) If you file the petition and more than likely it would be approved and she will be doing her interview in Saudi

2.) Tell her to quit her job and go home and spend time with her family and friends while you do the visa process.

It only take a couple of months or less to get approval

I would do #2, I bet you her employee has taken her passport and is holding it and will only give it back when the contract is finished, This is illegal put standard in Saudi.....

Well yeah, but I want to take her concerns into account too of course.

That's another thing. She's not directly in Riyadh either, but a smaller city about an hour flight away. They do have her passport, I think she can get it out for this sort of thing if she needs it for the visa process but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Either way, she can't really leave until the contract is up unless it's emergency circumstances. She said basically unless somebody dies they will just take their time doing an early contract termination for emergency exit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Well yeah, but I want to take her concerns into account too of course.

That's another thing. She's not directly in Riyadh either, but a smaller city about an hour flight away. They do have her passport, I think she can get it out for this sort of thing if she needs it for the visa process but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Either way, she can't really leave until the contract is up unless it's emergency circumstances. She said basically unless somebody dies they will just take their time doing an early contract termination for emergency exit.

You can have everything in the world the way you two want...this is how our lives work.

So you have to pick the best / less risky option.

I would just file using her Saudi address,

but if her contract is not renewed and she has to return to Philippine,

then deal with it then. When and how to handle the address change

depends on what stage the processing is in.

There is no end to worries if you really want to stretch it...

There is a person who got K1 rejected, so they got married, and their CR-1 is rejected,

while living 5 years apart during these processing and there is no certainty that they will be approved.

Right now, many Filipinos are approved at lightening speed in comparison to others,

and you are very lucky to hook up with a nurse, which is in hot demand and pays big salary.

Just keep her happy and calm, and keep checking with VJ-ers to guidance

and all will be fine...don't over worry.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So here's the situation:

-Matt

TL;DR:

this is eerily similar to my situation Matt :) lucky for you and your fiancee, I'm pretty much blazing a trail for this specific scenario going forward

look, when does her contract expire? the bottom line you're worried about is this: if her K-1 Visa is approved, what happens if she's still under contract? the answer is: you pay a contract fee

You basically have to buy out her contract which is what my fiancee and I are facing. It's about $3,000

so definitely factor that in your decisions. that being said, should you just wait until her contract expires and she's home in the philippines, that in itself poses a whole world of questions you two will have to answer (ie: what will she be doing there all that time? will you still meet the 2 yr having met in person req, etc)

to be honest, it's by far easier for you two to do this that in the Philippines.. the journey and struggle my fiancee have undergone in Riyadh is extremely, extremely tough

remember: CLOSED COUNTRY.. they control her time, where she can go, what she can do, etc etc..

i wish you two luck and if there's anything, post it since like i said.. i've blazed this trail for this scenario with my fiancee :) when there is no path to follow.. i'm blazing a trail for others and any way i can help, i will

January 21, 2020 = My wife is finally a US CITIZEN!! Thank you Jesus! Our long journey is finally over!!

December 18, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Letter Received! THANK YOU JESUS!! The journey is long, but in the end.. it's all worth it

December 17, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Scheduled! i751 Removal of Conditions on Green Card Approved!

December 16, 2019 = "do over" for n400 interview.. was sent to the Adjudicator room.. after a very long wait since it was crowded.. PASSED!

October 8, 2019 = n400 Interview, did not pass. did not fail. what?! yup. was scheduled for a "do over"

May 21, 2019 = Green Card ROC Application transferred to local office for interview

February 21, 2019 = N400 Biometrics Appointment

February 01, 2019 = N400 NOA1 received. Biometric Appointment Scheduled

January 30, 2019 = Files N400 US Citizenship Application (while green card roc is pending)

March 20, 2018 = Biometrics Appt  (i797-C, Notice of Action .. noa1?)

January 30, 2018 = Received I-757 NOA for i-751 petition

January 26, 2018 = Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to Vermont Service Center

March 30, 2016 = AOS Approved on the same day!!! YES THANK YOU JESUS!!

March 30, 2016 = Adjustment of Status interview..

December 3, 2015 = Employment Auth & Travel Permit Approved

September 24, 2015 = Filed for Adjustment of Status, Employment Auth, Travel Permit

August 27, 2015 = Married !!!!!!!

July 16, 2015 = CEAC status ISSUED!!! :) OH YES BABY!!! Flight Book to NYC on August 8!!!

July 2, 2015 = Returned to Embassy for fingerprints and brought Passport and 221G documents -- PASSED!!

June 21, 2015 = K-1 Interview .. issued a 221G and was told to come back to do fingerprints

June 16, 2015 = Interview Date from Riyadh Embassy!!! :D Received Packet 4

March 22, 2015 = Readyness Documents Delivered!! yay!

March 18, 2015 = Readyness Documents mailed to Riyadh Embassy.

March 17, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Shows up on ustraveldocs.com/sa/ (Last step for the K-1 Packet!!)

March 14, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Paid (1,0007 sar)

March 05, 2015 = K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) received by fiancee in Riyadh!!! (that quick?! WOW!)

March 02, 2015 = Mailed K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) to Riyadh via FedEx

February 20, 2015 = NVC Approval Letter Received! (lol a week after Riyadh Embassy contacted us)

= Riyadh Embassy EMAILS the "Packet 3" notification :) game on! and yes, they reference your Case #

February 16, 2015 = Case # Received from RIYADH EMBASSY!! Yup! Didn't call NVC or hear anything but damn that FAST!

February 06, 2015 = NVC received I-129F package (called them, no case # yet)

January 30, 2015 = Hardcopy of NOA2 received

January 30, 2015 = USCIS Status Change! Application Mailed to Visa Center. (so it took a week for TSC to mail it to NVC)

January 23, 2015 = NOA 2 Case Approval by USCIS Website and Email!!!!!

December 24, 2014 = Hardcopy NOA1 received

December 22, 2014 = NOA 1 Receipt TSC (NO!! not the hellhole that is TSC) :(

December 18, 2014 = I-129F submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You've got 7 months until November. Your fiancee is from the Philippines, so I'd say you have enough time for her to get the visa in Saudi Arabia before her contract is up.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

by the way, to expound:

1) you can do EVERYTHING needed in Riyadh

2) your fiancee resigns = break of contract = contract fee have to be paid

3) your k-1 is approved, same thing = break of contract (unless she waits until November when her contract expires)

4) doing things in Riyadh makes everything three times harder just because of their living situation there (closed country)

anyhows like i said, ask anything since you're about to walk a path I'm about to finish and nobody else here on VJ has walked this path :) i know because all the answers to my questions were answered by me thru simply, doing it..

January 21, 2020 = My wife is finally a US CITIZEN!! Thank you Jesus! Our long journey is finally over!!

December 18, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Letter Received! THANK YOU JESUS!! The journey is long, but in the end.. it's all worth it

December 17, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Scheduled! i751 Removal of Conditions on Green Card Approved!

December 16, 2019 = "do over" for n400 interview.. was sent to the Adjudicator room.. after a very long wait since it was crowded.. PASSED!

October 8, 2019 = n400 Interview, did not pass. did not fail. what?! yup. was scheduled for a "do over"

May 21, 2019 = Green Card ROC Application transferred to local office for interview

February 21, 2019 = N400 Biometrics Appointment

February 01, 2019 = N400 NOA1 received. Biometric Appointment Scheduled

January 30, 2019 = Files N400 US Citizenship Application (while green card roc is pending)

March 20, 2018 = Biometrics Appt  (i797-C, Notice of Action .. noa1?)

January 30, 2018 = Received I-757 NOA for i-751 petition

January 26, 2018 = Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to Vermont Service Center

March 30, 2016 = AOS Approved on the same day!!! YES THANK YOU JESUS!!

March 30, 2016 = Adjustment of Status interview..

December 3, 2015 = Employment Auth & Travel Permit Approved

September 24, 2015 = Filed for Adjustment of Status, Employment Auth, Travel Permit

August 27, 2015 = Married !!!!!!!

July 16, 2015 = CEAC status ISSUED!!! :) OH YES BABY!!! Flight Book to NYC on August 8!!!

July 2, 2015 = Returned to Embassy for fingerprints and brought Passport and 221G documents -- PASSED!!

June 21, 2015 = K-1 Interview .. issued a 221G and was told to come back to do fingerprints

June 16, 2015 = Interview Date from Riyadh Embassy!!! :D Received Packet 4

March 22, 2015 = Readyness Documents Delivered!! yay!

March 18, 2015 = Readyness Documents mailed to Riyadh Embassy.

March 17, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Shows up on ustraveldocs.com/sa/ (Last step for the K-1 Packet!!)

March 14, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Paid (1,0007 sar)

March 05, 2015 = K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) received by fiancee in Riyadh!!! (that quick?! WOW!)

March 02, 2015 = Mailed K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) to Riyadh via FedEx

February 20, 2015 = NVC Approval Letter Received! (lol a week after Riyadh Embassy contacted us)

= Riyadh Embassy EMAILS the "Packet 3" notification :) game on! and yes, they reference your Case #

February 16, 2015 = Case # Received from RIYADH EMBASSY!! Yup! Didn't call NVC or hear anything but damn that FAST!

February 06, 2015 = NVC received I-129F package (called them, no case # yet)

January 30, 2015 = Hardcopy of NOA2 received

January 30, 2015 = USCIS Status Change! Application Mailed to Visa Center. (so it took a week for TSC to mail it to NVC)

January 23, 2015 = NOA 2 Case Approval by USCIS Website and Email!!!!!

December 24, 2014 = Hardcopy NOA1 received

December 22, 2014 = NOA 1 Receipt TSC (NO!! not the hellhole that is TSC) :(

December 18, 2014 = I-129F submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Post edited to remove unflattering language and returned to thread, as follows:

Is she a child? Why can't she make the call? Isn't she involved?

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

So here's the situation:

-Matt

TL;DR:

One of the requirements in filing a K1 visa is that you should have met atleast once for the past 2 years.

Timeline

by the way, to expound:

1) you can do EVERYTHING needed in Riyadh

2) your fiancee resigns = break of contract = contract fee have to be paid

3) your k-1 is approved, same thing = break of contract (unless she waits until November when her contract expires)

4) doing things in Riyadh makes everything three times harder just because of their living situation there (closed country)

anyhows like i said, ask anything since you're about to walk a path I'm about to finish and nobody else here on VJ has walked this path :) i know because all the answers to my questions were answered by me thru simply, doing it..

Thanks for the response. Glad to know we're not the only ones in this boat haha

She does not want to end the contract early for many reasons, including but not limited to the fee and complications and risks associated with processing there. Plus the Saudis would take their sweet time processing everything.

What we're starting to do is just get everything we can ready what we'll need for submitting the packet as soon as she gets back to the Philippines at the end of November since she can travel freely and get wherever she needs to go for whatever she needs.

To clear things up, we met in person already. I spent pretty much all of January with her.

One of the requirements in filing a K1 visa is that you should have met atleast once for the past 2 years.

? it is stated in post

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.